www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • Interests:Anything and Everything

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:28 PM

IOWA
Results: Huge night in Iowa for Obama and Huckabee

* Barack Obama wins, Clinton and Edwards neck and neck in Democratic race, CNN projects
* CNN projects Republican Mike Huckabee wins too; "I love Iowa, a whole lot," he says
* Entrance polls indicated young Dems went for Obama; Huckabee favored by religious voters
* Joe Biden and Chris Dodd withdraw from Democratic race

New Hampshire
Analysis: First-in-nation primary is a must-win for one Democrat, two Republicans

* State claims right to first primary, and small size gives voters chance to see candidates face to face
* Victories put Jimmy Carter on the map in 1976 and saved Ronald Reagan in 1980; weak showing helped bring down Lyndon Johnson
* State is a must-win for Hillary Clinton; an upset would throw that race wide open
* It's also a must-win for former neighboring governor Mitt Romney and 2000 primary winner John McCain; a Rudy Giuliani win over both would give him
tremendous momentum
* Independents outnumber both Democrats and Republicans and can vote in either primary

South Carolina
Analysis: Rip-roaring contests in store for both the Democrats and Republicans

* Republican establishment often relies on the state to save its favored candidates: George H.W. Bush in 1988, 1992; Bob Dole in 1996; and George W. Bush in 2000.
* This time, will conservatives rally around an early frontrunner? Or will they splinter, or rally around another candidate?
* On Democratic side, African Americans made up nearly half the voters in the 2004 primary; will they support Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton?
* To mix it up a bit more, John Edwards is a native son who won the 2004 primary

#2 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:29 PM

NEVADA
Analysis: Democratic and Republican caucuses seen as a crapshoot

* Why were caucuses moved up? Four reasons: the growing West, a large Hispanic population, a heavily unionized work force and the influence of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada
* Republicans followed the Democrats' lead and will hold their caucuses on the same day to coincide with their regularly scheduled precinct meetings. Reasons for doing so: Nevada is a key Western state that voted for Bush in 2004, and the earlier caucuses help increase voter participation
* Traditional working-class Democrats hold sway over liberal activists, which could help candidates prepared to talk about practical issues and policy details
* John Edwards could benefit from three years of cultivating ties with organized labor
* Bill Richardson could get a boost, being a Western governor and a Hispanic candidate for president
* Nevada voted for Bill Clinton twice before returning to the Republican fold, which could help Hillary Clinton
* On the Republican side, the state's delegates are up for grabs. It's unclear if the GOP presidential candidates will focus much on the state

#3 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:30 PM

FLORIDA
Analysis: Florida is up for grabs, as the entire world found out in 2000. Winning it could clinch both the Democratic and Republican nominations -- before the end of January.

* Florida has long been key in the general election. Republicans have not won the White House without Florida since 1924.
* Moving its primary up to January means Florida is likely to play a key role in the 2008 primaries as well.
* Florida is home to many migrants and New York retirees, and a recent poll shows two New Yorkers leading their respective fields -- Democrat Hillary Clinton and Republican Rudy Giuliani.
* John McCain is running strongest in the military-oriented Panhandle, and Mitt Romney is doing well in the rapidly growing "I-4 corridor" through the state's center, the poll shows.
* Expect strong competition for the minority vote. In 2004, 21 percent of Democratic primary voters were African-American, like Barack Obama, and 9 percent were Latinos, like Bill Richardson. However Clinton leads in both constituencies.
* Another advantage for Clinton: An electorate that skews older tends to be heavily female. Women were 55 percent of Florida Democratic primary voters in 2004.

#4 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:35 PM

NEW HAMPSHIRE
Sens. Hillary Clinton of New York and Barack Obama of Illinois are tied, with each grabbing the support of 33 percent of likely Democratic primary voters in the Granite State, according to a new CNN/WMUR New Hampshire presidential primary poll conducted by the University of New Hampshire.

#5 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:36 PM

WYOMING
Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney will win the Wyoming Republican caucuses, with 91 percent of precincts reporting, Romney has won eight of Wyoming's 12 delegates.

#6 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:29 PM

Two days before New Hampshire's Democratic primary, Sen. Barack Obama has opened a double-digit lead over Sen. Hillary Clinton in that state, Obama, the first-term senator from Illinois who won last week's Iowa caucuses, led the New York senator and former first lady 39 percent to 29 percent in a poll conducted Saturday and Sunday -- a sharp change from a poll out Saturday that showed the Democratic front-runners tied at 33 percent.

#7 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:39 PM

Sens. Hillary Clinton and John McCain get much-needed boosts from first-in-the-nation primaries
Clinton, coming off a disappointing third-place finish in Iowa, rebounded to first place, overcoming rival Sen. Barack Obama in the state's Democratic primary
Women and older voters helped hand Clinton the Democratic win, according to exit polls
On the Republican side, McCain easily won his party's primary over second-place finisher Mitt Romney
The results are a resurgence for McCain, the Arizona senator whose campaign was all but written off this summer

#8 AVO

AVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:24 PM

McCain is a strong supporter of our two not so friendly neighbors.

#9 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:33 PM

Ahot, you have waaaaaaaaaaay too much time smile.gif

#10 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,290 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:40 PM

Sip jan

Iy Sip JAn

I need your help

#11 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:29 AM

Asa ... enger ... asa ...

#12 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:36 AM

Sip jan, no actually I am too fast!!! If I tellyou that within the day I can go to San Diego, come back and do my posts not counting the ones I did before I left, and during the time when I am in my office I do posts here and there... so I make my time to dedicate it to HyeForum!!!
Sip jan - not to mention that I sleep only 3-4 hours a night!!!

Edited by Ashot, 10 January 2008 - 02:49 AM.

#13 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,290 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (Sip @ Jan 10 2008, 12:29 AM)
Asa ... enger ... asa ...

e vor ... etpes .. es .... asum ... el chem .... asi smile.gif

inch asem smile.gif Roast anelu gorts ka smile.gif

#14 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:57 AM

Mos bariluys, incheq roast anum?

#15 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,290 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:59 AM

inch che iyl um

#16 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:00 AM

aravel yevs!!!

#17 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:00 PM

Armenian Americans set to play pivotal role in primaries

In the wake of the hotly contested Iowa caucus and New Hampshire primary, Armenian Americans are better positioned than ever to play a decisive role in the key states that will help choose the Presidential nominees of the Republican and Democratic parties over the next 30 days, reported the Armenian National Committee of America (ANCA).

In recent weeks, the ANCA has invited each of the candidates to share their views on Armenian Americans issues, and to comment on both the growing relationship between the US and Armenian
governments and the enduring bonds between the American and Armenian peoples. Questionnaires sent to the candidates have invited them to respond to a set of 18 questions, including those addressing: affirmation of the Armenian Genocide, US-Armenia economic, political, and military relations, self-determination for Nagorno Karabakh, the Turkish and Azerbaijani blockades and the genocide in Darfur

"Armenian Americans are set to cast their votes in the presidential primaries in record numbers," said ANCA Eastern Region Executive Director Karine Birazian. "We look forward to working with all the campaigns to make sure that Armenian American voters go to the polls empowered to make informed decisions about the candidates who will best represent our community's views and values."

"In California, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, and throughout the Western part of the country, Armenian American voters are in a position to play a truly decisive role in this year's highly competitive battle between the candidates to secure the nominations of their party," said ANCA Western Region Executive Director Andrew Kzirian.

#18 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:07 PM

Giuliani Speech Delayed by Bomb Threat

Republican Rudy Giuliani's speech on taxes got sidetracked Wednesday after a bomb threat forced organizers to move to another location.

The former New York mayor planned to address a town hall meeting with 200 Harris Corp., employees and Giuliani supporters. The event was scuttled when six of the company's buildings were evacuated. Instead, Giuliani began his speech an hour later in a nearby airport hanger, where campaign workers handed out water to supporters waiting in the sun as bomb sniffing dogs checked reporters' equipment and airport security workers screened attendees.

Some 50 supporters heard the speech and there was no time for questions.

Giuliani is counting on Florida and its Jan. 29 primary after distant finishes in Iowa and New Hampshire. Although he attracted attention last year as the national GOP front-runner, the intense political focus has shifted to rivals Mike Huckabee, winner in Iowa; John McCain, the New Hampshire victor, and Mitt Romney.

Despite the turn of events Wednesday, Giuliani said the tax speech was a success.

#19 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:11 PM

Richardson Drops Out

Updated He made it official today.
Gov. Bill Richardson announced that it’s over for him. He dropped out of the race for the Democratic nomination, after finishing fourth in New Hampshire earlier this week.
And he did it — as usual — with a sense of humor that has often rippled through the Democratic field and lightened the tensions of the feuding front-runners.
“It is with great pride understanding and acceptance that I am ending my campaign for president of the United States,” he said at first. And he added: “You know it’s been an exhilarating and humbling year, an experience I will treasure and never forget.”
Campaigning in the early states, like Iowa and New Hampshire, he said, “tested me in ways that I’ve never been tested. We had 200 debates – actually it was only 24 but it felt like 200 — and there I believe we made our case to the people.”

#20 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:33 PM

Michigan - Jan 15th, 2008

Clinton for democrats

Romney for Republicans

Strangely enough Obamas name didn't even appear as if his name was not on the ballots!

http://www.cnn.com/E...s/state/#val=MI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users