#1 Nor Hayastan

Nor Hayastan

Նոր Հայաստ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Հայերեն Լեզուն և Թեննիս

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:18 PM

Hey everyone, I am gonna go to Armenia this summer for the third time. The last time I went was for two months by Birthright Armenia (www.birthrightarmenia.org), and it was fabulous. This time I am going to go on another internship for 5 weeks.

The reason I made this post was to ask all of you, those who have been to Armenia before, the best places to see that tourists don't usually see. For example, I would love more than anything to see magnificent views of Mt. Ararat not from Cascade, not from Xor Virap, not from Yerevan... but some scenic and remote place, where no one usually visits. I do not know where these places would be, so I am asking for all of your help.

I also would like to go to the city of Meghri. Can you guys give me some suggestions regarding great places to visit OUTSIDE of any tourist guide or whatever (Garni, Geghart, Shushi/Stepanakert, Xor Virap, etc...).

Another thing, I would love to go and be in the audience on shows like "Otar Xagher," "Kapital," and the like... How do I go about that in order to reserve tickets? Is there a number to call, person to see, place to go?

It's these little itty-bitty things that I want to accomplish this time around in Armenia, and since I'm going to be with a group, it's going to be that much better.

So I'm sure you guys have gone/seen places that are not on any tourist's agenda, name those places and if you guys have pictures post so we can all see them smile.gif

#2 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Location:Ranch in Sierra Nevada Mountains, California, Ranch in Nevada
  • Interests:Family, Armenia, Armenians,skiing, crop, too much to list.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

Test

Attached Files

#3 man

man

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

There is a Hiking-Club in Yerevan that makes and organizes regular hiking group trips, I think weekly, you can join their hiking trips to places outside Yerevan, for a fee of course.

Most places were destroyed during...but the ones you mention were kept because of their outstanding tourist attracts and veneration by Armenian citizens as they did not want to offend them too much.

Then again you could forget places and focus on local Armenians and study them specially their hearts --for despite the appearances their hearts are really very good and worthy of knowing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users