• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2001 - 01:37 PM

EMIGRATION MUST BE STOPPED, FAMOUS ARMENIAN LAWYER SAID
31.01.2001 16:57

31.01.2001, MEDIAMAX, YEREVAN. Mass emigration of the Armenian population in fact assists the realization of anti-Armenian slogan "Armenian without Armenians", chairman of the human right commission at the President of Armenia Paruyr Hayrikian stated today in Yerevan.
25% of emigrants leave Armenia for psychological and not social reasons, Hayrikian said. According to him, up to 50 thousand emigrants renounce Armenian citizenship annually. In view of this double-citizenship institute must be fixed in the constitution of the country.
Hayrikian also called on Armenian authorities to pursue emigration-stopping policy. -0--

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2001 - 12:37 AM

i've heard armenia's population decreased from 4.5 millions to 3 millions in 5 years.is that right?

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2001 - 01:53 PM

Actually I think that Armenia's population is around 2 million now but I'm not 100% sure. I don't think Armenia's population ever reached 4.5 million.

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2001 - 11:22 PM

THOSE WISHING TO LEAVE ARMENIA ADDED 1.3 MILLION DOLLARS TO US TREASURY
02.02.2001 18:19

02.02.2001, MEDIAMAX, YEREVAN. "In the period from January 1 to December 31, 2000 the number of Armenian citizens, wishing to leave for US, made up 26046, of which 13948 were refused the entry visa", said today US consul to Armenia Lily Kozher at a press conference in Yerevan.
According to Mrs. Kozher, the reason of the majority of refusals is that each applicant is considered by the consulate as a potential emigrant, basing on 214th Law of the US Constitution.
Recently the US President signed the law, in accord with which foreigners can prolong the expired residence term in the US by paying 1000 US dollars. But the application of this law doesn't extend to all the visa types, Mrs. Kozher said.
US consul also informed that 10850 people have already applied to the consulate in 2001, but only 34 % of them got the entry visa.
"Payments of the Armenian citizens, who applied to the US consulate last year, made up approximately 1.3 million US dollars ", Lily Kozher said. The total sum is forwarded to US Treasury and is used for border protection and for providing the frontier guards equipment. -0--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users