MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (Azat @ Apr 4 2005, 10:04 PM)
Movses jan et Pasadena Pivnoy butkan batsetsir?  Tsarav meranq

Che azat jan smile.gif Oskin 458 bartsatsav smile.gif Tsaxetsy smile.gif - hima el mitqs poxel em - HAykakan Restoran em Batselu

-= Thonir =-

LAva hnchum che ?

#22 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE(Azat @ Mar 21 2003, 08:47 PM)
Movses, did you buy lots of Gold at 400? I hope not.

Azta jan smile.gif guees what smile.gif

Gold is over $800
it ha s not been this high for some 25+ years smile.gif

http://kitco.com/

#23 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 06 November 2007 - 04:07 PM

ya, just think Movses jan, you could have bought gold 30 years ago for 800 dollars and now it would be worth soooooooooooo much money. Oh wait, it would be worth the same. smile.gif I know I am being an ass.

#24 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:06 PM

Google (GOOG):

Aug 16, 2007 - ~ $491
Nov 6, 2007 - ~$741

That's a 50% increase in 3 months! Not bad smile.gif

#25 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE(Sip @ Nov 6 2007, 04:06 PM)
Google (GOOG):

Aug 16, 2007 - ~ $491
Nov 6, 2007 - ~$741

smile.gif good for you smile.gif

#26 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE(Azat @ Nov 6 2007, 02:07 PM)
ya, just think Movses jan, you could have bought gold 30 years ago for 800 dollars and now it would be worth soooooooooooo much money. Oh wait, it would be worth the same. smile.gif I know I am being an ass.

hmmm Azta jan in 30 or 300 years gold will be gold smile.gif Goggal smile.gif or frugell who knows smile.gif

i'm not even talking about Rhodium it's $6500+ i got "stuck" some 10 OZ. in 1998 $350ish per Oz.
my brother lolo lol.gif at me for the whole week, smile.gif but who is having fun now smile.gif

Azat jan in worst case you can use the gold for

#27 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Nov 6 2007, 04:06 PM)
Google (GOOG):

Aug 16, 2007 - ~ $491
Nov 6, 2007 - ~$741

Sip jan GooGle inchqana aper ?? smile.gif Voskin $858 pakvets esor

#28 Balaclava

Balaclava

julik jurnalist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (MosJan @ Jan 2 2008, 05:49 PM)
Sip jan GooGle inchqana aper ?? smile.gif Voskin $858 pakvets esor

Mosjan, karogha uzum es Arattai xatr Googln arnes? wink.gif

#29 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:43 AM

Azat jan ??? es tesel es esor ??

Jan 09, 2008 02:42 NY Time
Bid/Ask 888.30 - 889.10
Low/High 886.10 - 892.10

#30 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 10:43 AM

Sip Azat ?? Vosku Arjeq@ nayel eq esor ??

Gold
Bid/Ask 992.30 - 993.10
Low/High 980.60 - 1000.60

Silver 20.41 +0.40 Platinum 2095.00 +24.00 Palladium 507.00 +4.00 Rhodium 9,210.00

#31 Mindtrap

Mindtrap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:24 PM

It looked like an interesting topic, unfortunately turned into a chat filled with jokes.

Abnyway, what kind of investing are you looking into? Securities only or are you thinking about long term goals and using the market as a temporary parking for your money?

I didnt read the entire thread but i do recall someone saying stay away? Yes there is risk involved with investing but it doesn't have to be risky. Theres risk in driving but your not a risky driver are you? Depending on the period of time you are looking to invest there are many alternatives you may want to look into. If you will need the money in the short term, lets say up to 2 years from know, maybe you should be looking into mutual funds and other index funds. The S&P index does around 12% (average calculated over years). Something more secure would be money market or CD's. Im not a fan of the money market or bonds (especially at todays 10year note paying 3.?? %) Again, lets get the chat going if your interested. Ill be checking in daily to see if your interested and we can move from there.

#32 Aratta-Kingdom

Aratta-Kingdom

www.ArmaniKingdom.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:48 PM

Mindtrap, unless you have an experience, or unless you have a close advisor, you must stay away from the market until the presidential election. You can still make good money nowdays but you need cash and you must really know what you are doing in this risky market. Money market or CD's are not a solution either. FOREX is one of the best and the most risky way to make money nowdays. I would neve recomend anyone to take a risk with that unless you have long experience trady foreign currency.

#33 Mindtrap

Mindtrap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:36 PM

AK, I would have to disagree with your views on the risk factor in the current market conditions. After I typed the above, I was hoping I would come back to a mutual fund based question to which I would say "buy an index fund". I am not a big fan of mutual fund, especially the active ones which make up the majority. They have a whole suitcase full of fees, charges, and commission which they try very hard to hid from the average consumer.

I don't trade, I invest which makes my situation different from the dogma associated with stock investors. If you do your homework, research the company/industry you are interested in, have guidelines as to what you are looking for, this is the PERFECT time to invest. Let me ask you a question, would you buy a watch for $100 from Target or the same watch that is on sale for $60 at Walmart? Assuming you had the money and were in the market for a watch you would purchase the one that costs less. Well similar to my example (as terrible of an example as it may be =D ) the stock market is having a clearance sale and the smart money says buy buy buy.

I understand what your saying and agree with you. For those who are unaware of the market, how it works, and the basics, I say stay away. They are the types of fools that sharks prey on. However, for the smart investor it is always (almost always. 30's 70's 87 was the time to short stocks but thats another chat) a good time to invest. It doesnt matter if the stock market as a whole is moving up or down, because movement and volatility means there is money to be made.

On the FOREX topic, Ive been studying the field for a few months and although Im nowhere near where I wanted to be I am learning. The leverage/margin available is incredible and allows you to make great sums of money with minimal changes in PIP and at the same time you can loose the shirt off your back.

#34 Mindtrap

Mindtrap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:42 PM

I just took a peak at your website, very nice. I hope to finish reading it sometime this week.

#35 Aratta-Kingdom

Aratta-Kingdom

www.ArmaniKingdom.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Mindtrap @ Apr 14 2008, 08:36 PM)
I understand what your saying and agree with you. For those who are unaware of the market, how it works, and the basics, I say stay away. They are the types of fools that sharks prey on. However, for the smart investor it is always (almost always. 30's 70's 87 was the time to short stocks but thats another chat) a good time to invest. It doesnt matter if the stock market as a whole is moving up or down, because movement and volatility means there is money to be made.

On the FOREX topic, Ive been studying the field for a few months and although Im nowhere near where I wanted to be I am learning. The leverage/margin available is incredible and allows you to make great sums of money with minimal changes in PIP and at the same time you can loose the shirt off your back.

Well bro, if you have done your homework, if you know what you are doing:) then good luck to you. Just like I said in my previous post, unless you have an experience or got a close advisor, you should waith until the presidential election is over. -and themarket is more stable.

About Forex- 96% of the people who trade foreign currency lose in the long run. In this kind of a business, one must never second guess the market. That's a golden rule all the wise investors follow.

Enjoy reading ArattaKingdom.com and ArmaniKingdom.com . If you have questions, feel free to ask me or Ashot...

Edited by Aratta-Kingdom, 14 April 2008 - 09:55 PM.

#36 hetanos

hetanos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:06 AM

Hi Mindtrap. What do you think about alternative energy funds if Democrats take the presidency in November? Do you expect them to perform well in 4 year period?
I like index funds in general but sometimes we need to get excited why we are here, on this earth. You don't get that with index, unless some china or brazil etf.

Edited by hetanos, 22 May 2008 - 07:07 AM.

#37 hetanos

hetanos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (Aratta-Kingdom @ Apr 14 2008, 10:54 PM)
Well bro, if you have done your homework, if you know what you are doing:) then good luck to you. Just like I said in my previous post, unless you have an experience or got a close advisor, you should waith until the presidential election is over. -and themarket is more stable.

About Forex- 96% of the people who trade foreign currency lose in the long run. In this kind of a business, one must never second guess the market. That's a golden rule all the wise investors follow.

Enjoy reading ArattaKingdom.com and ArmaniKingdom.com . If you have questions, feel free to ask me or Ashot...

Aratta. Do you trade Euros and Yens in Forex or anything that looks good for the day?

#38 Mindtrap

Mindtrap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:13 PM

Looks like Ive been missing out on the action in this thread!

Democrats and alternative energy...fours years, I see us where we are today give or take. Im not much of a commodity trader, mainly because I dont have the knowledge for it and wouldnt put my money where I wouldnt be able to understand the situation. Anyway, the media has been pushing the ideas of alternative energy sources other than fossil fuels for some time, it seems like the new cool thing! I hear the phrase "dont depend on foreign oil" alot but am yet to see a feasible plan that will take us in that direction. Drill Alaska, we know thats not going to happen anytime soon. Conservatives and Liberals have turned this issue into such a big deal that they have painted themselves into a corner and neither is whiling to give in just yet. G.W. Bush lifted the ban on offshore drilling but until we see anything from that it may take a decade. Solar power is to far into the future for me as well as hydrogen. In order for hydro to be an actual fuel source we need stations, well why on earth would investors put the money into it if there arent enough vehicles using the energy source? Energy is big business just like anything else, it will take time, a long time until we become energy dependent (assuming we ever do). I believe your concern should be on foreign markets such as the BRIC nations and their growth in relation to energy demand.

My advice to anyone who is looking for long term investments is this is the time. Everything is on sale, do your homework, analyze, and hold. The daily fluctuations will be hard to stomach but in the end I have faith in the markets and this wonderful country.

#39 Mindtrap

Mindtrap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (Aratta-Kingdom @ Apr 14 2008, 08:54 PM)

I almost forgot to reply; wait until the presidential elections, its gona be a rough ride until then. Regardless of who wins the election people will still invest even if Barac raises cap gains to 30%, where else can you find so many vehicles for your money to grow?

#40 Mindtrap

Mindtrap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:36 PM

So what Im saying is Im bullish on the energy sector. Look we bought low and rode it up, pulled out when it got 2 hot and down we are. The cycle will be back and will go on the ride again. Nat gas might be a buy at 8$ bottom??? Lets face it, until we discover some new miracle power source, nat gas and oil are our only alternatives.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users