• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#121 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:43 PM

Chalga in Bulgaria, partly Macedonia and Yougoslavia.

Kiochek is turkish but understandable everywhere I guess! smile.gif

Just a small sample:

http://pop-folk-chal...lgariancds.com/

This one is Anti-Chalga:

http://chalgafun.hit...e/chalgafun.htm

This is a Serbian site where you can find.....even Armenian music:

http://www.dingdingd...metnost/Muzika/

Enjoy if you can! smile.gif

#122 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:57 PM

For more detailed info read this:

http://www.travelmag...inter_611.shtml

smile.gif

#123 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 11:22 AM

Zaman, Turkey
Aug 15 2004

Armenians Tune into Tarkan, Arabs Sibel Can

Turkish songs are quite the rage in Halep, Syria's second largest
city.

Savt-ul Suleymaniye/The Sound of Suleymaniye is a unique music store
that has been selling Turkish music in Halep's Armenian Suleymaniye
district since 1976. When compared to the Turkmen districts of Halep,
the streets of Suleymaniye are modern and clean. It is as we were
walking down these streets that we happened up a music store covered
with posters of Turkish singers such as Tarkan, Sibel Can, and Nazan
Oncel.

Turkmen courier Domino guessed that the owner is Turkmen; so it must be
in one of the villages near Kilis. We entered the small store and
were greeted by CDs and cassettes stacked to the ceiling. Whatever
you could possibly want, the store has. Gülden Karaböcek, Zeki Müren,
Emel Sayın, Ümit Besen, Müslüm Gürses, Candan Erçetin, Tarkan, and
Davut Güloğlu to name a few.

Arab singers frequent Savt-ul Suleymaniye. Lebanese singer Iyad Sakar
reportedly asked the store to send a Serdar Ortac album to Beirut two
days ago.

Many Arab singers such as Sakar translate the Turkish songs they like
into Arabic. The Turkmen owner has an order list in front of him. An
Armenian planning to visit his daughter in America ordered 23 Turkish
albums. The owner, who enjoys introducing Turkish music to the
country, said, "I have lots to do, such as packing these after
copying."

#124 gurgen

gurgen

You talking to me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:tennis, chess, football (the real one), games

Posted 20 August 2004 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (ArmenSarg @ Aug 16 2004, 06:22 PM)
An Armenian planning to visit his daughter in America ordered 23 Turkish albums.

Pffffff wallbash.gif

#125 Teutonic Knight

Teutonic Knight

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (gurgen @ Aug 20 2004, 09:44 AM)
Pffffff wallbash.gif

Մեխկ էն, ինչպէս ոչխարներ, որոնք հովիվ չունեն ...

#126 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 21 August 2004 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (gurgen @ Aug 20 2004, 07:44 AM)
Pffffff wallbash.gif

I share your pain.

#127 Hye_Acher

Hye_Acher

~Հայ Աչեր~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 08:33 PM

Կարելի է իմանալ ինչու էնք շարունակում խոսել այս անիմաստ թեմայի մասին? furious.gif

Good Day!!!

#128 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 23 August 2004 - 11:49 PM

Acher, I wish I could have the time to figure out how to type in Armenian, but since I don't... inchu e ays teman animast?

#129 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 24 August 2004 - 12:42 AM

Don't know about acherik, but different people have different taste in music. Must there be a reason for this?

#130 kakachik77

kakachik77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (Angel @ Aug 5 2004, 12:43 PM)
Noric em grum, haytnelov sxals!. kani vor tariner araj, im harcin mi ergich sxal er patasxanel, es gitei te irok rabiz bare galis e "BIS" armatic, baic hetakrkrvelov ev gtnelov mi web site, es kardaci vor Rabiz bare nshanakum e` "RABOTNIKI ISKUSTVA" . neroxamit exek, ete inch vor mi ban, sxal em grel, vorovhetev indz sxal texekutyun en tvel Rabiz bari hamar, baic aynuamenayniv noric asum em vor Rabiz ergichnere ergum en mer arorya kyanki, ev hatkapes mer HAYRENIKI masin, u noric krknum em vor marde chi karox lini, RABIZ. rabiz karox e linel mimiayn ergn ir erajshtutyamb handerdz!!! ergiche vor ergum e inke hamarvuma rabiz ergox, baic vor asum en seva hagel, esim incha arel da chi nshanakum vor inke Rabiz e!!!
husov em haskacak imaste! ev mi avelacum el, ete asum ek vor hay ergichnere irenc ergeri mej avelacnum en turkakan erajshtutyun, isk duk giteik vor naxkan mer ogtagorcele irenc erger, irenk mer shalaxonern en vercel? isk gitek vor adrbejancinere asum en Sayat Novan merna? baic chgiten vor Sayat Novai anune Harutyun Sahakyan e... ev kxndrei chmexadrel....
aysorva drutyamb turk ergchuhin erg e ergum duduki zugakcutyamb, isk da chek asum che? menak asum ek vor hayere ergum en muxam!, kxndrei vor amen inch parzeik Anushik jan heto nor xosenk et temayov!!

RAB-IZ - Rabochoye iskustvo aka working class art

#131 Dave

Dave

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 07:13 PM

I know about this very well... The Armenians of Lebanon and Syria that are 30 years old or more speak Turkish, including my parents here and my relatives there (they try to hide their knowledge of Turkish, but I know)
You might also want to know that Turkish channels are available there. Some of my relatives in Lebanon, especially my grandmother buy turkish CDs and watch turkish shows. There isn't this problem with the younger generations.

If you hear Turkish music in the streets of Bourdj Hammoud, you would know that the driver is Armenian... Some Lebanese and Syrian Armenians probably don't even know what ''rabiz'' is!

#132 ArmenianDrummer

ArmenianDrummer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 08:42 AM

Well as i was readin this at work ..I had to register and speak for my armenian people.. HI EVERYONE IM ROB...im 21 male/ and im a armenian musician..Not just a studio musician ..but a Note reader and i can also right notes..TO being with..TATA is rabiz ..but hes the only rabiz tats allowed in armenia..And someone aid tat his music is weakly arranged (HAHA) ur on crack! Tatas music is one of the mose complex music every written..They have the most note breaks and its completely live...NO drum machinhes no effects...ARAM IS NOT RABIZ..lol ARAM is garbage...he uses turkish lyrics for all his songs so does his son..RABIZ is People like TATOUL VLE HAIKO tats hardcore rabiz..tat the music is soo poor tat they have 1 keyboard and clarinet...THEY have no drummer no guitar no bass ..its the weakest form of music..I have played with many armenian artist.. pretty much u say their name i have played music with them.. TATA and ARMENCHIK are the best armenian musicians. TATS THE BOTTOM LINE

#133 dianjan

dianjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (ArmenianDrummer @ Oct 28 2004, 10:42 AM)
Well as i was readin this at work ..I had to register and speak for my armenian people.. HI EVERYONE IM ROB...im 21 male/ and im a armenian musician..Not just a studio musician ..but a Note reader and i can also right notes..TO being with..TATA is rabiz ..but hes the only rabiz tats allowed in armenia..And someone aid tat his music is weakly arranged (HAHA) ur on crack! Tatas music is one of the mose complex music every written..They have the most note breaks and its completely live...NO drum machinhes no effects...ARAM IS NOT RABIZ..lol ARAM is garbage...he uses turkish lyrics for all his songs so does his son..RABIZ is People like TATOUL VLE HAIKO tats hardcore rabiz..tat the music is soo poor tat they have 1 keyboard and clarinet...THEY have no drummer no guitar no bass ..its the weakest form of music..I have played with many armenian artist.. pretty much u say their name i have played music with them.. TATA and ARMENCHIK are the best armenian musicians. TATS THE BOTTOM LINE

First of all, I want to remind everyone what was said in the beginning of this thread. "Do not dismiss the music, just because of the style". Give it a chance first. I do not like most of Rabiz music, however I really love listening to Tata. I listen to many Armenian singers, and I trully don't care what genre they sing in. I just like their music. I read that many people in this thread think that Aram is not a "singer". I agree that some of his songs are not good. However, one of my favorite songs is "Yes Kez Shat Shat Shat Sirumem". I am not sure if he wrote this song originally or coppied it, however that's my favorite song. I trully can't listen to some of the new music produced by Armenian musicians. Both Rabiz and not Rabiz music. I do believe that new Armenian music has gotten worse in last few years. One of my favorite singers is still Boka, and many singers that my grandmother listened to. Unfortunatelly I do not know their names.

#134 ArmenianDrummer

ArmenianDrummer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (dianjan @ Oct 28 2004, 07:56 PM)
First of all, I want to remind everyone what was said in the beginning of this thread. "Do not dismiss the music, just because of the style". Give it a chance first. I do not like most of Rabiz music, however I really love listening to Tata. I listen to many Armenian singers, and I trully don't care what genre they sing in. I just like their music. I read that many people in this thread think that Aram is not a "singer". I agree that some of his songs are not good. However, one of my favorite songs is "Yes Kez Shat Shat Shat Sirumem". I am not sure if he wrote this song originally or coppied it, however that's my favorite song. I trully can't listen to some of the new music produced by Armenian musicians. Both Rabiz and not Rabiz music. I do believe that new Armenian music has gotten worse in last few years. One of my favorite singers is still Boka, and many singers that my grandmother listened to. Unfortunatelly I do not know their names.

Ur favorite aram song is a turkish translation...

#135 dianjan

dianjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (ArmenianDrummer @ Nov 2 2004, 12:31 PM)

I can't discriminate types of music just because it has Turkish influence. I love that song, and that's not going to change just because of that.

#136 hayemyes

hayemyes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:armenians, armenian music

Posted 03 November 2004 - 06:23 PM

I would like some further information on that. I have studied music too and I play keyboards, and I would like some evidence to support that, because in no ways does it have any Turkish influence (Im talking about the song Yes Kez Shad Shad Shad Sirum Em), especially this song. If we were to talk about Sev Sev Acher or Akh Hayasdan Hayasdan there might be a point, but not in this one. I just don't like to see people put the turkish tag on all of the songs of a singer who has 2-3 turkish song. Take Armen Aloyan for instance, he was, at some point pure rabiz, but he has achieved with his last CD to change that view and become more of a estradayin pop singer, and it doesn't mean that just because he had some rabiz cds his version of Horovel is rabiz.

#137 AlenAlen

AlenAlen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:34 PM

I am also new, I have a few thoughts about this topic but I'll keep it short:
Personally, I like both. I think Jazz is the "rabiz" of America. At first it wasnt accepted, and now it's very much accepted and even respected. You know how Jazz is fun to play and listen to? Well, rabiz is very much the same. You feel good when you listen to it adn play it. The main reason why young people dont listen to classical Armenian is because their friends dont listen to it. And their friends dont listen to it becaause it's not advertised at all. I think the term rabiz was used as more of an insult to those singers that didn't sing classical Armenian songs. I don't consider Tata or Harout to be rabiz... just look at what songs they have performed in teh past: Tata has many classical songs in his old cd, and Harout sings mostly gusanakan songs. And Hayko sings better classical/gusanakan songs than most singers. Rabiz is a hybrid of Jazz and classical in my opinion. If students only learn classical in schools, then how do they play rabiz?? Because they are mostly the same. Rabiz comes from classical songs. As far as Aram, I dont even wanna talk about him, hes just a bad singer, even though he has a few good songs.

#138 AlenAlen

AlenAlen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (ArmenianDrummer @ Oct 28 2004, 07:42 AM)

I agree with the Rob. Tata's live music can't be beat. And Armenchik's arrangements can't be beat. As far as the rest, they're just too primitive. Tata's keyboard player (Prof) is the best player I've seen. The guy can play a completely different song with each hand. And Armenchik's arranger (Armen) has the most unique and best arrangements

#139 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,342 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:40 PM

isn't Armen also Armenchiks keyboard player ?

#140 AlenAlen

AlenAlen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (MosJan @ Jul 27 2005, 02:40 PM)
isn't  Armen  also  Armenchiks keyboard player ?

Tata's is Prof. Armenchik's is Armen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users