• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 armorist1

armorist1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:11 AM

Noemie Nubar is one of ***** Nubar's[Nubar Nubarian] Daughter's ,Noemie was also known as Lady ***** Nubar.Attached File  image0-1.jpg   107.72KB   5 downloads She married Levon Kapamadjian on a Visit to Manchester in 1876, England and Returned to Constantinople , She was on the original board of directors of Association Des Dames Armeniennes Amies Des Ecoles Tebrotzassere ,{ The Armenian Women's Association of Schools Tebrotzassere Friends,}in Constantinople in 1879-1881 . She became Honorary President in 1929 to 1932 of this School in Paris .
In 1892 her husband died in Paris, It is not clear if they were living there in Paris or just on a business trip for the Family Business With Branches in Constantinople , Manchester and possibly Alepo? She did move to Paris and was manager for a Women's welfare group in Paris for several years , She was also an Artist who exhibited in the World Fair in 1900 ,In 1926-7 She constructed a house for Armenian refugees in Vitry sur Seine.{ as in Louise Kiffers Article} She was also the patron of great Armenian artists, one of them is Yervant Kochar. This Residence is still there and is run by the A.G.B.U. for Armenian's If any one has any other info. I would like to hear from you as this is research of my Family .

Attached Files

Edited by armorist1, 29 December 2011 - 07:12 AM.

#2 Louise Kiffer

Louise Kiffer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:52 AM

Noemie Nubar is one of ***** Nubar's[Nubar Nubarian] Daughter's ,Noemie was also known as Lady ***** Nubar.Attached File  image0-1.jpg   107.72KB   5 downloads She married Levon Kapamadjian on a Visit to Manchester in 1876, England and Returned to Constantinople , She was on the original board of directors of Association Des Dames Armeniennes Amies Des Ecoles Tebrotzassere ,{ The Armenian Women's Association of Schools Tebrotzassere Friends,}in Constantinople in 1879-1881 . She became Honorary President in 1929 to 1932 of this School in Paris .
In 1892 her husband died in Paris, It is not clear if they were living there in Paris or just on a business trip for the Family Business With Branches in Constantinople , Manchester and possibly Alepo? She did move to Paris and was manager for a Women's welfare group in Paris for several years , She was also an Artist who exhibited in the World Fair in 1900 ,In 1926-7 She constructed a house for Armenian refugees in Vitry sur Seine.{ as in Louise Kiffers Article} She was also the patron of great Armenian artists, one of them is Yervant Kochar. This Residence is still there and is run by the A.G.B.U. for Armenian's If any one has any other info. I would like to hear from you as this is research of my Family .

- - - - - - - - -
This is very interesting, as I have lived in the house that Noemie Kapamadjan has constructed, not in Vitry-sur-Seine but in
CHOISY LE ROI 1bis rue Rouget de Lisle - F.94600 CHOISY LE ROI - The house has been renovated since then, I don't know if it belongs
still to AGBU (in French UGAB) Among the lodgers, there is a famous artist, who has made the statue of Komitas Vartabed, in Paris,
Place du Canada, where all the Armenians find themselves every year on April 24th. He has also made the statue of William Saroyan in Erevan. In Choisy-le- Roi he has made several statues ("La colombe de la Paix" and may be others that I don't know ) He is called
David Yerevantsi, but that not his name. I'll try to find his name and let you know.
As to Noemie Kapamadjian, I did not find more information than yours.

#3 armorist1

armorist1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

Sorry Louise , I did make a mistake , it is Choisy-le-Roi.
Address: 1 bis rue Rouget de Lisle. 94600

#4 Louise Kiffer

Louise Kiffer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

I suppose she had choosen Choisy-le-Roi, because behind the house there was a very great "garden" with very old trees, and in the
middle of the garden there was a flower bed with roses,and all around there was grass, we used to play there. Our mothers could see us
playing. We did not feel to be in a town.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users