Old Handmade Armenian Car

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2001 - 11:11 PM

Posted Image

Hagop Adakian, 14 year old Armenian refugee in the Near East Relief Industrial School, at Alexandropol, Armenia, is here shown with his recently finished automobile. It is hand made not assembled having made every part himself. It's one cylinder engine, transmission, gears and rope tires are very ingenious. When he had it ready, he poured a cup full of gasoline into the tin can tank, started the motor and attained a speed of 12 miles an hour.

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2001 - 12:22 AM

wow - Merci Pilafjan this was nice to know .

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2001 - 05:34 PM

Wow merci pilafjan thanks a lot. When I saw this topic I thought it was just one of your joke posts and thought it was likely I would find a picture of you in some old banger.

It's interesting, and especially after this post and Taguhi's on Musadagh (I have been to that one before as well) ,I am really inspired by OLD photo's of Armenians in Armenia. Also they way they used to dress in those days! I have been trying to find pictures of this in the 1960's and in the 20's and 30's. And in my grandparents era, of course. I havent found much at all.

I am interested in the National traditional dress of Armenians too, have been for ages, I want to wear a pretty gown of that. Allow Pilafhead saying those cauasian people looked like a Kung film in the thread Artur opened. He was just being extremely silly but it still made me laugh, if you look at it again and think of him saying that.

But seriously I think I found something on that, in a website of an Armenian club in West London. I'll show you soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users