#41 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE(MosJan @ Apr 15 2006, 04:48 AM) View Post
this i s worst thenm FAdis Roast - over 30 days of and only 39 reply's - and most of them are posted by me

We were waiting for the party materials for your roast to be delivered on Domino H4, somehow it got delayed for unseen reasons. We're still waiting for them.

Domino H4-2WD

#42 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:50 AM

Mosjan is not only a hunter but a fisherman as well. laugh.gif

#43 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE(Yervant1 @ Apr 15 2006, 02:37 PM) View Post
We were waiting for the party materials for your roast to be delivered on Domino H4, somehow it got delayed for unseen reasons. We're still waiting for them.

Domino H4-2WD

Reminds me of the myth about Spanish Fly, aka, Cantharides, which is supposed to be an aphrodisiac and a stimulant, but when fed to horses to expedite their forward surge only stimulated their pointing upwards. smile.gif smile.gif

SPANISH FLY - APHRODISIAC?
Many substances have been wrongly reputed to stimulate sexual desire over the centuries, although in most cases the alleged aphrodisiacs have failed to gain any lasting notoriety. Of those that have become legendary the most notorious of all has been "Spanish Fly", an alleged aphrodisiac powder or potion featuring in so many stories and rumours that it deserves special mention.
Spanish Fly is not really a fly at all. It's actually a beetle, commonly known as the blister beetle, Lytta

Edited by Arpa, 15 April 2006 - 01:42 PM.

#44 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:28 AM

OK!
Let’s continue.
We will now roast Johannes. I will type this in Latin so all of us can see.
----
Johannes, Ohannes, Hovan kam Ohan
Im siro Halebtsi harevan,
Ter nor aytselets Yerevan,
Ir sourb girqov@n Ajarian.

Chgitem inchpes hasav Yerevan,
Mite trav kam varets ir “araban”?
Mez chi khosel , chi grel mi ban
Karot enq ir “oragri” nman.

#45 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,242 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:30 AM

Arpa jan inchu es sh@tapum ?? Barekam im Hamperi smile.gif amen inch ir Adat@ uni ir hertov amen inch k@lini smile.gif

#46 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:59 AM

Let us resume and continue. We need a break from all those protocol mrotocols. :P
Did I tell the story when MosJan was moving from MusaLer to Pasadena, he called the movers. They asked a thousand dollars.
A thousand dollars?
Of course, look at all these, seghan- meghan, ator- mator, ankoghin-mankoghin, mahjakal-mahjakal.
Mosjan offers 500 dollars, he says "You move half of it and I will move the other half, you move seghan and I will move meghan..." :D
---
And here are MosJan’s Grandfather and Grandmother, Պապիկ ու Մամիկ
is this a pictures of Mosjan?
Go back a few centuries and see his picture here;
Posted Image
Or here;
Posted Image
http://www.armeniano...nocide_survivor

Features | 12.03.10 | 13:18
The Sea Inside: memories of genocide survivor from Musa Dagh to Musa Ler
NAZIK ARMENAKYAN
ArmeniaNow
Movses and his wife Iskuhi from Musa Dagh.
By Gayane Mkrtchyan
ArmeniaNow reporter
The eyes of the old man are as blue as the sea and as wavering.
“Our village Kebusie was at the seaside (Mediterranean Sea); the color of my eyes is the color of that sea,” says 100-year-old Movses Hameshyan...
“I used to take the goats to pasture, and when I was hungry, I was drinking their milk. And when in the evening I took the animals back home, my grandma said that the goats do not have milk, and I replied that I had drunk it. It was the goat’s milk that helped me live till now.”
Tears are running down his sea blue eyes, but Movses does not notice them (tears) and continues his recollection. His thoughts break, but then he recovers them.
“I am the son of Nektar and Abraham. Those who were close managed to climb Mount Musa. We did not manage, and we ended up in a blockade,” Movses recalls.
Musa Dagh (which became famous thanks to Franz Werfel’s ‘40 Days of Musa Dagh’novel) was one of the few regions populated with Armenians in the Hatay province of modern Turkey, the inhabitants of which did not obey the Turkish government, and its decree issued on July 26, 1915. According to that decree, Armenians were given one week to leave their houses, and to move to the deserts of Syria.
Residents of six villages climbed Mount Musa where they would make a stand for 40 days until French ships rescued them and took them to Greece. Movses is from the village of Kebusie of Mount Musa.
“We did not manage to climb the mountain. Our group was exiled to Deir ez Zor (desert). Those who could not walk, were shot dead. The Turks were killing even pregnant women. Not a single state would do such a thing, but Turks did it, Turks are like fascists,” Movses recalls with bitterness many share but only a few remain who felt the punishment first-hand.
While passing through the deserts of Syria, an Arab who knew Movses’ father paid his captors to turn Movses and his father over to them, after which they were set free.
In July 1919, the Musalertsis (people of Mount Musa) got an opportunity to return home, where they found ruins instead of villages. But 20 years later, on July 23, 1939, the British diplomacy granted the Alexandrete province, including Mount Musa to Turkey. It became impossible for Musalertsis to live in those territories, and they left their villages forever. They settled in Pastit (Syria seaside) and Ayntchar, Lebanon.

“We started constructing our ‘nests’ like birds in Ayntchar. We lived there until 1947, and later we again ended up in the road of migration, and this time to the Soviet Armenia,” he says.
Movses shows vines of his vineyard just taken out of the soil.
“I took them (vines) out myself this year. If I do not, they get damaged. I am serious, they do. While being trimmed, my fingers must touch them, because they recognize me, they are waiting for me,” he says and continues, “We came to this village, we were given this house. I live here till now. We were coming to the homeland by singing ‘Hey jan Stalin.’ What could we do, living in a foreign land?”
Movses lives in Voskehat village (some 20 kilometers from Yerevan). He has six children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren. His wife – 90-year-old Iskuhi is also Musalertsi. She prepares food in the kitchen, and she interferes into our conversation from time to time, when she sees that her husband cannot remember something.
While speaking about the opening of the Armenian-Turkish border, Movses’ blue eyes are wavering.
“Our president is forced to go and make friends with Turks. Those who did not see the massacre, the genocide, they would like the border to be open. But I would never want that. I faced that pain, that cruelty, I saw how people were being slaughtered and thrown into the River Euphrates,” says the old man waving his shaking hands in the air and demanding justice.
A century of troubles pour from Movses’ sea eyes.
“I am an old man, and because of my life experience, I say that we do not need the opening of the border, it won’t bring anything good to us with it,” he says squeezing the last grapes in his palms.
Source URL:\http://www.armeniano...nocide_survivor

Moses, miteh esor "kermir fstan" hagouts es? :P http://www.canineame...e Red Dress.jpg

Edited by Arpa, 12 March 2010 - 07:14 PM.

#47 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,242 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:40 PM

ohh boyyyy

#48 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:37 AM

Since this Forum is fast becoming “DOA/dead on arrival” in coma/mahakoun/մահաքուն , let's see if we can back pedal and revive it, and have some fun. :D

The Pawn Stars.

Which one is MosJan? :P :)

http://www.history.c...hows/pawn-stars

In the Persian “pawn” is “rehin/ رهن"

Which also means “ransom/patand/պատանդ” **that some other people also use.
I do remember when during depressions the women would “pawn” their “busats”/their gold treasure, including their gold teeth, to once again redeem them when business picked up.

Posted Image

Definition of PAWNBROKER-one who lends money on the security of personal property pledged in his keeping —

** We will see what that means.

Edited by Arpa, 15 May 2011 - 10:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users