• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 shiner

shiner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 05:45 PM

The bottom line is it is the rest of the world that needs to join the 21st century, not the modern world going backwards. Those that want to stop progress and impose medival society on the whole civilization should be destroyed.

And I don't care about ideological s**t. It's that simple. The whole world should not go back in time and development after taking so long to get to this 21st century stage.

#42 Nakharar

Nakharar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (shiner @ Nov 20 2004, 12:36 AM)
Are you sure it is not the other way around (the "Islamic civilization" bent on creating a war against the Western one)?

QUOTE (Anonymouse @ Nov 20 2004, 04:30 AM)
Do you also believe that the reason the 'terrorists hate us' is because of our 'freedom and democracy'?

Exactly! The US has only started to pay the price for all the damage and injustice they have caused. 9/11 is a point in case. There is much more to come. Those who have no outlet to express their outrage will resort to such measures. Next time it won't be airplanes that will hit the States.

#43 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 06:52 PM

Shiner do you think Europe is 12th century place too? Your ignorance is striking.

#44 shiner

shiner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 07:26 PM

No Europe is definitely NOT 12th century, and that is why it could be another potential target for the Islamists.

#45 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (shiner @ Nov 20 2004, 07:26 PM)
No Europe is definitely NOT 12th century, and that is why it could be another potential target for the Islamists.

If not directly, then indirectly as even polulation wise, europeans are losing ground very fast. Bill Maher said it best once ... that we are so used to tolerance, that we are starting to tolerate intolerance. "Everyone is different" ... sure. But there are also things that are better. Democracy rather than Dictatorship ... better; Freedom of choice rather than fundamentalist religion ... better; Relying on thought rather than sticking your ass up when praying to God ... Better. (Bill didn't say some of this stuff)

Those europeans better wake up soon and realize all the progress made in the last couple of centuries is SERIOUSLY at risk with this fundamental religious yahoos spreading their message of ignorance and hate.

... "God, please save me from your followers."

Edited by Seapahn, 20 November 2004 - 07:43 PM.

#46 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 07:54 PM

Nice speech Sip. But Muslim terrorists are funded mainly by Saudy Arabia, which sells oil to the U.S. and it U.S.'s BEST FRIEND.

#47 Nakharar

Nakharar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 07:58 PM

Things aren't as simple as they seem. We don't live in a Abush world where there is only black or white. I'm sure that the jihadists are too busy to contemplate the subjugation of Europe. biggrin.gif I don't think that theirs is a backlash against modernity as such, but one against American cultural and economic domination (read: Globalization) for which there is no resistance possible. You should fear the American onslaught more, which permeates everywhere and is all encompassing, unlike the fundamentalist reaction. Afterall who would want to emulate the "lifestyle" of these desert dwellers.
The US is too thick to understand that their unabashed support for Israel and backing up repressive Middle Eastern regimes has only excasberated this adverse reaction. One might compare this situation to the last days of the Roman empire, where previously insignificant "Barbarians" brought about its end. In the end the wrath of the seemingly little peoples will be their final undoing.

Edited by Nakharar, 20 November 2004 - 08:02 PM.

#48 skhara

skhara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (shiner @ Nov 20 2004, 05:45 PM)
The bottom line is it is the rest of the world that needs to join the 21st century, not the modern world going backwards. Those that want to stop progress and impose medival society on the whole civilization should be destroyed.

And I don't care about ideological s**t. It's that simple. The whole world should not go back in time and development after taking so long to get to this 21st century stage.

Personally I don't care how backward and primitive they are as long as they keep it out of civilised nations.

Armen, I am thinking about the discount proposal, but i'm still having a hard time buying it smile.gif.

#49 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (skhara @ Nov 20 2004, 08:55 PM)
Armen, I am thinking about the discount proposal, but i'm still having a hard time buying it smile.gif.

OK Skhara, I will apply a different marketing strategy smile.gif This a an article from Le Mond in Russian.

http://www.inosmi.ru...008/214766.html

The Iranian events are also mentioned.

#50 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Interests:Art, Yoga, Spirituality

Posted 20 November 2004 - 09:10 PM

The real face of war is always the same, that is why starting a war is wrong. This seems like a simple thing, however many people will find bogus reasons to make it look like a complex thing where war turns out to be a good thing, and on top of that also "blessed" by God, if not by God then by a fake ideology such as "promoting democracy in the world", "freeing proletars of the world", etc...

#51 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 20 November 2004 - 09:15 PM

the bottom line is that after everything settles, there will be 60mil (or whatever is left of them) more people in the world who will buy pepsi.

#52 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (shiner @ Nov 19 2004, 11:21 PM)
The only thing that can help those fools get out of that stone age ironically is joining the rest of the developed world and adopting it's ideals. (Not praying to Allah five times a day).

So in your opinion praying to Allah five times a day is wrong. That is the same thing as a Muslim say that your not praying to Allah is wrong and imposing his beliefs on you.

So in that case modern ideals have to be imposed upon them.

One of the great things about this country is that people have religious freedom, now what you are suggesting means that this principle is wrong and some people need to be imposed different beliefs. But how is it different from a forced conversion? Just think about it, from a Muslim's point of view in the middle ages everyone had to be converted to Islam or die. What you are suggesting actually dates back to the 12th century, only instead of Islam you have "modern ideals" (on a secondary note, Islam was back then also a modern stream of ideals)

Edited by Sasun, 20 November 2004 - 09:50 PM.

#53 shiner

shiner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 10:05 PM

But they are not giving us the choice of leaving them alone.

If they are gonna pray to Allah 5 times a day and mind their business that's one thing.

But if they are gonna pray to Allah 5 times a day, and kill me for not doing it, then I say either kill them first and/or take them out of that mentality.

#54 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 20 November 2004 - 10:12 PM

i just don't understand one thing. how do you fight terror with tanks and bombs?

#55 skhara

skhara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Armen @ Nov 20 2004, 09:09 PM)
OK Skhara, I will apply a different marketing strategy  smile.gif  This a an article from Le Mond in Russian.

http://www.inosmi.ru...008/214766.html

The Iranian events are also mentioned.

Although not related to the Iran thing. This piece caught my eye. From what I know Kissinger gave the go-ahead for the Cyprus invasion.

Именно агенты ЦРУ в 1974 году 'помогли' правительству 'черных полковников' (наиболее одиозному за всю историю Греции) начать операцию против Кипра, что привело к жестокой и грабительской оккупации половины острова турецкой армией, и эта оккупация продолжается уже тридцать лет.

On the article itself, I found this article like many articles out there, overly-simplistic. On the Iran piece, it was a presentation of the opinion of whoever wrote it. I'll try to dig up some more info.

#56 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (shiner @ Nov 20 2004, 11:05 PM)
But they are not giving us the choice of leaving them alone.

If they are gonna pray to Allah 5 times a day and mind their business that's one thing.

But if they are gonna pray to Allah 5 times a day, and kill me for not doing it, then I say either kill them first and/or take them out of that mentality.

I really think that's not the case as far as the dominant majority of the Muslim world is concerned. It is only the radical fringe with militant attitudes that may have such ambitions as to convert the "infidel" world. Those are the only ones that need to be dealt with, and attacking the bin Laden and Taliban was a move in the right direction thought it was long overdue, but attacking Iraq was quite off the target.

Edited by Sasun, 20 November 2004 - 11:14 PM.

#57 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (shiner @ Nov 20 2004, 05:45 PM)

God forbid you are ever a dictator. If simply a leader, you will then turn it into a dictatorship, since you do not agree with the free outlet of information and those that disagree with your ways of life or beliefs.

I hope you certainly aren't Armenian, because the Turks once imposed the mentality you have, on Armenians.

#58 shiner

shiner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (Sasun @ Nov 21 2004, 05:13 AM)
I really think that's not the case as far as the dominant majority of the Muslim world is concerned. It is only the radical fringe with militant attitudes that may have such ambitions as to convert the "infidel" world. Those are the only ones that need to be dealt with, and attacking the bin Laden and Taliban was a move in the right direction thought it was long overdue, but attacking Iraq was quite off the target.

Sasun,
You are right I do agree. But it seems that the relatively few are having a huge affect. And somehow they are thriving in that environment. They do have a lot of sympathizers over there.

Edited by shiner, 20 November 2004 - 11:30 PM.

#59 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 12:43 AM

Barev Anon,nice to have your freakin avatar back biggrin.gif

#60 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 12:45 AM

Yeah, welcome back Annamus jan smile.gif I sort of missed your pointless threads though I am not too big of a fan of your avatar tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users