4 replies to this topic

#1 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Location:Ranch in Sierra Nevada Mountains, California, Ranch in Nevada
  • Interests:Family, Armenia, Armenians,skiing, crop, too much to list.

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

It's been years since we've been in Yerevan. When there we would buy apples and go to the zoo, while there we would feed Reinie, a Reindeer who lives at the zoo there. We did this couple times a week for months, he would come running when Geenus called.

If someone lives in Yerevan or visits there could take the time to check on him, we will be grateful. He had a broken horn, not sure if they mend over time. 

Here is a picture of him getting his pet, scratch and apples. Shnoragalenk

Attached Files

#2 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:03 PM

A delightful story. Thank you Onjig.
Somewhere it is said that the Armenian for Reideer is Եղջերու/Yeghjerou. Of course it is a generic term to mean horned/with horn/ yeghjiur/եղջիւր

We see the word here in Tork Angegh,, when he was a shpeherd
English translations will be furnished if need be.
===
Ու շինում նրանցից մի մեծ ցանկապատ.
Անտառի շուրջը պարիսպ էր դառնում.
Մէջը վայրենիք կաշկանդուած մնում.
Եւ նա բռնում էր, բռնոտում այսպէս,
Եղնիկ, եղջերու եւ այլ ինչ ասես:
---
And here in Sasuntsi David. When he was a shpeherd.He would bring back the herd augmented with all the beasts of the woods.
---
Հէ՜յ կովատէր, հէյ գոմշատէր,
Ելէ՛ք, շուտով բացէք դըռներ,
Ով մինն ունէր տասն եմ բերել,
Ով տասն ունէր քըսանն արել:
Շուտով ելէ՜ք, եկէ՜ք, տարէ՜ք,
Ձեր եզն ու կով գոմերն արէք:
---
Somehow I sem to remember that this line ends with
Ով մինն ունէր տասն եմ բերել
----
Եղնիկ, եղջերու, այծիամներ** պէս պէս:

mages of Yeggjerou
https://www.google.com/#q=եղջերու

https://www.google.com/search?q=եղջերու&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=QW7EU5PlO8KHyATOgoDgBA&ved=0CBwQsAQ&biw=1013&bih=432

** http://hyeforum.com/...2713&hl=aytsyam

Edited by Arpa, 14 July 2014 - 07:03 PM.

#3 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:04 AM

Dear Arpa, When you deliver your usual trivia, both uncalled for and completely of subject, it is not always boring and/or {in you own words} inane. While your intention may be condescension and ridicule it is not always ridicules, many who are hard pressed for attention let loose knowledge and information they themselves do not know.

Having said that dear Arpa, I also find in my dictionary that same word for Reindeer. I also have since childhood looked up to Sasuntsi David.

Father told stories of our David that had my eyes the size of saucers.

So, dear Arpa,  thank you, except for your lean toward what many perceive as less than polite intent or in spite of that, I found some interest.

Had it not been for these jewels above, I would call upon the words of that great sage uncle Mike Adalian: " Go Straight to Hell!"

I'll tell you about him one day, you would have loved him, anyone with more than the soul of a worm would.

Good day dear Arpa, until next we meet. 

Onjig

#4 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:25 PM

Dear Arpa, When you deliver your usual trivia, both uncalled for and completely of subject, it is not always boring and

Onjig

You are so rude! How did you conclude that I was ridiculing, when above I said " A delightful Story. Thank you Onjig".
This will be my last address to you and your posts. Let others respond. BTW. How many beside me have responded to your posts? Not only your Armenian seems to be limited, also your English!
I had great respect for you and your posts, but now I have lost all respect.

Edited by Arpa, 15 July 2014 - 12:33 PM.

#5 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

Arpa, Now I feel bad. It seems I've taken a wrong slant on what you've said and how it was meant. I'm glad to hear I had your respect and sorry for its loss. If you can find it in your heart to forgive I will amend my ways and no longer shoot from the hip. Yes, as to my failings in Armenian and English I do the best I can. 

Please forgive me Arpa, I had judged some of your posts to be less than brotherly. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users