#1 Vigil

Vigil

BANNED!!!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 09:57 PM

biggrin.gif

Edited by Vigil, 31 May 2004 - 04:34 AM.

#2 angel4hope

angel4hope

look at me...i can fly!...sploosh!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 24 May 2004 - 10:00 PM

cool i just read that the lol today in our school newspaper- howd u find that>? i know we have actual newspapers at ucirvien but are they on the web now to?

Edited by angel4hope, 24 May 2004 - 10:01 PM.

#3 Vigil

Vigil

BANNED!!!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 10:03 PM

biggrin.gif

Edited by Vigil, 31 May 2004 - 04:35 AM.

#4 angel4hope

angel4hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 24 May 2004 - 10:05 PM

i didnt mean cool as the idea presented in the article is cool- what i meant by cool was that people actually read the New University newspaper- which is mainly known by UCIrvine students- i didn not know that it was this popular- so excuse my misrepresentation of thought

#5 Vigil

Vigil

BANNED!!!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 10:09 PM

biggrin.gif

#6 angel4hope

angel4hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 10:12 PM

i completely agree- its horrific to be thought of as in the same category as arabs, jews, ... etc. i think it to be ridiculous to categorize (racially/ethnically/ideologically) armenians arabs jews... etc together jsut becasue they/we live in the same region- its degrading-

#7 angel4hope

angel4hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 10:13 PM

btw- whose the third year poli sci student?

#8 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 10:24 PM

The guy(author) is an Arab. Take it as a compliment. cool.gif

#9 Vigil

Vigil

BANNED!!!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 10:24 PM

biggrin.gif

#10 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 12:04 AM

"One of the peoples that constitute Armenians" would have made much sense. It's altogether possible. That Armenians are Semites, of course, is not, but I don't think he means that precisely anyway. You look at old photos of Armenians from the north, and they're different from those of the south, east vs. west, etc. And who is there along the southern borders? Arabs. Kurds (though in this case you had Armenians assimilated INTO the Kurdish communities)... I'm sure there must have been plenty of interchange and eloping a coupla thousand years ago along those borders before the peoples of Syria were Arabised, forcibly, too.

#11 Teutonic Knight

Teutonic Knight

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 05:16 PM

Armenians are European. No matter where they live.
If an "Armenian" doe snot consider himself/herself an Armenian than they are not Armenian and never were one.

The scum who wrote that piece of garbage needs to be shot dead.

#12 angel4hope

angel4hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 09:44 PM

down boy-- lol--

#13 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (angel4hope @ May 24 2004, 11:12 PM)
i completely agree- its horrific to be thought of as in the same category as arabs, jews, ... etc. i think it to be ridiculous to categorize (racially/ethnically/ideologically) armenians arabs jews... etc together jsut becasue they/we live in the same region- its degrading-

Why are you guys so concerned about how you're labelled? If it's false - it's false. Great. Why worry?

Would it be so 'degrading' if Armenians were put in the same category as the British? Or the Swedes? Or maybe East Indians would be more acceptable and less 'degrading' ?? C'mon folks - these ideas of racial/ethnic superiority are better left in the trash cans of the past century.

#14 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 25 May 2004 - 10:39 PM

With another thought I want to add is

How ironic, do you actually believe others give a damn (like our other problems and short comings are accomplished) of who we are? And the very last thing we as Armenians need to worry about is being Semitic or decedents of Incas?

People, we have far more serious and immediate problems to solve, when luxury of time permits then MAYBE we can worry what or how they associate as. If one thing there to say is, who gives a damn about it anyways what or few illiterate says or thinks (most of those cant even point out where Armenia is on the map anyways) you worry about your own (collective) survival first, and let the moron educate himself.

#15 Vigil

Vigil

BANNED!!!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:59 AM

biggrin.gif

#16 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 26 May 2004 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (Edward @ May 25 2004, 08:39 PM)
If one thing there to say is, who gives a damn about it anyways what or few illiterate says or thinks (most of those cant even point out where Armenia is on the map anyways) you worry about your own (collective) survival first, and let the moron educate himself.

even if he is completely correct. what the freaking difference does it make for ANYONE? ... exect for those who make profit by representing armenians as some certain "things".

#17 Vigil

Vigil

BANNED!!!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 01:11 AM

biggrin.gif

#18 angel4hope

angel4hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 02:08 AM

okie we go from discussing categories and names/labels of culture to hand jobs? u will only see that a hyeforum rite?

#19 Vigil

Vigil

BANNED!!!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:52 AM

biggrin.gif

#20 axel

axel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (Vigil @ May 27 2004, 03:52 AM )
The paradox of the situation is that we escaped the Turkish scimitar 90 years ago only to face extinction today by our own hands.

Well we have fought for centuries in defence of our Christian Faith only to apostatize it today that we are no longer being oppressed. Aren't you one of those very apostates? You might rant at "modernity" all you want, judging from your ideology whose premises are naturalistic/materialistic, you unconsciously bear its rotten fruit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users