#21 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 03:54 PM

Thank you very much vava. biggrin.gif

And thanks to everyone for your responses.

However, there is another way to look at it: God does not belong to this universe like anything else. Instead, there are two categories - a Creator/God that is outside of the universe, and a creation which is the universe and everything residing in it. Does this make sense?

I completely agree with you Sasun. As Arpa mentioned as well, the familiar concept of God is a private and variable one, and really depends on one's perception of their existence. What man prays to and relates with is a primitive intuition that remindes the individual of the oneness of life, and of this Universe, for that matter. It is this very personal God that humanity regards as the Greater power; the one above. The God in the Sky and the Creator God (whose probable existence or involvement with this certain realm is of obvious uncertainty and inaccessibility) are polar opposites: One is our creation and one is possibley responsible for Creation.

A mad scientist who is emulating some of the universes in our multiverse in a quantum computer.

Quebecer, is Physics your education? I have read some of your previous posts and have found them quite fascinating. Could you please summerize your stance point and elaborate on the idea of multiverses. Also, what is this "quantum computer"?
Thanks.

#22 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:16 PM

OH nooooooooooooo ... not the multiverse ... not the vacuum bubbles ... NO NO NO pleaaaaaaase make it stop smile.gif

Quantum computing is an active area of research which seems to show a LOT of promise and potential but how, when, and in what way any of it will become practical (if at all) is the question.

With traditional transistors forming CMOS, the presence or absence of electric charge indicates the basic 1 and 0 used as the fundamental building block in our computing today. As CMOS shrinks and more and more transistors are packed on a single chip, we are slowly getting to the limit which is basically one atom. You can't make a "material" with less than that. So even now they have insulators and other layers that are like 5 atoms thick on the device so there's not much more you can push these.

With Quantum computing, people are looking at how to use quantum effects of the particles to do the computation. An example is the "quantum dot" where they force an electron into. You can think of it as counting electrons. Also, if you are familiar with quantum mechanics, electrons have either an "up" or "down" spin associated with them so you can also force them to take a certain spin (using magnetic fields).

So what Quebecker is talking about MAY be something that we'll see in a couple of decades or so... who knows.

#23 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 05:17 PM

Thank you Sip. Shat shat hetakrkratsnogh ideaner en.

Edited by Zartonk, 26 October 2005 - 05:18 PM.

#24 Arvestaked

Arvestaked

Aspiring Memetic Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 05:23 PM

Kaghaparner?

#25 Vanetsi

Vanetsi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:23 PM

if " God created God" from an outsider's pt of view, from God's view, God was never created nor destroyed? So how would u explain how God came into existence from God's view?

I can't tell you thexact location, but in the Armenian Apostolic Liturgy there is a prayer proclaiming that God is "the uncreate and the perfect."

Instead, there are two categories - a Creator/God that is outside of the universe, and a creation which is the universe and everything residing in it.

Judeo teachings dictated that God was separate from man's realm (Genesis). So one could see why God's incarnation as the Christ was such a big deal-- a big enough deal to start a religious revolution.

#26 Anahit

Anahit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (Harut @ Oct 26 2005, 08:53 AM)
god did both... man ate the dog...

tongue.gif he he, i made a mistake... i meant "god" not "dog" wink.gif

#27 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 08:19 PM

http://en.wikipedia....antum_computers

smile.gif

#28 armjan

armjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 01:38 AM

interesting replies, i guess if it makes you a better person here, does it really matter if ac or dc?

excellent link on quantum computing, it's really neat to imagine the potential!
just think...
distributed quantum computing

in some ways, its scary to see our world in 200 yrs.

Edited by armjan, 28 October 2005 - 01:42 AM.

#29 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:20 AM

That's how someone from 50 years ago might say about now. We are a bunch of people conversing without actually meeting face to face or leaving our desks.

#30 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:34 AM

Yes, it is ming-boggling.

Not only do we embark on communication without ever being in the same circumference of one another, but we also accomplish this in the largest mass-mind of information ever known. I think this will someday lead to the next great leap in the evelotion of life and intelligence.

Edited by Zartonk, 28 October 2005 - 11:36 AM.

#31 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE (Sip @ Oct 28 2005, 12:20 PM)
That's how someone from 50 years ago might say about now. We are a bunch of people conversing without actually meeting face to face or leaving our desks.

lol.gif

#32 Eloren

Eloren

Mysterious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, art, games, reading and Armenia

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:06 AM

In my opinion, God is no entity, no super being or anything..

I guess I would say God is a Feeling, more particularly, God is Love. This feeling that can make everyone happy.

With love, you create life.
With love you create good.
With love you create peace.
Too much love is similar to fanatism.
And love is the highest state (also while making love) of pleasure and well being a human can ever reach, these two lovers enlaced together become themselves like a god, creating life.

Isn't all this the definition of what we call God?

But Mankind needs to "personalize" this God, put an image to it. Man created the image of God from himself.

not sure if i made myself clear.. not easy to explain..

#33 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (Eloren @ Nov 2 2005, 10:06 AM)
In my opinion, God is no entity, no super being or anything..

I guess I would say God is a Feeling, more particularly, God is Love. This feeling that can make everyone happy.

With love, you create life.
With love you create good.
With love you create peace.
Too much love is similar to fanatism.
And love is the highest state (also while making love) of pleasure and well being a human can ever reach, these two lovers enlaced together become themselves like a god, creating life.

Isn't all this the definition of what we call God?
But Mankind needs to "personalize" this God, put an image to it. Man created the image of God from himself.

not sure if i made myself clear.. not easy to explain..

Welcome hyeforum!Hope you stick around longer then two three posts which happens a lot.
I do disagree on the love=God. It is a common new age perspective and lot of eastern traditions do soppurt that view as well however I believe "God" is beyond intelect,emotions.Few truely pass those things to see beyond.I have Zen in my mind...

#34 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:40 PM

God-o-dynamics

This is the GEM of the month! God-o-dynamics is like dynamic awaiting of Godo! biggrin.gif

#35 flyhye

flyhye

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:30 AM

We don't know how God came to be.

Walk outside look at the sky, look at the trees, look at the animals.
Look at yourself in the mirror. get closer and look into your own eyes.
You work, study, play, eat, feel, taste, love, laugh, cough, cry, etc All those and no batteries needed. :-) Endless memory, dreams, thoughts.
Amazing.
Do you think that's chance?
Prominent scientists, after years of study favoring evolution, come to believe that life is to complex to have formed by chance.

#36 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (flyhye @ Dec 8 2005, 05:30 PM)
Walk outside look at the sky, look at the trees, look at the animals.
Look at yourself in the mirror. get closer and look into your own eyes.
You work, study, play, eat, feel, taste, love, laugh, cough, cry, etc All those and no batteries needed. :-) Endless memory, dreams, thoughts.
Amazing.
Do you think that's chance?
Prominent scientists, after years of study favoring evolution, come to believe that life is to complex to have formed by chance.

Well Said.

#37 flyhye

flyhye

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (sSebB @ Dec 8 2005, 03:40 AM)
Well Said.

nice Supra smile.gif

#38 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE (flyhye @ Dec 8 2005, 08:41 PM)
nice Supra smile.gif

Thanks tongue.gif

#39 Anahit

Anahit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:15 AM

I heard this in " The Island"; it made me laugh biggrin.gif

"---What's God?

---Well, u know, when u want something really bad and u close your eyes and u wish for it? God's the guy, that ignores u! "

#40 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 01:16 PM

+++

Edited by Anahid Takouhi, 10 December 2005 - 01:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users