#1 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:06 PM

You HAVE to hear this (5 MB mp3)

I never realized before how easy it would be to rap in Western Armenian .... GOR GOR GOR lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaahahhaahahaahah

clap.gif

#2 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Feb 13 2005, 11:06 PM)

I never realized before how easy it would be to rap in Western Armenian .... GOR GOR GOR lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

clap.gif

Where did you find that thing. Yuk!!! huh.gif

#3 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts
  • Interests:always changing

Posted 14 February 2005 - 02:47 AM

ahahahahahaha! - and thank God for cable internet!

#4 armjan

armjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 03:49 AM

oh my god, that's close to the funniest thing i have ever heard

#5 Nané

Nané

Նանե

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 08:19 PM

gave me nightmares mad.gif

#6 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 14 February 2005 - 08:28 PM

biggrin.gif I was able to grasp some of the words, and they were poignantly humorous. Is this a West Coast version of the Rabiz group? Hryatsinera oven? Voskichneren.

#7 dianjan

dianjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 11:05 PM

That's just horrible. I turned it off right away. So stupid. thumbdown.gif

#8 kakachik77

kakachik77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 11:13 PM

ok something about rap in Armenian to me sounds great! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

there was another link recently about that "Hay Tghek" in Eastern Armenian.

#9 lara-chan

lara-chan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:video games, indie/foreign films, roots reggae & metal, mma, driving on angelos crest hwy, yoga, body piercings and tattoos, too many japanese things..

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:21 AM

armenians, no matter where they're from, should not be rapping. it NEVER sounds good, and it NEVER looks good either. they're jokers, and if these people think they're serious, they need to look in a mirror and rap.. see if that looks cool.

actually, i take it back. i know someone armenian who can freestyle... but wait, he's americanized! ohhhh maaaan!!

#10 Arvestaked

Arvestaked

Aspiring Memetic Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:12 PM

It's not the fault of the Armenians doing it. Rap never sounds good.

I wouldn't eat bread baked by someone who doesn't know anything about bread, I wouldn't live in a house built by someone who doesn't know how to build a house, and I don't listen to music by people who don't have a clue about music.

#11 lara-chan

lara-chan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:video games, indie/foreign films, roots reggae & metal, mma, driving on angelos crest hwy, yoga, body piercings and tattoos, too many japanese things..

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:57 PM

don't generalize all rap because there are some talented lyricists and producers out there. you may think it's crap, but i'll bet you're basing your opinion on radio/commercial rap.

am i right?

i am a metal fan but i like a lot of underground hiphop.

#12 Arvestaked

Arvestaked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:21 PM

Then let them write books of poetry. Lyrics are incidental. If that is all they have to offer then they shouldn't call it music. And producers are there to make money. A good producer is nice to have to make good music and good musicians come through on an album. That is it. Aside from that they are essentially meaningless and having been a sound engineer I am steadfast regarding my opinion on that.

#13 lara-chan

lara-chan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:39 PM

i'm sorry, but i think you're terribly wrong. that may just be my non-sound engineer side talking, but you're being very, very biased. not all producers are out to make money. the indie ones do it for the beats. not all freestylers sell their souls for record sales. you are completely ignoring the underground, which is a vast majority of hiphop music.

this is a different style of music and although i respect your opinion, i cannot understand your reasoning. it's just absurd. just say that you think it sucks, and that's it. just because you're a sound engineer, doesn't mean your opinion is regarded more. i used to be a musician. does that mean that everyone should like the music i like just because i know something about music?

Edited by lara-chan, 16 February 2005 - 02:54 PM.

#14 armjan

armjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:48 PM

what I found most funny/amusing about the tune were the words. they could have played any other type of instrumentation and i wouldn't payed attention to it b/c the words were the funny part, to me atleast.

#15 Arvestaked

Arvestaked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:58 PM

just say that you think it sucks, and that's it.

That is essentially what I said.

QUOTE (lara-chan @ Feb 16 2005, 12:39 PM)
i'm sorry, but you're terribly wrong. that may just be my non-sound engineer side talking, but you're being very, very biased. not all producers are out to make money. the indie ones do it for the beats. not all freestylers sell their souls for record sales. you are completely ignoring the underground, which is a vast majority of hiphop music.

I am not terribly wrong. Producers are for albums. I don't care if the album is indie or not. Production is not music; it's production. Two things happen with production: making good music more listenable or making bad music more sellable.

this is a different style of music and although i respect your opinion, i cannot understand your reasoning. it's just absurd. just say that you think it sucks, and that's it. just because you're a sound engineer, doesn't mean your opinion is regarded more. i used to be a musician. does that mean that everyone should like the music i like just because i know something about music?

There was no reasoning. I think it sounds like trash. That is it. There is no music in it for me. Some guy gets a drum machine or a sequencer and quantizes some stuff and adds some samples that he runs through effects and that's music. Not to me. That is just the repetitious uncreative set of sounds that happens to be accompanying poetry that may or may not be good.

And, I mentioned being a sound engineer to accentuate my opinion on producers, not on the music.

Edited by Arvestaked, 16 February 2005 - 03:02 PM.

#16 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,124 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Feb 13 2005, 09:06 PM)

clap.gif

BuhjaHamudi Dziyn@ smile.gif

nice joke !!

#17 armjan

armjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 04:11 PM

hi Arvestaked,
I am sure of your good intentions, and I have been wanting to ask you a ? regarding your avtar pic.

so why the upside down cross. the man(son of god) on the cross, was humble, meak, and forgiving spirit who as christians believe, sacrifised himself for the burden of the sin of man/woman, to give us hope and everlasting salvation from the temptations and sins of this world. even if you are not a believer, why depict a good man in such light.
out of all the the world religions/figures, the altered image of, Jesus at his finest, most unselfish, innocent, unconditional loving & most compelling moment of his life. please tell me, why?

#18 Arvestaked

Arvestaked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 04:15 PM

Start another thread in the appropriate section and I will consider respoonding to you.

#19 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (Arvestaked @ Feb 16 2005, 09:58 PM)
Some guy gets a drum machine or a sequencer and quantizes some stuff and adds some samples that he runs through effects and that's music.

On a number of occasions I challenged my friendly opponents with such arguments as yours to produce rap or other electronic music (techno etc.) that DJs would kill to have. So far none of them, even those with their synthesizers and drum kits, have managed to produce anything that sounded even in the slightest bit like what is considered to be 'professional'.

I challenge you. Since it is so easy to make rap according to you, it shouldn't take you more than a few minutes to produce it and post it here in MP3 format. As a former sound engineer this shouldn't even be a challenge. Then let the rest of us judge if it's worth playing on commercial radio, let alone "underground" radio.

Edited by nairi, 16 February 2005 - 04:30 PM.

#20 Arvestaked

Arvestaked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 04:33 PM

That's an expensive challenge. I don't think you realize that. But we'll see what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users