Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 01:24 PM

#562 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 01:36 PM

Just imagine Sip! Imagine how many chicks we can get in our new Islamic outfits for our debut concert! Now all we need is a proper venue, like say, the Hollywood Bowl! Man, we would have chicks going crazier over us than they did toward The Beatles, and this will answer all the naysayers of why women are attracted to Muslim men!

#563 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:55 PM

Hey, maybe we can have a cool band like this one!

#564 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:22 PM

"Do you love me? (Doyou, doyou?)" tongue.gif

#565 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:50 PM

I was singing that in the shower yesterday. It's amazing .. at first I thought man this is by far the dumbest song I have ever heard... but ever since I heard it a few days ago, I've noticed I have been singing it more and more in my head. It's very scary.

Love the part he starts going

Do you love me?
Do you do you?
doooo do dooo dood dodooo do dooooo dooo ... lol.gif

#566 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:01 PM

Dude the music's catchy. Its the 'Anglesh Lerecs.'

#567 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE(Sip @ Jun 19 2007, 03:59 AM) View Post
I really wish we had some younger people here (maybe less than 14 years old).

right on wink.gif

#568 LoveJesus

LoveJesus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:39 AM

REAL QUOTES FROM ISLAM'S KORAN:

http://answeringPROP...amic_Quotes.php

"And KILL them where ever you find them..." Quran 2:191

http://answeringPROP...u_Find_Them.php

Know the real picture of Islam ...
http://answeringPROPHETOFDOOM.net

finally Exposed !!!!

#569 AVO

AVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:52 AM

Did Jesus tell you to write that? I doubt it...

#570 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE(aSoldier @ Jun 23 2007, 09:24 AM)
QUOTE(Sip @ Jun 19 2007, 03:59 AM)
I really wish we had some younger people here (maybe less than 14 years old).

right on wink.gif

Wow I forget why I had said that but it sounds REALLY creepy now. ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

#571 Error 404

Error 404

ERROR 404

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:08 PM

I didn't follow the whole thread but I think the following picture will fit to the topic smile.gif

Turkish women struggle with heavy burdens as they walk to their homes in Sirnak province near the border with Iraq.

http://news.bbc.co.u...res/7087000.stm

P.S. Country like this (Turkey) wants to join EU ????

#572 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:17 PM

It's so sad! sad.gif

#573 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:45 PM

I agree, it's not the kind of joke which we can laugh about. Is the condition of many women in that spot in the world.

This is on the frontier with Iraq, they're probably Kurdish women very far from ressources, no cars even for their husbands who could not afford one.

#574 Ani

Ani

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 11:10 PM

It is sad...
but what makes me sad is that in many Armenian villages women do the hard work, because most men are in Russia working, and they come home only (if they ever do) in winter...

#575 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE(Ani777 @ Nov 10 2007, 12:10 AM)
It is sad...
but what makes me sad is that in many Armenian villages women do the hard work, because most men are in Russia working, and they come home only (if they ever do) in winter...

And if rich people and also higher up government figures lived more humbly rather than really live it up, and donate their richness by dividing their wealth with the real poor and needy, wouldn't it be better all around? So that the vast majority of the population would be able to breath better and not go out of the country if they found a chance?

#576 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 10 November 2007 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE(Anahid Takouhi @ Nov 9 2007, 09:31 PM)
And if rich people and also higher up government figures lived more humbly rather than really live it up, and donate their richness by dividing their wealth with the real poor and needy, wouldn't it be better all around? So that the vast majority of the population would be able to breath better and not go out of the country if they found a chance?

no

#577 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE(Harut @ Nov 10 2007, 01:22 PM)
no

No what Harut? tongue.gif You would just like to negate me, don't you?

Oh Harut jan don't start with me. happy.gif

#578 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 11 November 2007 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE(Harut @ Nov 10 2007, 10:22 AM)
no

I completely agree with Harut on this one. Handing out money to people doesn't solve anything. In the recent the Atlantic it was discussed why the trillions of dollars of aid to Africa has failed and why poverty is still such a problem in that region. A society needs skilled, literate people, people who can take that money and invest into businesses.

#579 Ani

Ani

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE(anoushik @ Nov 11 2007, 01:51 AM)
I completely agree with Harut on this one. Handing out money to people doesn't solve anything. In the recent the Atlantic it was discussed why the trillions of dollars of aid to Africa has failed and why poverty is still such a problem in that region. A society needs skilled, literate people, people who can take that money and invest into businesses.

MMMMMMMM...And why do i keep buying the "Red" products from Gap...sad.gif

Edited by Ani777, 11 November 2007 - 05:10 AM.

#580 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE(anoushik @ Nov 11 2007, 04:51 AM)

I didn't go deep into this and although I have voiced myself on this Forum numerous times as to how it is important for corruption to stop in our Republic and have a feel for the vast majority of the population and yes yes yes of course to open up businesses and see that there are jobs available for everyone to go around and feel useful, self sufficient, accomplished and proud of themselves.

I will elaborate more as to exactly what I meant or I tried to mean when I put out the above post yesterday. About a couple of weeks ago it was put out a thread in here displaying the Very Lavish wedding of the daughter of a nouveau riche man in Armenia by the name of Gagik Tsaroukian. And seeing all that lavishness it dazzled me at first like I'm sure it dazzled most of us in here. Then Ani came along and objected to his display of lavishness when the majority of the population in there are very poor, when sometimes they do or do not have a hot meal, when about more than 14,000 children are going amuck begging for food or going into the thrashes and not being able to go to school because their parents cannot afford them to go to school. At first I'll be honest with myself and everyone in here, in my mind I didn't agree with Ani, thinking that perhaps she is being envious of his richness and abilities. But I gave myself some further thought and I said to myself that Ani is absolutely right. To further mention that Ani has family in there that are probably same as the majority of the population who cannot find jobs in the Republic and have to go to Russia like the one million of Armenian men that have to go elsewhere to be providers for their families.

We are, I admit very fortunate living in here in the US and only talking about these poor people that are our compatriots mind you and are struggline on a day to day basis and thining to themselves how nice it would be for me if I only could get out of here. Now I don't have anyone in Armenia myself; but if I am a deep rooted Armenian soul then shouldn't I think and feel for the two plus million of my poor people and compatriots that are struggling in there every day? I think I should and I am!

Gagik Tsaroukian maybe worked hard to get where he is and maybe he stole on the way until he got where he is; I don't know and I am not going to judge him for that now. However, in a poor country as is Armenia today, instead of displaying all his lavishness and extreme richness; wouldn't it be better to play it down and show more humbleness? and instead to see to it that some very poor souls are fed and also given money to. Shouldn't he create a great deal of jobs for opportunities to his countrymen to feel proud of themselves and not go out of the country to seek for jobs and send money to their families? If I was Gagik today, that's what I'd do. When all around me are extremely poor and struggling tremendously to be self sufficient, I wouldn't buy myself such a gorgeous house and I wouldn't display my extreme wealth to the face of those poor countrymen of mine.

Frankly Ani, now I agree with you one hundred percent. It is indecent for him to do that, and I don't care how much wisdom and savvy he used and even worked hard to get there, when the rest of his countrymen are struggling each and every day.

That goes the same to the wealthy government people, the other wealthy people in there, and hopefully hopefully for the corruption to stop in a newlybuilt country that we wished it for many years to be free and enjoy to have our own country under the sun!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users