Proud of being an Armenian woman

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2000 - 11:06 PM

I just want to say to those guys who criticize us of being an "Armenian woman" (I don't know why but for them this is an insult), whenever we try to keep our Armenian values and traditions!! Well, I am and always will be proud of being an Armenian, and if you don't like it, then you can go to hell!!

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2000 - 11:55 PM

I am a young Armenian man and I say that the Armenian women are simply amazing because thanks to them our culture has survived. While the men used trade the women proudly educated the children and thought them culture and tradition. The truth is that Armenian men actually conserve very little culture compared to the women.
Inch vor e ne... Armenian women all over the world should be as proud as you!

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2000 - 01:48 PM

I' m proud too!!!
I'm proud of being an Armenian girl!!!!

P.S. Hye women are too good for the hye men.
don't you think so?

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2000 - 05:44 PM

Go Hay akhchik!

Thanks to my Armenian mother I have been given a rich culture and language. My mom persisted in speaking Armenian to me even when my American dad would say " he's American, speak English!" Now my dad is happy that I speak Armenian.

Armenian women are very beautiful both on the inside and out. Unfortunately, they often reject me because I am a half breed. I dated a Lipana hay girl for a long time and was very cooly received by her family, though I always spoke Armenian to him. but then again maybe it was because I am Barskahay!

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2000 - 06:46 PM

How can such neauty, grace, violence innocence, purity and pride not make me fall in love? I will, if it's Gods will, get married with an Armenian woman. How can I not?
You're right Armenian men today are not what they used to be... BARAB EN! I'm with you ORIORT. Hye men don't deserve the almost perfect Hye girls.

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2000 - 11:37 AM

I am not really sure who those men are who try to put Armenian women down. But again, they are not men I am sure ... but boys.

Question: If Armenian men do not deserve the Armenian women - please do tell me who does?

Face it, nobody else besided an Armenian man (this goes for half-armenians too will understand you (and know your value) fully. Try reading armenian poetry to an Italian guy or sing "Dle Yaman" and see his reaction. Culture is a big part of an Armenian woman's being - and if you cannot share that culture with the person you share your life with - you can't be happy (this is true at least for me)...

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2000 - 09:47 AM

Gee, thanks guys!! I was really impressed by your replies!!
Actually it was an Armenian man you criticized me of being an "Armenian woman". I'm soooo relieved that there are still Armenian men who appreciate us and know our values.Thanks Raffi Y for your nice compliments

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2000 - 07:40 PM

You know what really gets me mad? When I see the new generation of Armenians, my generation, acting like idiots towards armenian girls. Because of the their hormones pumped up by western society these boys don't care anymore if a girl is Armenian or Odar. The purity of armenian girls has almost disapeared.
Akh! Inchkan tsav ounim!

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2000 - 06:04 AM

Bayts tsav inchi es unenum?
it all depends on the girls, you know.
if the guys act like idiots it doesn't mean that the girls should follow!
a REAL Armenian girl will be a REAL armenian girl wether it's a western society or a village somewhere in the mountains.

#10 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2000 - 08:18 AM

Well I'm telling you I'm hurt to see the boys acting this way towards the girls. I treat every armenian girl I know, mixed or 100% like a princess.

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2000 - 06:12 AM

Armenian Girls are the best! Nothing can be compared with you! Armenian girls suffer from guy's behaviour in Armenia, but they are still very honest and dedicated to their husbands and especially family. I do not know about so-called western Armenians, but Armenian girls are like that, and they are the most traditional! How can't you like these beautiful roses. I know in the most Armenian families, Men are the "bosses" in the house and staff like that, and women just take care of their children, but we still love you more than anybody! You can't be compared to any other nation! Our hearts are only for YOU!

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2000 - 02:54 PM

My heart is gonna melt.....
I wish every single Armenian guy would think like that.

#13 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2000 - 10:10 PM

First of all.. We are all Goddesses!

Secondly.. hormones-shmormones.. if can't control them, then it's a weakness.. Who needs weak men? WHY would I trust an Armenian man again after he cheated on me?? I mean.. not all Armenian men are "mikrobs" like that.. but this guy ruined it for all the armenian men that may present in my life.. If he were wise enough and nationalistic enough as he claimed about Armenians and Armenia, he would think wiser, father than himself, and think that he is representing a whole nation and his whole gender ... after all.. it is our culture we are talking about..

#14 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2000 - 10:22 AM

I think someone should define the concept of "armenian woman" more clearly. I think it'd be interesting to get definitions from both guys and girls.

gs

#15 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2000 - 01:55 PM

For me:
An Armenian Girl is the one that never ever had any boyfriends or any so-called relation with the opposite ***. The one that is very shy and is very loyal to her family and the husband. The one that always listen to her parents and the elder brother(s). Basically, the girl that has been grown up in "good", traditional Armenian family and in Armenian society.

P.S. this is not a dream, this what most of Armenian girls are, i.e. girls in Armenia

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2000 - 02:47 PM

"..Exir hez, banox ez, ev varir qez bazin @nkats sevahox@.."
ha? Artur

#17 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2000 - 08:27 AM

I don't understand what you are trying to say, What kind of armenian is that?
quote:
Originally posted by Asup:
"..Exir hez, banox ez, ev varir qez bazin @nkats sevahox@.."
ha? Artur

#18 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2000 - 02:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Artur:
For me:
An Armenian Girl is the one that never ever had any boyfriends or any so-called relation with the opposite ***. The one that is very shy and is very loyal to her family and the husband. The one that always listen to her parents and the elder brother(s). Basically, the girl that has been grown up in "good", traditional Armenian family and in Armenian society.

P.S. this is not a dream, this what most of Armenian girls are, i.e. girls in Armenia

Artur !!!!!

Who are you fooling? YOURSELF????? Fine. But don't put this mumbo-jumbo here. That is not how most of the girls in Armenia are. Please, come out of your dream world.

Sulami

#19 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2000 - 10:47 PM

Artur.. man, you live in lala-land..
remember when I wrote about the Armenian guy I was dating and that cheated on me ? well.. he cheated on me with an Armenian woman from Armenia... so.. go figure that one.

An Armenian woman, for me, is first a woman, then Armenian.

#20 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2000 - 03:36 AM

First of all, this is just my point of view!
Second, Sulamita, please visit other cities in Armenia, such as Lennakan, Gavar etc. and then talk about dream world.

You judge armenian girls with your standards which are totally immoral and totally anacceptable for me.

So get it straight, this is an opinion of an Armenian guy who lives in Armenia and who knows about Armenia more than you all, thus you ain't have no right to say that I am living in so-called dream world.

And don't start with so-called women rights and free thought and eguality, this is my point of view!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Sulamita:

Artur !!!!!

Who are you fooling? YOURSELF????? Fine. But don't put this mumbo-jumbo here. That is not how most of the girls in Armenia are. Please, come out of your dream world.

Sulami

[This message has been edited by Artur (edited June 04, 2000).]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users