#41 Arturian

Arturian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 12 March 2002 - 01:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sip:
So how about answering the initial question instead of changing the topic once again?

Ok. I do not believe in evolution.

#42 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 12 March 2002 - 01:58 AM

Thank you!

I always respect a clear and definite answer to a well put question.

#43 Guest_Fadi_*

Guest_Fadi_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2002 - 08:06 AM

Artur LOL... You do not believe on evolution ?

To not believing on evolution is to be blind... Because unlike Faith that is a believe, evolution is not a believe but a knowledge... The same kind of knowledge like one can have for mathematic and saying that 1 + 1 = 2, I don't believe it equal 2, but I know it equal two... Evolution is not just a question of believe like one could believe the existance of a god etc... evolution is a knowledge... you not believing it is like someone that would not believe that 1 + 1 could equal 2.

Do you "believe" on the existance of the Homo-erectus, Homo-Sapian Neathertalis etc... etc... etc... are you supposing that all these discoveries in fact are some kind fo conspirations ?

DO you know what I remember when I read people that allege that the evolution never existed ? Darwin exploration, when he found out about big animals(dinosaurs), he said that their destruction was a prove of his theories, because of the fact that natural selection imply that nature select species and when nature do not adventage them, they just desapear...

On the other hand a "religionist" like yourself stand up against Darwin and said to him that the destruction of these big animals proves that there was no natural selection... Do you know what theory he found ? That these animals are so big that Noah was not able to pout them in his arch because they were to big to pass trew the arch doors, so after the deluge they all died(LOL)

#44 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 12 March 2002 - 01:10 PM

You know I never really make a big deal about evolution and such ... I also don't know about the bible too much ...

All I know is that the religeous people claim everything started from Adam and Eve.

Well, simple 1/0 logic tells me at some point a brother and sister must have gotten it on (sorry Arthur, I am afraid to use the word) and made babies. Yet, these days, the church at least looks really negatively on that type of "marriage". So what gives? Is it OK for brother and sister to have childeren? How about son and mother? How about Father and daughter?

How could humanity have started with only 2 people if the above didn't happen? Does the church say that it did happen? How come no one ever talks about this thing? (it's been on my mind for many years but I've never really asked thinking that people would think I am strange ... well, I don't care anymore )

#45 Guest_Fadi_*

Guest_Fadi_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2002 - 02:45 PM

Not only this, there is blood types, 4 different races and different genetic make up's...

Adem and Eve is an impossibility the history come from Bablionian myths from Sumerian legents...

#46 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 12 March 2002 - 03:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Domino:
Not only this, there is blood types, 4 different races and different genetic make up's...

Adem and Eve is an impossibility the history come from Bablionian myths from Sumerian legents...

I don't really want to get involved in religion and theology for it has no end neither a beginning.
The legend of Adam and Eve(I said legend, and if one is over the age of 10, out of Sunday School,kindergarten one will recognize it as such) is found in almost all of ther eastern folklore and mythology. "Adam" simply means "man" in the Aramaic and "Eve", original "hawwa" means "wind/spirit" It is an allegory,not unlike Greek and Roman mythology, man marrying the wind etc.. Let us for moment assume that Adam and Eve had two sons, Cain and Abel. Cain killed Abel, therefore mankind would be a progeny of of a criminal murderer. However when one reads the Book one will see that Adam and Eve anf family were not the only people at the time, see it for yourself, a paste and quote from the Book;
===
Gen.4

1.[1] And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
2.[2] And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
3.[3] And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.
4.[5] But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
5.[6] And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
6.[8] And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his
brother, and slew him.
7.[9] And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?
8.[13] And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.
9.[15] And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the
LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
10.[16] And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
11.[17] And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after
the name of his son, Enoch.
12.[22] And Zillah, she also bare Tubal-cain, an instructer of every artificer in brass and iron: and the sister of Tubal-cain was
Naamah.
13.[24] If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech seventy and sevenfold.
=======

#47 Guest_Fadi_*

Guest_Fadi_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2002 - 04:08 PM

That even more prove the contradiction... because Adam and Eve have been creted in the Geneses, in the starting of the World, there is no indication of the creation of Others, since they have been created during the Geneses it mean that probably at their creation they were alone, because it say since Adam was alone etc... Eve was created after... the references of other people just prove that it has been inspired by other works...

I have read "La Cité de Sumer" If I remember right the book, it show us some example of Bible inspirations on Sumerian myths, and Adam and Eve are an example etc...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users