Mormons???

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Interests:Emilio Pucci, Guy Laroche, Judo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Israeli Krav Maga, Nature, Sports, Coins, Franz Marc

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:24 PM

I was spending the New Year in Utah (I have some relatives of relatives living there) and we went to the downtown area. It was really small and the majority of buildings were for the Mormon religion. It was weird. They had office buildings and meeting halls exclusively for their religion. We went into one of the 'educational' buildings to see what was going on. They had a lot of things that I found sketchy, to say the least, and in the center of the room they had a circular shelf with the Book of Mormon translated into many different languages. Sure enough, I looked to see if Armenian was there and there it was (in Eastern Armenian). There was also a Mormon rep. who was Armenian (I spoke to her but she didn't say anything that I didn't already know). Does anyone else find this weird??? Are they just doing this to try and appeal to more people???

Also...Jesus wasn't blond, was he? every depiction of Jesus was that he was blond and had really white skin (almost like he came from Norway or something) over there. Jesus also seemed fuller (body-wise) than I thought he was and he had big muscles.

#2 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • Interests:Anything and Everything

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:30 PM

Zara jan, off topic about mormons excuse me!
Jesus may be described in anyway we see him, visualise him, or imagine of him! He may appear differently for each one of us, as we only can remember how he looked when we see him, in our dreams or wide awake! Therefore we cannot judge how they describe or picture Jesus and certainly we cannot state that it is a wrong picter! Have you seen him in a dream or awake?

#3 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:34 PM

Ashot, I think Jesus in your dreams and in our dreams looks like Jesus that you've seen in movies and paintings.

#4 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (Zara @ Jan 10 2008, 09:24 PM)
Are they just doing this to try and appeal to more people???

Of course. They want to convert people to Mormonism.

#5 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:38 PM

Anoushik jan, they all apear different, in the movies, pictures, you can't say there is only one picture of him and we all know that's what he looks like... everyone can picture him differently after they see him... lets put one person infront of 10 people and ask them to draq the person, each one of them will draw it differently, I am not saying regular people, painters for example!!!

#6 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:48 PM

Yes, but I meant generally we imagine Jesus to be young, bearded, with variations of medium brown hair, in robes, with sandals... also, in our dreams we only know that it's a specific person but we can't see or remember specific facial features. Right?

I actually did dream of Jesus once smile.gif

http://hyeforum.com/...mp;#entry136662

#7 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:02 AM

Anoushik jan, orinak im Mamanela tesel bayts Shek mazerov how can we explain this?

#8 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:16 AM

Yes, I meant to write hair color variations of medium brown to blond.

#9 Aubépine

Aubépine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:22 AM

Wasn't Jesus a carpenter? That means he was most likely to be stocky and muscular instead of a lean, scraggy person.
Plus being of Middle Eastern origin, he would probably look more like your average Palestinian with olive skin than that nordic persona.

Edited by Aubépine, 11 January 2008 - 07:23 AM.

#10 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (Anoushik @ Jan 11 2008, 05:34 AM)
Ashot, I think Jesus in your dreams and in our dreams looks like Jesus that you've seen in movies and paintings.

People depict Jesus in their own image. InEthiopia Jesus and Mary are depicted as black Africans. In Korea they look like Koreans, the reason why it was depicted to look like this
Max Von Sydow- http://www.imdb.com/...play-E21457-310
---
As to morons oops.gif mormons, they are in competition with J’s witnesses as which is the stupider. Any one who believes either of them need their heads examined. I really mean this since I have noticed that people who join cults are psychologically challenged, or at least challenged somehow.
The reason why mormons depict “jesus” the way they do is the same reason as above. Besides mormons claim that after Jesus was crucified he appeared in America. Yeah right! One has to give them credit though. At least their jesus is American unlike you know what. Beside copying the image of Jesus like the European one their nook of morons is a clone of the Old Testament where it opens with such nonsense - even imitating the language of the King’ English- mugamuga begat googoogaga, who begat kukamanga and so on.
Another credit to the morons is their discipline and their work ethic. How many billionaires are/were mormons.
=====
I must tell this eerie story.
After slamming the door in those idiots’ faces a million times, once I invited these two handsome young men in, just as a curiosity to see what they are talking about……
After learning that were Armenians one of the young men said- “My aunt E is Armenian” Huh, his aunt his uncles wife) E? I asked him if her maiden name was O? He didn’t know. I asked him if she had a brother named M? Bingo!! I knew them from way back when. M was my classmate, we knew they were mormons, the reason why M knew the history and geography of Utah to the last grain of sand. I also remember when they came to America/Utah.
Small word?
EERIE!!??

#11 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:03 PM

Arpa jan "mugamuga begat googoogaga, who begat kukamanga" that's was a good lough righ there,
gites inch mitq@s ekav mianqamits, ashxari amena yerkar anun@ - gshti-gshti-gshtambo-nor-surambo-eri-beri-ishterebe-ishtomino-mito-tsiklopeti-tsaripo-peketser@-pekeran-kakakar@-kakaran...

#12 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Interests:Emilio Pucci, Guy Laroche, Judo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Israeli Krav Maga, Nature, Sports, Coins, Franz Marc

Posted 11 January 2008 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Ashot @ Jan 11 2008, 12:03 PM)
gshti-gshti-gshtambo-nor-surambo-eri-beri-ishterebe-ishtomino-mito-tsiklopeti-tsaripo-peketser@-pekeran-kakakar@-kakaran...

laugh.gif It would be funny to have someone with a name like that in a class or something.

#13 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:00 PM

Tell me about it!

#14 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (Aubépine @ Jan 11 2008, 05:22 AM)
Plus being of Middle Eastern origin, he would probably look more like your average Palestinian with olive skin than that nordic persona.

I agree. That's what I was so puzzled about. Why is he blond? I was thinking about it today...I guess it's probably for the people there to feel like they can relate to him or...I guess...feel closer to him. Most people there are blond and white and have 5 or 6 kids (we went to Costco so we saw what the general family looked like).

#15 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Zara @ Jan 10 2008, 11:24 PM)
I was spending the New Year in Utah (I have some relatives of relatives living there) and we went to the downtown area. It was really small and the majority of buildings were for the Mormon religion. It was weird. They had office buildings and meeting halls exclusively for their religion. We went into one of the 'educational' buildings to see what was going on. They had a lot of things that I found sketchy, to say the least, and in the center of the room they had a circular shelf with the Book of Mormon translated into many different languages. Sure enough, I looked to see if Armenian was there and there it was (in Eastern Armenian). There was also a Mormon rep. who was Armenian (I spoke to her but she didn't say anything that I didn't already know). Does anyone else find this weird??? Are they just doing this to try and appeal to more people???

Also...Jesus wasn't blond, was he? every depiction of Jesus was that he was blond and had really white skin (almost like he came from Norway or something) over there. Jesus also seemed fuller (body-wise) than I thought he was and he had big muscles.

First the KORan (capitalization intended), now the Book of Mormon... Its just a matter of time before they translate all of L. Ron Hubbard's works as religious manuscripts.

Leave a people alone, will ya? Leave ALL people's alone. We have too much on our hands to worry about which salvation product is more true.

#16 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (Zara @ Jan 11 2008, 07:03 PM)
I agree. That's what I was so puzzled about. Why is he blond? I was thinking about it today...I guess it's probably for the people there to feel like they can relate to him or...I guess...feel closer to him. Most people there are blond and white and have 5 or 6 kids (we went to Costco so we saw what the general family looked like).

Because an intuitive warning mechanism would be triggered if they find themselves worshiping a dark-complexioned Semite. It would feel wrong. The son of God, the saviour of white Christians couldn't be a darky, could he now?

#17 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (Zartonk @ Jan 12 2008, 02:49 PM)
Because an intuitive warning mechanism would be triggered if they find themselves worshiping a dark-complexioned Semite. It would feel wrong. The son of God, the saviour of white Christians couldn't be a darky, could he now?

I just imagined myself worshiping a black semite or an indian... lol
sorry couldn't resist!!!

#18 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:59 PM

Nicely done without missing a beat...

"Oh almighty Tyron/Avram/Chandra, what is thy command?"

tongue.gif

#19 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:11 PM

Tyrone Jr!!!

#20 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (Zartonk @ Jan 12 2008, 02:44 PM)
First the KORan (capitalization intended), now the Book of Mormon... Its just a matter of time before they translate all of L. Ron Hubbard's works as religious manuscripts.

lol...I think they already have. And the scary part is that everyone knows his "applied religious philosophy" is totally bogus. If you cruise in different parts of the greater Los Angeles area and even in the OC you can spot little Scientology centers every once in a while. I think I saw one in Glendale or Pasadena (not sure which one). Hollywood is the worst though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users