• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#41 alpha

alpha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 10:26 AM

Republic Party of Armenia was founded by late Ashot Navasardian, who served many years in Soviet prisons for his ideology. I had the honor of meeting him a few times in 1991, when he was actively recruiting volunteers to fight in Yeraskhavan. He was a very down to earth and powerful personality type of a person. Current Republican Party has nothing to do with Ashot Navasardian’s ideals of free and democratic Armenia. In fact it is filled with many chameleons who easily change the color of their skin based on who is in power. (Most had the following party affiliations during their lifetime Communist – HHSH – Republican – yet to be determined). The members of Republican Party who were true to the ideals of the party, Albert Bazeyan , Artak Zeynalyan, etc., gave up on cleansing the party from various types of reptilians. They split from it and formed “Hanrapetutyun” Party, which is a staunch opponent of current regime.

#42 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Interests:Art, Yoga, Spirituality

Posted 06 March 2003 - 01:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alpha:
Republic Party of Armenia was founded by late Ashot Navasardian, who served many years in Soviet prisons for his ideology. I had the honor of meeting him a few times in 1991, when he was actively recruiting volunteers to fight in Yeraskhavan. He was a very down to earth and powerful personality type of a person. Current Republican Party has nothing to do with Ashot Navasardian’s ideals of free and democratic Armenia. In fact it is filled with many chameleons who easily change the color of their skin based on who is in power. (Most had the following party affiliations during their lifetime Communist – HHSH – Republican – yet to be determined). The members of Republican Party who were true to the ideals of the party, Albert Bazeyan , Artak Zeynalyan, etc., gave up on cleansing the party from various types of reptilians. They split from it and formed “Hanrapetutyun” Party, which is a staunch opponent of current regime.

The chameleons that you mention are the vast majority of Armenia's politically active people. These are the people who are used to get away with corrupt practices and who presently rig the elections. It doesn't matter who is in power, they will change the color but in essence remain corrupt. There is not much difference between the Kocharian camp, Demirchian camp, Geghamian camp - the same chameleon showing in a different color.
If there are a few honest politicians they are in both camps and do not make a big difference.

#43 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Tennis, Jazz, Modern Art, Red Wine

Posted 10 March 2003 - 06:33 AM

I have sent the appeal referenced below to a number of foreign embassies in Armenia, monetary institutions as well as to representatives of media.

Ladies and Gentlemen:

The second round of the 2003 presidential elections in Armenia has been marred with excessive violations on a mass scale. The current Armenian Government has undermined the Democratic process of the Republic and suppressed the free will of her electorate. The current government, along with its Central Electoral Committee, the state-controlled media and local authorities, has functioned outside the perimeters of the electoral law of the Republic of Armenia. The reported violations in the first round of elections have not been addressed and, in fact, have been repeated on a larger scale. Opposition activists have been detained. Voters have been harassed at the polls. Massive ballot stuffing has been observed. The counting of votes has been falsified.

Some of the initial assessments of the violations associated with the two rounds of elections are recorded in the March 6, 2003 "Statement of Preliminary Findings and Conclusions of the International Election Observation Mission (IEOM) for the 19 February and 5 March presidential Election." This statement is a joint undertaking of the OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) and the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE). Additionally, on March 6, 2003, the U.S. State Department spokesman, Richard Boucher, stated that "Armenia's leadership missed an important opportunity to advance democratization by holding a credible election."

The international community should recognize that the incumbent regime has not earned the mandate of governance of the Republic from her electorate. The sovereignty of the Republic of Armenia is in jeopardy. This situation will lead to further depopulation of Armenia and further economic and political destabilization of the Republic as well as the entire region.

The incumbent regime has ignored the will and the rights of its own people, and therefore cannot be expected to honor the commitments of the Republic to the requirements of the UN, European Council and International Law in general.

The incumbent regime has put into jeopardy the development of democracy and the economic outlook of Armenia. It has cast a shadow on the significant achievements of the Republic of Armenia and its people in Democracy, Human Rights, Accountability and Constitutional Law.

The incumbent regime has betrayed its people and has made a mockery of the democratic process and governance. This incumbent regime must not be allowed to continue its downwards course towards totalitarianism.

Therefore:

· We urge the governments of the Free World to unequivocally express dissatisfaction and disappointment with the conduct of the 2003 presidential elections in the Republic of Armenia and to act accordingly;

· We urge the International Development, Financial Aid and International Monetary institutions to temporarily freeze the funds made available to the Republic of Armenia, contingent to organization of free and fair elections of the upcoming Armenian Parliament and free and fair presidential elections shortly thereafter. There should be no illusions. Those who have retained power by disregarding and violating the free will of their own nation would not use the funds for the development of the country but rather for the consolidation of their power.

· We urge the governments of Free World and all relevant International Organizations to release the frozen funds only when free and fair Parliamentary elections have been conducted in Armenia in May 2003, and only when these elections are followed by new, free and fair Presidential elections shortly thereafter;

· We also urge competent organizations to investigate the validity of allegations that some of the financial aid provided to the Republic of Armenia has been channeled into the presidential campaign of the incumbent president through various accounting manipulations.

The Armenian electorate has expressed its commitment to Democracy and Human Rights through her active participation in the last presidential elections, through her subsequent upholding of the rule of constitutional law, through her manner of expression of protest against the many violations. It is time for the International Community to express its commitment to the future of Armenia and her Freedom and Democracy loving people.

On behalf of the Committee of Free and

Fair Elections in the Republic of Armenia,

March 6-7, 2003

New York, NY

#44 ARR

ARR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 09:17 AM

BOOO BOOO BOO BOO BOOO BOOO!!!!!!

The number one supporter of Demrchian, Aram Sarkisian might be involved in killing of Tigran Naghdalian. Tigran Naghdalian was Public TV chief and outspoken supporter of Kocharian.

Of six arrested suspects, one is Aram Sarkisian brother's godfather. And the most wanted suspect that paid for killing is Aram Sarkisian's cousin.

No wonder loosing 32.5% to 67.5%, these clowns would not shut up, especially Aram Sarkisian. They started talking about democracy after they lost. Being an opposition does not make you pro democracy. But, can help you cover up a killing by claiming any arrests as politically motivated.

[ March 11, 2003, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: ARR ]

#45 564312

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 02:51 PM

Yes u said it ARR - suspects, what makes you think they are the killers.

#46 ARR

ARR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 03:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 564312:
Yes u said it ARR - suspects, what makes you think they are the killers.

The preliminary results of investigation are leading towards that conclusion.

I think we will see a lot more in the coming weeks. Especially when the Aram Sarkisian's cousin is captured and interrogated.

#47 alpha

alpha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 05:01 PM

ARR – you sound like the commentators of public television of Armenia, listening to who makes one think that they are talking about the prosperous Switzerland not poor Armenia. Open your eyes and look at the reality. Armenia is in the path of becoming a pariah state. Closing your eyes at reality and loudly yelling that “everything is great in democratic Armenia” won’t make things better. Current leadership has made fundamental mistakes, which has caused in the past 2-3 years both internal and external dissatisfactions. That’s another topic which I am open to discuss.

Regarding Aram Sargsyan’s involvement in murder of Tigran Naghdalyan; I won’t be revealing a secret if I say that Armenian judiciary is not the most impartial branch of government. In fact it is nothing but a rubber stamp for an executive branch. It’s not the judiciaries fault; it’s the fault of the constitution adopted in ’96 which inadequately distributed checks and balances. A case can be made against anybody in Armenia, and it wouldn’t be surprising that one day with the order of executive branch, judiciary brings a criminal case against other popular politicians. That’s how dictatorships operate, and Kocharyan’s dictatorship is not different from the others. I can not say anything about Naghdalyan’s killing, but I the consequential evidence of October 27 massacre points to Kocharyan and Serje Sarkissian as the main culprits. Lets look what this duo did to help solve the case, pardoned Mushegh and not only released Alik Harutyunyan from prison but gave him the post of Naghdalyan. Shame on them for their actions and shame on us for tolerating them.

#48 sen_Vahan

sen_Vahan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 05:29 PM

alpha,

"Current leadership has made fundamental mistakes, which has caused in the past 2-3 years both internal and external dissatisfactions. That’s another topic which I am open to discuss."

I am not an expert in this , would you please tell me what are those fundamental mistakes?
I think the current leadership does not give up the Artsax issue and did not which is great in my opinion. Or you think they are not the ones who decides/determines the way for Artsax problem to go.

Do you mean the mistakes in economical development of the country?

Thanks,
Vahan

#49 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,403 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 05:56 PM

"Azat
Member # 242

posted March 04, 2003 05:33 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am originally from Yerevan, but today I reside in the second largest Armenian city of the world: Los Angeles.

And I know I am going to sound like a fool, but where is Nerkin Shen?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 2250 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Feb 2001 | IP: Logged ""

LA Haykakana ???
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa et lav er / tes asum en che amen or mi nor ban es sovoreum yes el vor metsatsa Azati pes em linelu

[ March 11, 2003, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: MosJan ]

#50 ARR

ARR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 08:47 PM

Alpha,

Since when Aram Sarkisian is a popular politician in Armenia? After his brother was killed? Or when he sold some chemical machinery to Iran and almost put Armenia on the U.S. embargo list?

All the terrorists of October 27th case are in jail and awaiting their punishment. The reason it is delayed is because, there is a pressure from victim’s relatives to put them on death row, but Armenia has obligation before euro-parliament to abolish death penalty. Kocharian did not want to make unpopular decision before elections. They are most likely to get life terms.

Are you telling me that these terrorists decided to sacrifice their lives and go to jail for life or possibly be put to death to aid Serje or Robert? This is a childish conclusion and a pre election rumor by opposition.

On the other hand, Aram Sarkisian's cousin who is at large, when caught will provide some interesting details as to why he paid to get Tigran Naghdalian killed.

[ March 11, 2003, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: ARR ]

#51 ARR

ARR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 10:13 PM

GOVERNOR DAVIS’S ENDORSEMENT LETTER TO DEMIRCHIAN FORGERY

The Glendale-based Asbarez daily reported that the images of two letters, published by a Yerevan-based Aravot daily March 12, allegedly from California State Governor Gray Davis and US Senator Diane Feinstein, endorsing the candidacy of Stepan Demirchian for the Armenian presidency, turned out to be forgery.

The governor's alleged letter, written in awkward English, is dated February 23, 2003. The letter purported to be from Senator Feinstein is dated February 21, 2003. Asbarez contacted Governor Gray Davis's office for clarification, since it is not customary for US elected officials to endorse candidates in foreign elections.

Governor Davis's press secretary, Steve Maviglio, reviewed the printed image of the letter allegedly written by the governor and categorically referred to it as a "total forgery, a total fabrication." Astonished, Maviglio stated, "No such letter was written; the signature doesn't even look like the governor's. It's a bad forgery; it isn't even our letterhead."

Asked whether the Governor intends to take any action to investigate the source, Maviglio said "most definitely" and revealed that the issue has already been forwarded to legal counsel for review. He added that although it is early to talk about legal action, "it's entirely possible." Senator Feinstein's office has been contacted about the matter, and will be issuing a statement shortly.

http://www.azg.am

#52 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,403 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 10:20 AM

Sen. Feinstein's 'Endorsement' of Demirchian Also Forged
GLENDALE—As we reported yesterday, the Yerevan-based 'Aravot' daily newspaper published in its March 12 issue images of two letters, allegedly from California Governor Gray Davis and US Senator Dianne Feinstein, endorsing the candidacy of Stepan Demirchian for the Armenian presidency.

Today, Senator Feinstein's spokesman, Howard Gantman, spoke to Asbarez and confirmed that the letter purported to be from the Senator is a "complete forgery."

"It's outrageous that somebody would do something like this," Gantman said. "We don't have details yet on to who forged it, [and] why they forged it."

Gantman said the Senator's office is conducting further inquiries into the matter.

As we reported yesterday, Governor Gray Davis's press secretary, Steve Maviglio, having reviewed the printed image of the letter allegedly written by the governor, told Asbarez that it is a "total forgery, [a] total fabrication."

The Governor's office has forwarded the issue to legal counsel for review, and though Maviglio stated that it is early to talk about legal action, he did not rule it out, saying "it's entirely possible."

#53 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,403 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 10:21 AM

kartses te miyayn qocharyan@ che vor kertsiqner e tuyl tvel.

#54 ARR

ARR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 12:11 AM

OPPOSITION LEADER’S BROTHER ARRESTED

Armenian police have arrested Armen Sarkisian, who is the elder brother of a former presidential candidate, former prime minister and leader of the radical opposition Hanrapetutiun party Aram Sarkisian, on charges of ordering the killing last December 28 of Tigran Naghdalian, chairman of Public TV and Radio Council.

According to Armenian prosecutors, the arrest followed after Hovhanes Hovhanesian, one of the men, earlier arrested on charges of being involved in the killing, admitted to receiving orders to kill Naghdalian from Armen Sarkisian. Prosecutors said the confession of Hovhanesian and other related facts were enough to take Armen Sarkisian into custody.

Speaking at a Monday news conference Albert Bazeyan, a senior member of the Hanrapetutiun party, accused the authorities of “illegal” arrest of Armen Sarkisian, claiming that he has nothing to do with plotting and killing Naghdalian
http://www.azg.am/

#55 joseph parikian

joseph parikian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 12:55 AM

If they are able to forge the two letters then what makes you sure that the ballots that the oposition claim they found were not forged ???????.
I think it is time to exept the election results and move on , the region is facing a very dangerous time , it is time for the Armenian people to stay united and stop the divsion and press on .
I hope every one agrees with me .

#56 alpha

alpha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 05:27 PM

Sorry for replying so late.

ARR, Aram Sarkisyan, ex-prime minister, became popular when it joined forces with Stepan Demirchyan to resurrect the defunct “Unity” block. As most politicians Aram has had its mistakes, but his services to Republic of Armenia shouldn’t be belittled. Most analysts agree that Aram’s influence in Yerkrapah has kept Armenia from plunging into Civil War in October of 99. He has been active in consolidating opposition and in many ways financing it. He is not as calm and calculating politician as we are accustomed to, but being in forefronts of popular disenchantment with current regime makes him popular. I understand his frustration with Kocharyan’s regime. I’d be outraged if my brother’s killer received unofficial state support and trial lasted for 3+ years and became nothing but a joke. Wouldn’t you? Why do you think the relatives of the killed in October 27 are being harassed by the state?

The circumstantial evidence and the behavior of authorities point fingers at Kocharyan-Serge Serkissian duo. All suspects with October 27 case were either pardoned with presidential degree or assassinated. One has to be blind not to see any connections. The October 27 was not organized by “5 crazy romantics” as Kocharian’s junta projects, but it was a meticulously organized assassination that gave “Artsax clan” unchecked powers in Yerevan.

There is a popular joke among Yerevanians, “Artsax zavoeval 20% Azerbaijana i 100% Armenii”.

sen_vahan, the “bezpredel” of current authorities and lawlessness after 2000 caused internal dissatisfaction. After the victory of Unity block people had some hope in future, which got killed in October of 99. Assassinations are so common in Armenia nowadays. Even common citizens do not feel safe. A man can get killed in front of everybody in the center of Yerevan and go free. It’s nothing less but anarchy. There is a sense of hopelessness in Yerevan, and that’s what forces people take the streets to express their dissatisfaction. The “goghakanner” that were driven out by Vano Siradeghyan came back and Yerevan became “goghakanneri kaghak”. Most of the fraud during the electoral process was done by these “goghakanner” u “taghayin heghinakutyunner”. These the support base of authorities.

Externally, I think debt for assets deal was a total rip off. This is not the 18th century to do barter trade. There could have been competitive bidding process and as a result the money obtained from the privatizations could’ve been used to pay off debt. That’s how normal countries do, but unfortunately ours is not so normal.

#57 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 05:38 PM

I'd like to complement Alpha's argument and slightly enhance it by claiming that Aram Sarkissyan has become a politician the day Robert Kocharyan has appointed him as his Prime-Minister. I think this addressed a former question.

#58 SAS

SAS

-= Nobility =-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 11:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alpha:
There is a popular joke among Yerevanians, “Artsax zavoeval 20% Azerbaijana i 100% Armenii”.

Alpha,

a Vi povtoryete etot idiotizm i dazhe yego nazivaete ..."shutkoy".

Hima hayeren:

Indz mot steghtsvec ayn tpavorutyun@, te aystegh havaqvel en neo-bolshevikner( MJ & Co), ovqer irenc veracakan gaghaparneri iragortsman hamar(= demokratia yevropakan kam amerikayan haskacutyamb, azat-ankakh @ntrutyunner, mardu iravunqner yev ayln ) vordegrel en bolshevikneri hin lozung@` INCHQAN VAT--AYNQAN LAV. Vat- Hayastani hamar, isk lav...veracakan gaghaparneri:

Paronayq inchi masin eq vi&um? Hayastanum teghi unecan naxagahakan @ntrutyunner yev @ntrvec... Qocharyan@! SA PAST E!!!

Voreve mek@ karogh e apacucel hakarak@, vor Bush@ USA-i naxagah@ chi? Isk te inchqan xaytarak dzevov na dardzav naxagah yes che vor petq e patmem USA-bnaknerid:

Menq unenq uzhegh, kamayin Naxagah` Robert Qocharyan yev VERJ!!!

Stepan Demir&yan@ ir %-@ havaqec ...PAPAYI hishataki KL*** nstats:

Aram Sargsyani miak arzhaniqn ayn e, vor baxt e unecel nuyn KL*** serel, inch vor Vazgen Sargsyan@: El ov ka mejner@?
Vazgen Manukyan@` haverzh "dilxor tghen", vor minchev hima krknum e 15 tari araj asvats himarutyun@` "menq` hayers... HAMASHXARHAYIN azg enq"...yev hetaqrqirn ayn e, vor nuynisk hamozvats e dranum...

Isk demokratia, azatutyun, mardu iravunqner yev ayln shat lav heqiatner en, bayc, ava~gh, amen inch chi vor trvum e miangamic` aystegh yev hima:

Amen inchi hamar petq e V&AREL: Mite hnaravor e 1000 tari chunenal patakanutyun, yev mi 10-15 tarva @ntacqum darnal ...yevropa kam USA?..

Mite, aveli irates dirqoroshum chi BAROYAPES ajakcel Hayastani Naxagahin, qan te dimel "ashxarhi bolor azat karavarutyunnerin" inchpes da arel e hargarzhan MJ-in, um hamar KAREVOR chi, te OV kdarna Naxagah, ayl karevor e... "azat-ardar @ntrutyunneri"... VERACAKAN SKZBUNQ@ yev John M. Ordway-i kartsiq@?

#59 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 11:49 AM

SAS;

Ko voghormeliutian masin yes meknabauntiun anelu karik chem tesnum. Chem karogh aid hartsum kez gerazantsel.

#60 sen_Vahan

sen_Vahan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 12:02 AM

SAS,

I agree with you and I am glad somebody here is positive and optimistic!

I don't understand why the current president should resign as one mentioned here i remember. To protect human rights, etc we can create institutions to work it out but not change the president or the parliament.

alpha,

I am talking to armenians (my relatives, friends, etc) from Armenia and what they say is the opposite to what you posted - it's very safe in the city and don't have to worry to walk outside at night. If you check how many people are assasinated in Washington D.C. every month you will find it enormously higher than that in Armenia. Moreover, it will be even higher than in criminal Moscow. So, lets not exaggerate.
It is right and honest to rise the voice agianst the corruption or criminal in the country but wrong to start with changing the president. How I understand the change now is more problems with Artsax issue and who knows what changes in economy.

As for the well known joke, it is very typical to armenians to put differences among ourselves which constantly devides and subdevides people.

Inch verabervum e "protestnerin" ev dimumnerin depi ayl erkrneri despannerin, da ugaki avelord ban e, inch karik ka varkabekel erkir@, namanavand vor ches gtnvum erkrum: Herviz hesht e khosel@, bayz aregakin petk e motikiz nayel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users