#1 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,702 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 10:59 AM

Armenpress.am

Official welcoming ceremony for King Abdullah II of Jordan held at Armenian Presidential Palace

1004440.jpg 13:16, 11 February, 2020

YEREVAN, FEBRUARY 11, ARMENPRESS. Official welcoming ceremony for King Abdullah II of Jordan was held at the Armenian Presidential Palace on February 11, the Presidential Office told Armenpress.

King Abdullah II arrived in Armenia on a two-day official visit.

The Armenian President and the King of Jordan introduced their official delegations to one another.

The welcoming ceremony will be followed by the meeting between President Sarkissian and King Abdullah II. The leaders of the two countries will also make a statement on the topic of Religion and Tolerance.

In the framework of his visit, the King of Jordan will also meet with Prime Minister Nikol Pashinian, at the Holy See of Etchmiadzin he will be hosted by His Holiness, Catholicos of All Armenians and Supreme Patriarch Garegin II. The King of Jordan will also visit the Tsitsernakaberd, the Armenian Genocide Memorial.

Edited and translated by Aneta Harutyunyan

https://armenpress.a...wqSwLHFh75DWSSI

#2 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,702 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:01 AM

Armenpress.am

Armenian President and King of Jordan discuss cooperation potential at Yerevan meeting

1004449.jpg 13:48, 11 February, 2020

YEREVAN, FEBRUARY 11, ARMENPRESS. President of Armenia Armen Sarkissian and King Abdullah II of Jordan discussed issues relating to the cooperation potential of the two countries in different areas during their meeting in Yerevan.

“We had wonderful discussions with His Majesty today and yesterday. We discussed the cooperation potential of our countries in the fields of tourism, education, science, technologies, security and agriculture”, the Armenian President said following the meeting with the King of Jordan at the Presidential Palace.

President Sarkissian said the visit of the King of Jordan to Armenia is historic. “I think this is a historical visit not only in a sense that His Majesty is visiting Armenia for the first time, but also in a sense that the friendship of the two countries, peoples has a history of hundreds of years, or perhaps, millennia. This is a good opportunity for me to express my gratitude as an Armenian to your people and family because we all remember that 100 years ago your great grandfather has sent a message to the Arab world asking to provide shelter to those Armenians who survived the Genocide. I want to bow my head before your family and your ancestors and also want to thank you on behalf of our people”, the Armenian President said.

King Abdullah II of Jordan arrived in Armenia on a two-day official visit.

https://armenpress.a...NCgbCZFSyenJoYA

• onjig likes this

#3 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,702 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:03 AM

Armenpress.am

Human capital is the main driving force for Armenia’s and Jordan’s development – King Abdullah II

1004452.jpg 14:10, 11 February, 2020

YEREVAN, FEBRUARY 11, ARMENPRESS. Jordan, like Armenia, has made the human capital the main driving force leading to development. The two countries have a lot to gain from the bilateral cooperation, King Abdullah II of Jordan told reporters in Yerevan after the meeting with President of Armenia Armen Sarkissian.

“Yerevan, one of the oldest cities, reminds me my beloved Jordan. Our countries and peoples have their unique place in the contemporary world, remaining adhered to their identity, culture and faith. Jordan, like Armenia, has made its human capital the main driving force leading to development. Our countries have a lot to gain from their cooperation in order to capitalize this very promising potential”, he said.

He said thousands of Jordanians are of Armenian origin. “They bring an honor to our countries and play a vital role in art, education, public service, business and many other fields. They form the base on which our friendship continues developing”, King Abdullah II of Jordan said.

King Abdullah II of Jordan arrived in Armenia on a two-day official visit.

https://armenpress.a...jlttOceVgHJXmpA

• onjig likes this

#4 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,702 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:05 AM

Armenpress.am

Armenian PM, King of Jordan discuss development of economic ties in Yerevan

1004489.jpg 16:16, 11 February, 2020

YEREVAN, FEBRUARY 11, ARMENPRESS. Prime Minister of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan hosted King Abdullah II of Jordan at the government on February 11, the PM’s Office told Armenpress.

King Abdullah II of Jordan arrived in Armenia on an official visit.

Welcoming the guest, the Armenian PM said: “Your Majesty, it’s a great honor for me to have you in our country. This is a historical visit, your first visit to Armenia. We hope to see you in our country again and again.

Our relations with Jordan are very important for us because Middle East in general and your country we see as a direction of strategic partnership. I am very glad that the relations between our countries are being intensified. We already have concrete results and specific directions of mutual interest. And I am also happy that economic delegation came with you, and we are going to sign a concrete document to make even better and even effective our relations.

I am very glad to see you one more time and to have this opportunity. I would like to stress that our people have very positive historical memory about your country because your country and people supported greatly the survivors of the Armenian Genocide, and this fact makes our approach to Jordan and Jordanian people warmer, and it is really very strong ground for our relations, and I hope that on that ground we will be able to create really impressive relations. Thank you very much”.

In his turn King Abdullah II said: “Your Excellency, thank you very much. As you said, I think we are very proud of the history that our peoples share. I have been welcomed so warmly since my arrival to Armenia yesterday, and as you said, I hope that is one of my many many visits. Our special friendship continues for many years and I hope it will continue with warmth. We still have a lot of work to do. I am very optimistic and impressed with your hospitality”.  

At the meeting the sides discussed a number of issues relating to the development of the Armenian-Jordanian economic and humanitarian relations.

PM Pashinyan said currently Armenia’s economy has good development trends and the country has created a favorable economic climate. He said the Armenian government is interested in attracting the Jordanian business and capital as there are good cooperation prospects in different branches of the economy. Pashinyan added that Armenia can become a good platform for Jordanian businessmen to enter into the market of the Eurasian Economic Union with privileged terms.

King Abdullah II said the government of Jordan is also interested in developing the commercial ties with Armenia and cooperating in the fields of tourism, agriculture, IT, etc.

The sides also highlighted the implementation of joint actions to facilitate the visa regime.

The Armenian PM and the King of Jordan exchanged views also on the ongoing developments in South Caucasus and Middle East. They touched upon the negotiation process for the settlement of the Nagorno Karabakh conflict and highlighted the importance of resolving the conflict through negotiations.

King Abdullah II invited Pashinyan to pay an official visit to Jordan.

https://armenpress.a...y4ypBz6LmvltaJE

• onjig likes this

#5 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,702 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:11 AM

Armenpress.am

Yerevan’s Derian restaurant made sure King Abdullah II gets the quintessential Armenian welcome

1004566.jpg 08:51, 12 February, 2020

YEREVAN, FEBRUARY 12, ARMENPRESS. Cuisine is perhaps one of the best ways of reflecting the hospitality and culture of any nation, and Armenia sure boasts one of the finest traditional cooking in the world.

85016699_516260692356539_853772342336159

Derian, a cozy Syrian-Armenian restaurant in downtown Yerevan, had very special patrons on February 10.

President Armen Sarkissian and King Abdullah II of Jordan were dining there on the first day of the historic, first ever visit of His Majesty to Armenia.

ARMENPRESS’s Norayr Shoghikyan talked to the restaurateur Hakob Azelyan, the Syrian-Armenian owner of Derian, to find out how it felt like hosting the royal, and of course what was on the menu.

“We were informed that the President will be hosting a guest at our restaurant, but we didn’t know who that guest would be due to security reasons, it was kept secret,” Azelyan said.

aTAT_2791.jpg

Azelyan and his wife Mirey are running the restaurant together as a family business, and on that special day all members of the family were working.

“We were anxious in the beginning, but King Abdullah II accepted us very easily. President Armen Sarkissian introduced us to the king, he told him that we came from Syria, we shook hands with the king, and when a warm atmosphere settled our anxiousness subsided,” said Mirey.

Asked about the menu, Hakob Azelyan said there was nothing extraordinary. The dinner comprised Armenian and Arabic cuisine.

“We served our entire menu. There was nothing unusual. The menu consisted of veal and chicken barbeque, ghaurma, ishli kofta, manti, Armenian cheeses, strained matsoon, olives, tabbouleh, dolma, hummus and muttabal. We served caramel cake, a fruit assortment and Arabic kanafeh for dessert,” he said.

Mirey Hamalyan said King Abdullah II liked the food very much and thanked the staff for the hospitality and the delicious meals.

The owners of Derian are proud of their high-profile guests, which also include celebrities Elton John and Michael Caine, as well as government officials.

However, as true restaurateurs, they don’t put a difference between their guests when serving them.

Edited and translated by Stepan Kocharyan

https://armenpress.a...MdK3ZGSSlXNND8g

• onjig likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users