#1 danieldecker

danieldecker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:I am a Composer and International Recording Artist

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:05 PM

Greetings friends!

It's been a long time since I checked in but wanted to introduce my new project to you. I have completed a new CD of beloved Armenian songs entitled "Armenian By Choice".Attached File  59098_155747811121335_100000583506485_377955_8014697_n.jpg   63.45KB   0 downloads

As many of you know, I am not Armenian by birth, but have devoted a great deal of time to support Armenia and Armenian causes. This video clip will introduce you to the project. I hope you enjoy it!

You can also read more about the project here. http://www.danieldecker.com

Edited by danieldecker, 01 July 2011 - 05:06 PM.

#2 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:52 PM

Daniel jan Bravo !!!

#3 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:17 AM

That's so great Daniel!!!

#4 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:44 AM

Greetings friends!

It's been a long time since I checked in but wanted to introduce my new project to you. I have completed a new CD of beloved Armenian songs entitled "Armenian By Choice".Attached File  59098_155747811121335_100000583506485_377955_8014697_n.jpg   63.45KB   0 downloads

As many of you know, I am not Armenian by birth, but have devoted a great deal of time to support Armenia and Armenian causes. This video clip will introduce you to the project. I hope you enjoy it!

You can also read more about the project here. http://www.danieldecker.com

Wow Great job!I am very impressed your singing is great and words are clear as well.Kodus to you! Keep it up :)

#5 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:52 AM

Wow Great job!I am very impressed your singing is great and words are clear as well.Kudos to you! Keep it up :)

Kudos indeed Daniel Decker-ian. Some time ago I had commended him about his correct diction and his purely classical Armenian musical style. Let me repeat it :clap: :clap:. I don't know who his language coach is, whoever they are they are teaching him the correct phonetics. Listen where he pronounces "garoun" unlike some of ours, the likes of Paul baghdad-li would prononounce it as QQQARROOON.

Edited by Arpa, 02 July 2011 - 11:31 AM.

#6 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 09:54 AM

Armenian by choice: Daniel Decker’s new song “Araks” slated for
release in October

15:23, 27 May 2016
Siranush Ghazanchyan

“I want to see Armenians on both banks of Araks River,” says American
singer Daniel Decker, who has been a citizen of the Republic of
Armenia since 2015.

The singer is paying his 15th visit to Armenia. “I’m here to support
the Armenian people at this hard moment following the April events,”
the singer told reporters in Yerevan.

“Being an Armenian is a philosophy, a state of mind and has nothing to
do with blood,” said the singer, who has released a CD titled
“Armenian By Choice.”

Daniel Decker and composer Ara Gevorgyan have launched a new project
called “Araks.”

“I want to see Armenians on both banks of River Araks. Perhaps, this
was the main reason for writing the song,” he said.

According to him, “Araks is not half-Armenians, it has always been a
symbolic river for Armenia and the Armenian people.” The song is
slated for release in October.

Armenia-related songs are included in Decker’s repertoire, but are not
meant for the Armenian audience only. The Turkish pressures and
persecutions are powerless against his resolve to tell the truth.

“I’m not interested in any pressures. What I’m interested in is the
truth, and the truth is that there has been an Armenian genocide and
Artsakh is an Armenian land,” Decker said.

To conclude with, he performed a song and dedicated it to Armenian soldiers.

https://urldefense.p...EAmBIr8bcZhs&e=

• MosJan likes this

#7 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:44 AM

Armenian by choice: Daniel Decker to perform an all-Armenian concert in Yerevan on October 10
Daniel-Decker-5-620x300.jpg

sonahakobyan.jpg

Composer and singer Daniel Decker will perform with the Armenian State Orchestra of National Musical Instruments on October 10. The concert to be held at Aram Khachaturian Hall is organized by Mezzo Production.

Daniel Decker – an Armenian by choice – has a special attitude towards the Armenian nation, and has even changed his surname into Deckeryan.

“This is something I have been waiting for a very long time,” Decker told reporters today. “This is my 16thvisit to Armenia, and I hope will be one of many more,” the singer added.

“Over the years I have come to be very connected with the Armenian people. Last year I became a citizen of the Republic of Armenia. So, as I often say, “I’m Armenian not by birth, but I’m Armenian by choice,” Daniel Decker said.

The concert will be the first one to be presented entirely in the Armenian language.

“It’s a gift to the Armenian nation. I want to say that I’m with you, I’m one of you, I support you, and we should be proud to be called Armenian. One of the messages I’d like to convey to Armenians is that although Armenians are spread across the world in the Diaspora, we can still be united as one voice. By uniting our voices we can see that the Genocide is recognized, we can see that Armenia as a nation moves forward,” the musician said.

“I’m confident that the best days for the Armenian nation are not in the past, they are in the future, because we work together for a common cause,” he added.

Daniel Decker said the concert is a product of cooperation, where he will have the chance to perform his most favorite Armenian songs. Daniel Decker and composer Ara Gevorgyan will present their new song “Araks.”

Turkish Armenian singer Sibil, founder of the “The Beautified Project” Andre Simpnyan, singers Nune Yesayan, Hamlet Gevorgyan and Eva Yeganian will be special guests at the concert.

http://www.armradio....-on-october-10/

• MosJan likes this

#8 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:27 AM

Panorama, Armenia
Aug 30 2017

Daniel Decker: “If there is an Azerbaijani black list, I am already honored to appear in it”

American singer and composer Daniel Decker (Deckeryan) is already paying his 17th visit to Armenia. The singer’s latest visit is linked to the 25th anniversary of Artsakh’s independence and liberation of Shushi. Decker unveiled details of his project at a news conference on Wednesday.

“I will present my new project “My Artsakh” in the country on September 3. The concert program features two premieres – “Araks” and “My Artsakh” songs. The author of the lyrics of “Araks” song is me, with its music composed by Ara Gevorgyan. The song is about the river itself. The next song “My Artsakh” is an interview to Artsakh and its great, courageous people. I am looking forward to sharing the stage with my friends – popular singers Hamlet Gevorgyan, Leyla Saribekyan, Anahit Shahbazyan and Eva Yeganyan,” the singer detailed.

To note, the project is implemented under the aegis of the Artsakh Ministry of Culture and Youth Affairs and the Armenian Ministry of Culture.

Commenting on his attitude towards the black list of Azerbaijan which he could appear in as well, Daniel Decker said: “If there is such a black list, I am already honored [to appear in it]. Ever since I wrote Adana, I am sure the list was already prepared for me. And that is OK with me; I would rather stand for the truth.”

The singer also added that he wants to hold concerts in the regions of Armenia as well.

To remind, Daniel Decker gained Armenian citizenship on 23 April 2015.

http://www.panorama....project/1826999

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users