ara baliozian

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts
  • Interests:literature

Posted 07 August 2001 - 06:05 AM

TRAGEDY OR FARCE?
If the Turks are using the Reconciliation Committee to further divide an already divided Armenian Diaspora, they may well be on the right track. But they should also be warned that they may be playing with fire. Because if and when the Armenians begin to suspect their true intent, they may decide to present a united front. I have heard it said that miracles happen when you least expect them and in the most unlikely places – though I don’t believe a word of it.
The Armenian Assembly may decide to go to bed with Turkey but it will at no time even consider shaking hands with the ARF.
An Armenian may compromise, perhaps even forgive and forget the Genocide (which, after all, is only someone else’s crucifixion) but never a personal insult by a fellow Armenian.
There you have it: our history, our Tragedy, our farce.

#2 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Tennis, Jazz, Modern Art, Red Wine

Posted 07 August 2001 - 06:27 AM

MUCH NOISE ABOUT NOTHING

I don’t see how is the so-called Reconciliation Commission going to divide the Diaspora any more than it is already divided. If the discussion of the existing issues by four Armenian individuals not having a State and National mandate is going to threaten the Diaspora, or the “unity” of Diaspora, then the Diaspora itself is a Much Noise About Nothing.

What may be the worst case scenario implied from those discussions? Under a maximum stretch it would be a joint declaration of 10 individuals, however high their respective profiles may be, and a set of recommendations to the two Republics for further formal discussions. If their recommendations are not acceptable, I assume they would not be accepted. At least, we can afford postponing the noise until their recommendations are made public. However, I suspect the issue at hands is not the Commission but the hidden, perhaps, distrust towards the State of Armenia. On such note, there is no reason to trust more the motives of Diaspora, including its most radical wings, than there is a reason to trust the State of Armenia.

No one owns the agenda of the Genocide, and no one is in the position to forbid anybody to engage in whatever relations/discussions with the Turkish side. The opponents may only express their relevant opinion/will when the issue is in a stage of decisions, which cannot be made without open deliberations and which, I suspect, is not going to happen anytime soon.

And thinking of the noise surrounding this initiative, I get only an impression that it is about the ownership of the Agenda of the Genocide.

Finally, what is the suggestion? That there cannot be a Reconciliation between us and the Turks, and "our unborn son has to hate their unborn son" forever?

[ August 07, 2001: Message edited by: MJ ]

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2001 - 07:57 PM

MJ you are living in USA and playing the armenian patriot at the same time are you? Those armenians who deserted their country should shut up and stop giving others advices.

#4 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 08 August 2001 - 03:18 AM

Havik,

Next time you desert your hen-coop, try to cock-a-doodle-doo about an egg, not a dropping.

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2001 - 06:48 AM

MJ what makes you speak so insolently? The money that you are sending to Armenia? Don't be so proud of it I am fairly sure it smells....

#6 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 08 August 2001 - 09:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hovik:
MJ what makes you speak so insolently? The money that you are sending to Armenia? Don't be so proud of it I am fairly sure it smells....

The only thing that smells in here is your stinking you know what.

#7 ara baliozian

ara baliozian

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts
  • Interests:literature

Posted 08 August 2001 - 10:06 AM

i too find
the stench of
havik's chickenshit
unbearable.

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2001 - 10:23 AM

Baliozian how about your own unbearable stench full of anarchist bullshit?
You write a couple of sentences and you call this literature and armenian literature? It should be written in armenian in the first place.

#9 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 01 September 2001 - 06:22 AM

ara baliozian
Member # 271
posted August 10, 2001 12:11 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORE ON THE RECONCILIATION COMMISSION
In our local paper today I read the following definition:
"Committee: A group of the unfit appointed by the unwilling to do the unnecessary."
And speaking of the unfit and the unnecessary:
I also read today in THE ARMENIAN WEEKLY (a Tashnak publication) a scathing, crude and vitriolic exposé (my style) of the Armenian Assembly by an old friend of mine who, alas, is no longer a friend: Dr. Henry Astarjian. If anyone out there knows the good doctor, please ask him to post his article on this forum.

--------------------

ara baliozian

#10 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 01 September 2001 - 06:23 AM

ara baliozian
Member # 271
posted August 22, 2001 09:55 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JUST A GUESS
Armenians and Turks,
Armenians and Armenians:
if the past is an index
their future looks grim.

Armenians and Armenians:
they may not agree on protocol
but they agree on all essential points.

Armenians and Turks:
they may agree on protocol
but they agree on nothing else.

The Reconciliation Commission may grab a few headlines
but it will accomplish nothing but expose our incurable tribalism.
Because, if Armenians cannot settle their peripheral differences among themselves,
the chances they will come to terms with the Turks might as well be nil.

--------------------

ara baliozian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users