Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

#2 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Military song the best companion of Armenian soldier in battlefield Posted Image11:09, 28 January, 2013

YEREVAN, JANUARY 28, ARMENPRESS: Exclusively military - patriotic songs are scheduled to be performed in all military units of the Republic of Armenia in connection with the 21st anniversary of Army day. Artsrun Hovhannisyan, Defense Ministry press secretary stated in the briefing with Armenpress, the Ministry undertakes measures so that each unit to have its own song. According to the interlocutor the combat path of majority units possessing their song pertain to the day date rather old. The hymn of Armenian Army ''My Dream Homeland Armenia'' will be performed in all military units of the Republic during morning and evening roll call. The song is also dedicated to the memory of Vazgen Sargsyan.
''My Dream Homeland Armenia'' in principal is the symbol of the Army
Composer of ''My Dream Homeland Armenia'' Robert Amirkhanyan stated in the briefing with Armenpress, the song rises gorgeous but subtle patriotic feelings.'' Once a soldier appealed to me stating the song helps him to overcome difficulties, to continue to believe'' composer noted. In the words of Amirkhanyan this is a full assessment for his creation: the song encourages a soldier.
Ten songs by Goosan Haykazun are performed in the Army as marches
'' Getashen'', ''Armenians let us unite '', ''Come zoravar'', ''Dance Artsakh people'' and other well knowen military patriotic songs created in different years are authored by Goosan Haykazun . All these songs are particularly popular among the Armenians. Goosan notes, most of the songs he wrote while participating in Artsakh war. According to him he felt there was a need of such songs, they inspired people then. Goosan Haykazun underscores nothing units more powerfully than the song.
Armenian General Staff Military Band participates in most important events held in the Republic
Armenian General Staff Military Band was founded in 1992 November by Armed Forces General Staff military orchestra Division head, chief military conductor Armen Poghosyan.
Currently the Military Band cooperates with a number of military organizations, internal troops, Honor Guard unit, as well as with the people representing pop and classical music.
Song "I have the honor" authored by Colonel Armen Poghosyan is scheduled in the frame of 21 th anniversary gala concert of January 28, 2013. Military Band also participates in various international festivals. It was the winner of an International Military Festival hosted in Sweden in 2010.

#3 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

AZERBAIJAN'S HOSTILITIES AGAINST NAGORNO-KARABAKH MEANS END TO ALIYEV REGIME - ARMENIAN EXPERT.

tert.am

If Azerbaijan decides to resume hostilities against Nagorno-Karabakh
in an attempt to resolve the problem of domestic tension and enable
the Aliyev regime to retain power, that very step will cause the
regime's collapse.

"We are not making unfounded claims when we say that Azerbaijan is not
prepared for war. Even if they resort to hostilities their victory
is not guaranteed. Will it save them or destroy completely? In this
case they need a swift victory. If the Azeri army fails, it will
speed up the regime's collapse," military expert David Jamalyan told
journalists on Monday.

Mr Jamalyan recalled that Azerbaijan committed its last act of sabotage
last June. "Our response was harsh. They were unable to conceal the
real number of victims for a long time, inventing absurd stories,"
the expert said.

#4 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

http://www.armenianow.com/society/features/49948/armenian_military_army_music_sari_aghjik_duduk

Features | 11.11.13 | 10:53

Conscripted Art: Soldiers with artistic skills fill role in army

NAZIK ARMENAKYAN
ArmeniaNow

Gor Melkumyan (left) and Vaghinak Aloyan (right)

By Gohar Abrahamyan
ArmeniaNow reporter

From a cover adjusted in a dark brown business case Gor carefully, takes out his duduk, moistens the reed, holds the mouthpiece tightly with his lips, gives a sign by eye-contact to his partner Vaghinak and starts playing Armenian folk song “Sari Aghjik” (Mountain Girl; the alternate name is “I Fell in Love with a Rose”).
The sun is setting at the military unit 15 kilometers from the Armenian-Azeri border. The lyrics of this symbolic piece that has become another apple of discord over its disputed origin among the neighbor countries sound even more enchanting – “I fell in love with a rose, but she turned into a thorn, left me for someone else… mountain girl… heartless girl…” – reflecting the months’ long missing, love, expectance, sentiments and frustration. “Even when we do not have the instruments with us, there is always music flowing from our lips,” says conscript Gor Melikyan, 21, on his third month of military service at a north-eastern unit, enrolled as a duduk player in the music division. He says everybody needs arts and culture, the army in particular, because of its isolation and seclusion from the rest of the world. Army is a place, he says, where human feelings and knowledge turn dormant for a while, get numb, so the treatment is first of all through art that has to always be in practice. Gor lifts his duduk again and this time plays “Vardan’s Mother’s Grief” a medieval carol. When the last sounds of the song subside, he adds: “What matters most is peace, the rest is manageable”. Gor, a graduate of the conductor’s department at Yerevan State Pedagogical University, masters the entire family of instruments - duduk, pipe, zurna (surnay), clarinet, bagpipe, blul (shepherd's flute), pku. He created and led a girl choir, called Arar, released a CD which had two of his own pieces he collected during his trip to Western Armenia where he went in search of lost folklore. “The army has, naturally, cut me off it all, but I have brought my books and keep reading here as well. I study philosophy, ethnography, Armenian petroglyphs, and although I don’t have much time here to devote to such activities, I try to make good use of every spare second,” says the young musician, adding that after completing his service he is planning to enter the conservatory of Vienna, and then study philosophy at Berlin University. “I have always been ready to serve in the army. Before coming I thought it was better to come after gaining university education, but now that I am here I think it would have been better to come before it, as this way my education is left unfinished,” says the conscript. According to sociologist Aharon Adibekyan, experience shows that when army service interrupts education, those who return from the army have less desire to go on with their studies: perceptions change, age and other factors become hindrances. “When they return from the army and take up higher education things are not so easy, because part of the school knowledge is lost by then, as a rule, and recovering it is rather challenging. The most optimal option is army service after university education, although the shortcoming in that case is that professional skills get partly lost during the years of service. But they usually take up positions in the army that match their profession, for example artists draw periodically, musicians play, so it works out better,” he says, adding that the army has to start thinking of possibly developing professional skills and providing chances for growth. Graphic artist Vahagn Khojoyan, 21, got conscripted after graduating from Yerevan State Academy of Fine Arts, graphic department, and has completed 17 months of his two-year term. Vahag, participant of multiple exhibitions, selects various topics for his works, depicting life fragments, states of mind, while in the pieces made during his army service the military theme prevails, soldier-related things; there isn’t too much time to devote to his profession, though. “In civil life my surroundings are, of course, very different, creative thought gets somehow blocked in the army, it is more about the service, however many interesting things happen and they later inspire drawing ideas, be it life in the army or combat themes,” says the artist, adding that after service he will continue sharpening his professional skills. Arshaluys Chobanyan, deputy commander of this unit in charge of work with the personnel, says there is no lack of artists and musicians at the unit and that they are trying to create favorable conditions to combine the army service with putting in practice their professional skills. “Art is applicable everywhere. For example, the very music platoon, where soldiers who can play various musical instruments come together, is a must for the army, for marching, for parades and assemblies. During the vigil the music platoon is what encourages soldiers: with patriotic music pieces they see off the soldiers,” says Chobanyan, adding that a folk instrument orchestra will be created soon, as well as painting/drawing, sculpture and dance coteries. Head of the music platoon Hrach Hakobyan, 24, has been in the army for three years, having come here after graduating the department for military conductors as Yerevan State Conservatory (YSC). He says there are many talented young men in the platoon, many of whom have higher music education, which makes his work much easier. Musician Hripsime Poghosyan, secretary at the post-graduate department at YSC, says when choosing a profession boys often take into account the army factor. “They come and the first thing they ask is whether it can be used in the army, and that’s normal, because there are professions that are useless for the army, for example, there have been cases when piano players came and returned with injuries, unwilling to continue their education,” says Poghosyan. Three-month conscript Grigor Galumyan, 18, who got enrolled in the army right after school, says he has learned to play tenor drums to be able to serve in the music platoon. Grigor, born to a family of artists – painter father, architect mother, and a violin player sister – has inherited the painter’s gift from his father and often draws while in the army, however, the guitar is his true passion. For seven years he learned how to play it, then entered Yerevan State Pedagogical University, but then decided to drop it, fulfill his army duty, then continue his education at YSC. “It’s been only a few days since I came to the music platoon, I had been looking forward to coming here, things are great so much that I forget about time. You wake up and then in a blink the day is over,” says Grigor and picks his guitar, his skillful fingers run through the strings as if competing with one another, and the fascinating sounds of Libertango by famous Argentinean composer Astor Piazzolla fill the air. Zorakn scientific-educational youth foundation was the organizer of the reporters’ visit to the north-eastern military unit.

Source URL: http://www.armenianow.com/society/features/49948/armenian_military_army_music_sari_aghjik_duduk

====

• onjig likes this

#5 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 06:45 AM

• MosJan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users