66 replies to this topic

#61 armjan

armjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (karakash @ Nov 1 2005, 01:40 PM)
The beirutsis I know around where I live are spoiled and snobby. They think they are better than all over Armenians. They make fun of halebtsis and baghdadtsis.

i've come across a lot of armenians that think they are better than other armenians
and it aint just beirutsis.
it's contagious
smile.gif

Edited by armjan, 03 November 2005 - 02:34 AM.

#62 Gor-Gor

Gor-Gor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Anahid Takouhi @ Nov 2 2005, 08:24 PM)
Gor:

Although your girl is pretty, but she's moving so much she makes me dizzy. dizzy.gif

biggrin.gif Shad guh neres, Anahid...

#63 Eloren

Eloren

Mysterious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, art, games, reading and Armenia

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:29 AM

Wow, what a thread!

You want to make the "diasporan kids" feel bad because they were born, raised and learned a different culture from the one in Armenia? As if they had the choice in the first place when their families ran away from the genocide? huh.gif

I was born in Beirut, and i speak the "arevmedahayeren" because that's what i was thought. My family is originally from Aintab so obviously, we mixed cultures with turks and arabs (like armenians did with russians).

And what is more important? A "diasporan kid" speaking a distorted (for some) armenian with "gor-ka-lan-ouleh-dzo etc.." but amazingly proud to be an armenian, fighting for his culture in a foreign land? Or a Hayastantsi speaking clean-perfect armenian not even knowing the true value of his homeland and only dreaming of running away and living the american way of life? huh.gif

No matter the dialect you are speaking, most important is you understand each other and continue struggling so that the armenian culture never fades. biggrin.gif

It makes me really sad when i go to armenia and they make me feel like i'm an odar instead of a Hay msn-cry.gif

@Gor: Kylie just rocks biggrin.gif

#64 Gor-Gor

Gor-Gor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 01:11 AM

Eloren: Yev verchabes meguh Kylie-in keghetsig temkuh janchtsav!! smile.gif

I agree with everything you said. I was born in the US, but my family is from Aleppo, and before that, Dikranagerd/Kharpert. Our Western Armenian cultures have had so many influences and hardships over the centuries, but we've remained Armenian and we will continue to struggle to remain Armenian. There'sno need to feel inferior or embarassed to use foreign words here and there; if anything, they stand as a testament to the fact that even though we have lived on foreign soils and under foreign rule, we still call ourselves Armenian first.

On a more personal note, I have family in Dubai and Abu-Dhabi. Morakrochuhs zavagneren meg haduh Dubai g'abri, isg muisn al Abu-Dhabi nor pokhatrvetsav. Yergookn al dzakoomov Halebtsi en, anshooshd. smile.gif

#65 Eloren

Eloren

Mysterious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, art, games, reading and Armenia

Posted 08 November 2005 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (Gor-Gor @ Nov 8 2005, 11:11 AM)
Eloren: Yev verchabes meguh Kylie-in keghetsig temkuh janchtsav!! smile.gif

I agree with everything you said. I was born in the US, but my family is from Aleppo, and before that, Dikranagerd/Kharpert. Our Western Armenian cultures have had so many influences and hardships over the centuries, but we've remained Armenian and we will continue to struggle to remain Armenian. There'sno need to feel inferior or embarassed to use foreign words here and there; if anything, they stand as a testament to the fact that even though we have lived on foreign soils and under foreign rule, we still call ourselves Armenian first.

On a more personal note, I have family in Dubai and Abu-Dhabi. Morakrochuhs zavagneren meg haduh Dubai g'abri, isg muisn al Abu-Dhabi nor pokhatrvetsav. Yergookn al dzakoomov Halebtsi en, anshooshd. smile.gif

Yep, the most important is to keep our culture alive, that's what counts.

Nice you have some family in Abu Dhabi, i moght even know them (yhe armenian community is small here).

As for Kylie.. Myan temke keghetsig thcheh,,, ayl amen inch biggrin.gif

Edited by Eloren, 08 November 2005 - 02:02 AM.

#66 armjan

armjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (Eloren @ Nov 6 2005, 10:29 PM)
Wow, what a thread!

You want to make the "diasporan kids" feel bad because they were born, raised and learned a different culture from the one in Armenia? As if they had the choice in the first place when their families ran away from the genocide? huh.gif

I was born in Beirut, and i speak the "arevmedahayeren" because that's what i was thought. My family is originally from Aintab so obviously, we mixed cultures with turks and arabs (like armenians did with russians).

And what is more important? A "diasporan kid" speaking a distorted (for some) armenian with "gor-ka-lan-ouleh-dzo etc.." but amazingly proud to be an armenian, fighting for his culture in a foreign land? Or a Hayastantsi speaking clean-perfect armenian not even knowing the true value of his homeland and only dreaming of running away and living the american way of life? huh.gif

No matter the dialect you are speaking, most important is you understand each other and continue struggling so that the armenian culture never fades. biggrin.gif

It makes me really sad when i go to armenia and they make me feel like i'm an odar instead of a Hay msn-cry.gif

@Gor: Kylie just rocks biggrin.gif

smile.gif, I agree, i think its very silly claiming to be somehow more pure type of armenian b/c of your place of birth or the circumstances in which that happened. but it's probably going to depend on who u ask, i think.

but your right, the social hierarchy of armenians is prolly subjective and it isn't too far from something like this i image...

1. my type here
2. your type here

#67 Gor-Gor

Gor-Gor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (Eloren @ Nov 8 2005, 12:00 AM)
Yep, the most important is to keep our culture alive, that's what counts.

Nice you have some family in Abu Dhabi, i moght even know them (yhe armenian community is small here).

As for Kylie.. Myan temke keghetsig thcheh,,, ayl amen inch biggrin.gif

Azkaganneroos maganoonnern en Jekjekian yev Kelejian. Dzanot en?

smile.gif about Kylie! Im amenasiradz yerkchoohineres eh. My favorite album is probably Fever. But I must admit to liking her reeeeally old stuff too, like I Should Be So Lucky. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users