• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 annannimusss

annannimusss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:32 PM

Mosjan, tell me which Parish and Church this was at, I will see these Priests in November at the ACYO (Armenian Church Youth Organization) convention , and I will be seeing the Archbishop this sunday. And I will personally ask him without naming the Parish or Priest if this is allowed or true. And I will ask my DER Hayr if there is such a thing as this, and how much it costs to be baptized.

#102 annannimusss

annannimusss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:50 PM

I have to say that Church Camp is something that every single one of us who have been there is something that we never want to end. And I can't wait till next year!

#103 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE(RemainFaithful @ Jul 16 2007, 06:11 AM)
Thank you Shahan. I would therefore, conclude that you are not eligible to answer my questions regarding the Armenian Apostolic Church on behalf of the Armenian Apostolic Church members.
It would be a delight for me, if a member of good knowledge about the Mother Church, would answer some of the issues that came up in this topic's past threads.

Dear Faithful,
Some of us are so concerned with the onslaught and raid of the Jehovah’s Witnesses into our “First Christian Country“. And, I may add, with equal concern, as I am neither a jehovaist or any other “ist”.
Reading Khorenatsi and companie’s so called “history”, whose, main agenda and mission it seems, was to “hebraicize” our culture, to bring us closer to the “chosen people”, and in the process trash our native culture and religion.
When will we stop dividing our nation between Hnchak, Dashnak, Apostolic, Catholic and Evangelical factions? Note that, I did not mention Mormons and Jehovaists. They can all go to their own HELLS!
Speaking of which, remember that the Catholic Mekhitarists single-handedly saved our entire culture and language, to not mention such Evangelicals like Sghomon Tehlirian and Gersam Aharonian, to metion a few.
Speaking of “jehovaists”. How is it different from those original “jehovaists”, Thaddeus and Bartholomew/Թաթդեոս Բարթողողեոս? We need a new direction, and new directors, so called “protectors of our religion and identity”.
Why are some people still trying to teach us what our culture and “religion” is, should be?
WHO THE HELL CARES ABOUT RELIGION?
Islam and Buddhism are religions also, whatever the h.ll it may mean!.
Maybe someday we will learn to separate “religion” from (ethnic/national, be it Arabic, Jewish , Hindu, and yes, Armenian) “politics”, just as our Ctholicos'es and our polticians have said on multiple occasions, ad infinitum. ad nauseam that "religion is a matter of personal choice/concience", i.e. not a matter of State.

Edited by Arpa, 04 September 2007 - 11:23 AM.

#104 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE(Sako***** @ Aug 15 2007, 07:50 AM)
I have to say that Church Camp is something that every single one of us who have been there is something that we never want to end. And I can't wait till next year!

You can say that again, and again, and again...happy.gif

#105 onnig

onnig

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE(MosJan @ Aug 13 2007, 01:19 AM)
i'm mad

no seriously i'm mad at the local church in Laos angeles
till a point that i wish to ......
one of our new neighbors has been diagnosed for censer and has not to long to go 2 to 3 months top - she has been in USA for 3 years frome Armenia - and since in our Armenia tradition an Armenia most be baptized, she was baptized last week - wan today i have learned that the church charged her $1200 & a kid to get baptised i have lost my mind !!!
so someone please tellllllll me who do i need to &*^%*&^%*&^ in that system to get a answer ???
way is an Armenia has to pay sooooo much (&^%&(*^% ( money to get baptized ???
i can *&^(&* become a MUSLEM for free / a jehovah's witness for free - be baptised in a catholic church of any other nation for $20 but in our Armenia church we get to spend sooooooo much ^%{:content:}amp;^%$ money ...

the family has been devastated enough in the passed 2 months - now the church is taking advantage of the situation and knowing that an Armenia has no other choice to baptised before getting married or passing a way and since

This is why:

Luke 20:46-47 "Beware of the scribes, who like to walk around in long robes, and love respectful greetings in the market places, and chief seats in the synagogues and places of honor at banquets, who devour widows' houses, and for appearance's sake offer long prayers. These will receive greater condemnation."

These scribes are identically comparitive to these priests. They devour widows homes, that is, they take advantage of the supposed positions they hold - the keys to the kingdom, in which they hold ransom souls who must pay to be relinquished of their sins. Woe to them! Instead of preaching repentance from sin and a life toward God and the FREE grace of God unto salvation:

Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast."

they burden the people so harshly and yet Christ tells us:

Matt 11:29-30, "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

But the yoke of the priests is hard and their burden heavy.

Onnig

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users