6 replies to this topic

#1 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,320 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:03 AM

The Armenian Genocide is still an ongoing fact in Turkey. Would the government of Turkey support if the opposite is happening? Like a Muslim Turk converting to any other religion and still be alive? 

News.am, Armenia

May 14 2019

Armenian teen forcibly converted to Islam on Turkey live TV
10:14, 14.05.2019

default.jpg

Cases of forcible religious conversion continue in Turkey. This time an Armenian teen was converted to Islam on live television.

During his religious TV program, Turkish theologian Nihat Hatipoğlu violated the Treaty of Lausanne and applied one of the points that define genocide. He converted 13-year-old Armenian boy named Artur to Islam live on air, and without the presence of his parents.

The Turkish press covered this event as top news.

But this incident is simply unacceptable under the Treaty of Lausanne, as it violates the rights of national and religious minorities, in terms of religious conversion of a minor without the presence of his parents.

In addition, this act also fits into one of the points that define genocide, and according to which it is unacceptable to forcibly convert a child into another religion. In this situation, this case fully fits into that point, since the religious conversion of a minor without the presence of his parents is equal to forcible religious conversion.

https://news.am/eng/news/512425.html

#2 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,320 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:08 AM

Armenpress.am

Garo Paylan plans to file complaint over religious conversion of 13 year-old child, assessing it child exploitation

974792.jpg21:00, 14 May, 2019

YEREVAN, MAY 14, ARMENPRESS. Member of Turkish parliament of Armenian origin Garo Paylan plans to file a complaint against Turkish broadcaster Nihat Hatipoğlu, ARMENPRESS reports Paylan wrote on his Facebook page, referring to the religious conversion of 13 year-old Armenian boy Artur on a live broadcast.

“I have met with the mother of Artur, exploited by Nihat Hatipoğlu. She informed that her son appeared in that program without her permission”, Paylan wrote, adding that tomorrow he will file an official complaint to Supreme Council for Radio and Television and Prosecution against this program that exploits children.

During the program Nihat Hatipoğlu had announced that he has the permission of Artur’s mother, but the mother, Alina Yengibaryan, informed that her son converted to Islam without her knowledge.

The family moved to Turkey 13 years ago. According to the mother, her son and her family are Christian.

Edited and translated by Tigran Sirekanyan

https://armenpress.a...Pn4v0Uxn5R-oZH0

#3 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,320 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:22 AM

News.am, Armenia
May 15 2019

Analyst: 13-year-old Armenian boy's acceptance of Islam is disgrace for Turkey
14:54, 15.05.2019

default.jpg

What happened to the Armenian boy at a Turkish TV station is simply a disgrace. This is what Director of the Institute of Oriental Studies at the National Academy of Sciences of Armenia, Turkologist Ruben Safrastyan said during a May 15 press conference, commenting on a 13-year-old Armenian boy’s (Artur) acceptance of Islam during a live broadcast on a Turkish TV channel.

“This is unacceptable and inadmissible, even from the perspective of Islam. They had no right to do that without taking into consideration the opinion of the child’s parents,” the Oriental studies expert emphasized.

Moreover, Safrastyan stated that this is linked to the policy of the Turkish government, namely President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

The analyst also reminded that Turkey has repressed over 100,000 citizens, and this also attests to the unhealthy atmosphere and Erdogan’s authoritarian policy.

Forceful Islamization continues in Turkey, and this time, a young Armenian was the victim. The Islamization took place during a live broadcast. A Turkish spiritual figure Islamized the boy in the absence of his parents, and Turkish presses spread the news as top news.

https://news.am/eng/news/512762.html

#4 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,320 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:28 AM

Some Turks has no shame!

Independent, Nigeria

May 15 2019

13-Year-Old Armenian Boy Tricked Into Converting To Islam On Live TV
May 15, 2019

Islam-and-Christianity-696x445.jpg

The mother says “my son did not convert to Islam. We are Armenians and Christians.” The boy had been invited to a live TV event. The theologian Nihat Hatipoğlu, who led him to make the Islamic profession of faith, also changed his name. For the Armenian community, this is a genocidal act because it involves the forced conversion of a minor without the presence and permission of the parents.

A 13-year-old Armenian boy was converted to Islam on live TV in Turkey. The case was the top news item in Turkish media. However, the boy’s parents plan to take the programme’s producers to court for tricking their child.

Last Saturday, on ATV television, theologian Nihat Hatipoğlu, rector of Gaziantep University of Science and Technology, introduced Arthur, a 13-year-old Armenian boy who “wanted” to convert to Islam.

In front of thousands of viewers, Arthur became a Muslim, following Hatipoğlu by repeating the Islamic profession of faith.

Soon after, Hatipoğlu asked him if he wanted to change his name, taking his name, Nihat. Hatipoğlu then said that Arthur/Nihat was a minor, his mother had been asked for authorisation.

In fact, the boy’s mother, Alina Y., told the website lurer.com that “my son did not convert to Islam. We are Armenians and Christians. If I had known, I would have been with my son.”

“Arthur is a naive 13-year-old boy. A Syrian friend of his told him: ‘Come, we’ll talk on live TV. They will give us toys, and we will eat with the stars.’ And my son went with him. He’s a child, he made a mistake, but he did not convert nor was he circumcised.”

The mother contacted Garo Paylan, a member of the Turkish parliament with the Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP), to explain that her son was invited to the programme without parental authorisation.

Paylan said he would file a child abuse complaint against the programme’s producers.

For the Armenian community, Hatipoğlu’s action violates the Lausanne Treaty since forced conversion represents a breach of its clauses on the rights of ethnic and religious minorities.

What is more, the conversion of children without the presence of their parents is tantamount to forced conversion, which falls within the definition of genocide.

https://www.independ...lam-on-live-tv/

#5 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,320 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:32 AM

AHVAL NEWS
May 15 2019

Turkish theologian under fire after ‘converting’ Armenian boy to Islam on live TV
2019-05-15

Turkish theologian Nihat Hatiopoğlu, known for his popular television shows during Ramadan, created public outcry after he converted 21 people to Islam during a live broadcast on Sunday, including a 13-year old Armenian boy, left-wing Evrensel newspaper reported.

Hatipoğlu converted the boy, Arthur, to Islam, changing his name as Nihat during his top-rated Ramadan show.

Conversion in Islam occurs through the utterance and belief in the shahada, which states ‘’There is no god but God. Muhammad is the messenger of God.’’

The theologian advised to the Armenian boy to learn the values of Islam.

The theologian who has become a household name in Turkey said after the programme that Arthur’s family had consented to the conversion. But, Alina Y., the mother of the Armenian boy, told Armenian web-site lurer.com that she had not given consent.

“My child did not become a Muslim. We are Armenians, Christians. If I knew about it, I would accompany my child, but I did not. I was working,” the mother said.

A Syrian friend told Arthur that they would receive presents and offered food if the participated the television show, the mother said.

“He is a child, he made a mistake. He did not become a Muslim,” Alia Y. said.

While the Turkey’s Human Right Association’s committee on racism and discrimination filed a legal complaint against Hatipoğlu, the mother reached out the Turkish-Armenian lawmaker Garo Paylan from the predominantly Kurdish Democratic People’s Party (HDP).

Paylan said on Wednesday on Twitter that he talked to Arthur’s mother, who told him that she had not given consent for the young boy to take part in the television show. The lawmaker accused Hatipoğlu of abuse and said he would file legal complaints with both the country’s television watchdog and the prosecutor’s office.

https://ahvalnews.co...y-islam-live-tv

#6 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,320 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:36 AM

Asia News, Italy
May 15 2019

A 13-year-old Armenian boy tricked into converting to Islam on live TV

by Marian Demir

The mother says “my son did not convert to Islam. We are Armenians and Christians.” The boy had been invited to a live TV event. The theologian Nihat Hatipoğlu, who led him to make the Islamic profession of faith, also changed his name. For the Armenian community, this is a genocidal act because it involves the forced conversion of a minor without the presence and permission of the parents.

Istanbul (AsiaNews) – A 13-year-old Armenian boy was converted to Islam on live TV in Turkey. The case was the top news item in Turkish media. However, the boy’s parents plan to take the programme’s producers to court for tricking their child.

Last Saturday, on ATV television, theologian Nihat Hatipoğlu, rector of Gaziantep University of Science and Technology, introduced Arthur, a 13-year-old Armenian boy who "wanted" to convert to Islam.

In front of thousands of viewers, Arthur became a Muslim, following Hatipoğlu by repeating the Islamic profession of faith.

Soon after, Hatipoğlu asked him if he wanted to change his name, taking his name, Nihat. Hatipoğlu then said that Arthur/Nihat was a minor, his mother had been asked for authorisation.

In fact, the boy’s mother, Alina Y., told the website lurer.com that “my son did not convert to Islam. We are Armenians and Christians. If I had known, I would have been with my son.”

“Arthur is a naive 13-year-old boy. A Syrian friend of his told him: ‘Come, we’ll talk on live TV. They will give us toys, and we will eat with the stars.’ And my son went with him. He's a child, he made a mistake, but he did not convert nor was he circumcised."

The mother contacted Garo Paylan, a member of the Turkish parliament with the Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP), to explain that her son was invited to the programme without parental authorisation.

Paylan said he would file a child abuse complaint against the programme’s producers.

For the Armenian community, Hatipoğlu’s action violates the Lausanne Treaty since forced conversion represents a breach of its clauses on the rights of ethnic and religious minorities.

What is more, the conversion of children without the presence of their parents is tantamount to forced conversion, which falls within the definition of genocide.

#7 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,504 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:23 PM

:angryfire:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users