702 replies to this topic

#81 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (Yervant1 @ Jan 10 2009, 11:58 AM)
Nothing new in there, the oil will run out soon and their phony backing of absurdity.

Read this: http://findarticles....ag=artBody;col1

#82 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:04 PM

ANGERED BY TURKISH CRITICISM OVER GAZA, ISRAEL MAY RECOGNIZE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE

Enraged by the abrasive tone of Turkey’s condemnation of Israel’s attack on Gaza, Israeli officials and Turkish analysts are now raising the possibility that Tel Aviv may retaliate either by recognizing the Armenian Genocide or refusing to help Turkey to lobby against a congressional resolution on the genocide, according to the Publisher of The California Courier. “This unexpected turn of events was in response to Turkish Prime Minister Recep Erdogan’s continued harsh criticisms, accusing Israel of “perpetrating inhuman actions which would bring it to self-destruction. Allah will sooner or later punish those who transgress the rights of innocents.” Erdogan qualified Israel’s attack on Gaza as “savagery” and a “crime against humanity.” He also refused to take calls from Israel’s Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and rejected a request by Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni to visit Ankara. While it is unlikely that Israel would reverse its long-standing refusal to acknowledge the Armenian Genocide, it may decide not to accommodate future Turkish requests to have American Jewish organizations to lobby against a congressional resolution on the Armenian Genocide. Ankara has long depended on Israel to act as a conduit to Washington and to American Jewish organizations who have frequently acted as a kind of surrogate lobby for Turkey in Washington. In the past, Jewish organizations have been instrumental in helping Turkey block efforts to introduce resolutions in Congress recognizing the Armenian genocide of 1915,” Harut Sassounian writes. On December 27, 2008, Israel launched a military campaign codenamed Operation Cast Lead, targeting the members and infrastructure of Hamas. As of 12 January 2009, 13 Israelis and 898 Palestinians are estimated to have perished in the conflict. All but three of the Israeli casualties have been soldiers, while 333 of the Gaza casualties have been women and children. 257 children in Gaza have been killed, making up a third of Palestinian casualties.

#83 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

Why would Israel give up a trump card by recognizing the AG, instead of using it time and time again against the turks. Don't see it happening anytime soon.

#84 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:39 PM

Yervand jan / tsavoq s@rty jisht es barekam

#85 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:57 PM

Just reading this makes me sick to my stomach. What a corrupt world we're living in.

#86 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (Anoushik @ Jan 14 2009, 06:57 AM)
Just reading this makes me sick to my stomach. What a corrupt world we're living in.

Yes MosJan, you got the right idea. apricot.gif . The above article belongs here, not under any serious subject topic to have us hyperventilate.
There seems to be no shortage of comedic buffoons. jester.gif goof.gif
Hamastan
http://hyeforum.com/.....ite=+hamastan
Hamastan
http://newsfromrussi...1/26/71870.html
And here is another comedic jester right in our backyard.
Observe below where he uses phrases like “anti-whateverism” and “by extension”. He further goes invoking “professional historians”. Does he not mean “schmistorians for hire”?
OK Let’s talk about those phrases.
I have no idea who or what semites are, I coudn't care less, whether they describe themselves as such or by some self appointed “anthropologist” classifies them.
Armenians are described as “Indo_Europeans”, and rightfully so, since they are located exactly half way between India and Europe.
So! “by extension” should we interpret any and all anti-Armenian comments as anti-Indian or anti-European? See all those who claim to be Europeans.
http://en.wikipedia....tries_in_Europe
Also, see above that azerboobjan and furkey are among the list.
The Newton Tab (Newton@cnc.com)
Newton, Massachusetts
January 7, 2009
Letters to the Editor
Mr. Boyajian Should Leave Jews Out of It
I, for one, am growing tired of seeing the Anti-Defamation League and, by extension, the Jewish community, continue to take the heat from the likes of David Boyajian for what is a legitimate debate among historians regarding the question of genocide in Armenia.
With Mr. Boyajian's op-ed piece in the Dec 24 Newton TAB, it's obvious
that he and like-minded individuals will use any opportunity to poke
their fingers into the eyes of bystanding Jews just to land another
punch in their feud with the ADL.
There's an elephant in the room, and that elephant is
anti-Semitism.
When the malicious scrawling of a swastika on a
synagogue sign somehow results in a five-column rant against a
pre-eminent Jewish organization, there's something more at play
here. When historians disagree on the intent of the Turks' war upon
Armenia and the shrill is focused on a Jewish organization that dares to reflect the vigorous debate among those historians, I see Jews being scapegoated.
If that is not the case, then I would ask Mr. Boyajian to leave the
Jews alone and direct his wrath, instead, at the professional
Historians
who disagree with him.
Larry Epstein
Woodward Street
Newton, MA

---
A follow up, rebuttal;
The Newton Tab (Newton@cnc.com) Newton, Massachusetts January 13, 2009 Letter: Armenian Genocide and the ADL Larry Epstein in his letter of Jan. 7 asks Mr. Boyajian to `direct his wrath, instead at the professional historians who disagree with him.' Mr. Boyajian is able, I am sure, to speak for himself, but permit me to explain the difficulty that Mr. Boyajian will have with Mr. Epstein's suggestion. The professional historians agree with Mr. Boyajian. The professional historians who are associated with the International Association of Genocide Scholars agree with Mr. Boyajian. The professional historians associated with the International Commission for Transitional Justice agree with Mr. Boyajian. The 152 professional historians who placed an ad in the Washington Post calling on Turkey to accept the historical fact of the Armenian Genocide agree with Mr. Boyajian. The 56 professional Israeli and Jewish historians who issued a statement in 2001 calling on Turkey to accept the historical fact of the Armenian Genocide agree with Mr. Boyajian. Perhaps, Mr. Epstein has in mind the handful of so-called scholars who are now or who have been in the pay directly or indirectly of the Turkish Government who, dancing to the piper's tune, deny the historical fact of the Armenian Genocide. The fact that the ADL - which has never been accused of being composed of historians - sides with Turkey and is lamentable perhaps, as I think Mr. Boyajian is suggesting, it should concern itself with the very real problem of anti-Semitism and not get involved in matters concerning the Armenians. I cannot speak for Mr. Boyajian, but I am sure that were it any ethnically related organization that steps away from concerning itself with its constituents and denies the historical fact of the Armenian Genocide, Mr. Boyajian would be just as concerned. Anti-Semitism, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder and, perhaps, Mr. Epstein should change his eyeglasses. I hope Mr. Boyajian doesn't mind my taking off my jacket and jumping into the dispute.
Andrew Kevorkian Philadelphia, PA

Edited by Arpa, 14 January 2009 - 10:30 AM.

#87 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:00 PM

So genocide recognition is just a cheap geopolitical tool...

It won't happen

#88 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:51 PM

Adolf Hitler Taken From Parents By Police

Adolf Hitler - the three year old, that is - is back in the news. According to New Jersey police, the state's Division of Youth and Family Services took Adolf and his two sisters, one-year-old Joyce Lynn Aryan Nation Campbell and 8-month-old Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell, from their parents' home Tuesday night.

Little Hilter and his parents got their first fifteen minutes of fame after a New Jersey supermarket refused to put his name on a birthday cake. Little Hitler's incredulous parents talked to the press about the ordeal in December:

http://www.huffingto...k_n_157787.html

#89 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:52 PM

viochxar en sranq, ban & gorts chunen hiter anun en dnum ?? iysinqn inch em xosum t@ghamard@ ir tsnogi ! HOR anun@ k@dner, s@ranq inch her inch mer inch tat kam pap unen ..

#90 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:54 PM

Batman, Turkey, Sues Warner Brothers

Mayor Huseyin Kalkan of Batman, Turkey, is suing both Warner Brothers and Vhris Nolan, the director of Batman: The Dark Knight for using the name of his town without permission. On the face of it, this seems like another silly lawsuit.
Batman, Turkey, Sues Warner Brothers, Chris Nolan
One stated reason for the suit is name infringement, even though the name of the town is actually short for Batý Raman and has nothing to do with a disturbed billionaire dressing up like a bat and manhandling criminals. Batman is the capital of Batman Province and is in an oil producing region in Turkish Kurdistan.

The other stated reason for the law suit is that Mayor Kalkan is blaming the influence of the Caped Crusader for the high rate of female suicides. Many of these female suicides are "honor suicides" which are like "honor killings" but involves a girl being forced to kill herself instead of being killed for the sin of having sex outside of marriage, dressing in an immodest manner, getting raped, or even casually glancing at a male not her close relative.

If course a number of questions arise due to the Batman, Turkey, law suit. First, as Variety suggests, the law suit comes about seventy years too late:

"No one from the town of Batman has explained why it took so many years to take legal action. Batman first appeared as a comic book character in 1939 and the "Batman" TV series started in 1966. Tim Burton's first big screen rendition for Warner Bros. came out in 1989."

Doubtless one reason is money. Chris Nolan's Batman: The Dark Knight has made just over a billion dollars so far. No doubt Mayor Kalken of Batman, Turkey, sees an opportunity to get a slice of the action.

#91 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:55 PM

Warner Brothers

#92 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (MosJan @ Jan 15 2009, 10:52 PM)
viochxar en sranq, ban & gorts chunen hiter anun en dnum ?? iysinqn inch em xosum t@ghamard@ ir tsnogi ! HOR anun@ k@dner, s@ranq inch her inch mer inch tat kam pap unen ..

Yes mi das@nker ouneyi, Hugaratsi er tsagumov yev anoun@, ayo iskakan yev pashtonakan anoun@ Hitler Slovaykof er, ayo, hitler. Zig Heil? tongue.gif
Isk inch patkani "batman"i tes # 58 verev.

#93 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:50 AM

ISRAEL SHOULD BE BARRED FROM UN, ERDOGAN SAYS

• Turkey’s Prime Minister on Friday said Israel should be barred from the United Nations while it ignores the body’s calls to stop fighting in Gaza. "How is such a country, which totally ignores and does not implement resolutions of the UN Security Council, allowed to enter through the gates of the UN (headquarters)?" Recep Tayyip Erdogan said. Erdogan spoke before UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon was due to arrive in Ankara to discuss the conflict. Erdogan’s comments reflected a growing anger in Turkey, Israel’s best friend in the Muslim world, over Israel’s Gaza operation. Ban is on a weeklong trip to the region to promote a truce after both sides ignored a UN resolution demanding an immediate cease-fire. "The U.N. building in Gaza was hit while the UN secretary-general was in Israel," Erdogan said. "This is an open challenge to the world, teasing the world." Israel infuriated the U.N. Thursday when it shelled the world body’s headquarters in Gaza City, where hundreds of Gazans were seeking cover from the fighting among food and supplies meant for refugees. The destruction added to what aid groups say is a humanitarian crisis in Gaza and increased tensions between Israel and the international community even as diplomats engaged in cease-fire talks, the AP reports.

#94 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:00 AM

tongue.gif BTW. When are we going to have the Comedian of the Year Award ceremony?
huh.gif tongue.gif And the show goes on!
This is so hilarious. jester.gif
This is not the first time or the first "comedian" to say similar things.
huh.gif What “dialogue” are they talking about? Like the ones at Sevre, Lausanne, Kars, Gumri or Moscow? Where they had us the “idiots” sign at the dotted line site unseen?
Allow me to repeat; “you fool me once, shame on you, you fool me twice.. and more, SHAME ON ME”!
`AMERICA OBSTACLE TO ARMENIAN-TURKISH DIALOGUE,' SAYS ALI BABACAN `
We have started a new phase of activities with Armenia, which was being kept secret for some time. After the football game the information became public. We have never been so close to solving the problems. In order to do the final step, both sides should put forth the efforts,' announced the Foreign Minister of Turkey Ali Babacan during a live broadcast of one of Turkish TV stations. According to the Ministry, the American Armenians conduct serious lobbyist activities to have the Armenian Genocide recognized. `In this stage if the US Government recognizes Armenian Genocide it will become an obstacle to Armenian-Turkish dialogue,' said the Foreign Minister of Turkey. Source: Panorama.am

#95 Boghos

Boghos

-= Mr Nobility =-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Interests:literature, cinema, chess, history

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:15 AM

http://www.radikal.c...rticleID=915950
Turkish rednecks say "Dogs can enter, Jews and Armenians cannot".

#96 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (Boghos @ Jan 18 2009, 06:15 PM)
http://www.radikal.c...rticleID=915950
Turkish rednecks say "Dogs can enter, Jews and Armenians cannot".

They must have learned that from the Americans, or maybe visa versa, when some years ago shops in New York would have signs saying "Dogs ... and.... (fill in the blank), KEEP OUT".
It brings to mind this “cris de guerre” of some time ago
فلستین بلاضنه ول یاهوض گلابنا“ Falastine biladna, wal yahoud klabna”. “Palestine is our land, and the hews are our dogs”.
How to interpret that in our language?
"Հայաստանը մեր տուն, եւ թուրքըն է մեր շուն" ?
Btw. Some time ago some Palestinians claimed that they are the Biblical people of Philista, i.e the Philistines which was quickly challenged and dismissed, and shown which “dog“ has the sharper canines (teeth).
Note that the Armenian word for “canine“(teeth) is շնատամ/shnatam/dog tooth.
http://en.wikipedia....:Azawakh_K9.jpg

Edited by Arpa, 18 January 2009 - 02:34 PM.

#97 Boghos

Boghos

-= Mr Nobility =-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Interests:literature, cinema, chess, history

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:02 PM

The French were also adept to such practices: "Pas de Chien, pas de ...".

#98 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:57 AM

Comedy Contest.
To see which is the more hilarious buffoon, foxman the fox or ergakan the wolf.
See Harut Sassounian’s Commentary on Califorina Courier.
http://frontpagemag....ED-BD7A76F2F592
Also click on MasKomYa to see this comedy written, directed and played by ergakan; http://memri.org/bin...c...&ID=SP91605

Foxman’s Faustian Bargain?
By Andrew G. Bostom
FrontPageMagazine.com | 8/17/2007
The Anti-Defamation League (ADL)-sponsored campaign to combat bigotry and celebrate diversity (“No Place for Hate”) has sparked bitter resentment in Watertown, MA—a small town whose 8,000 Armenian-Americans comprise nearly 25% of the population. Local Armenians do not object to the initiative, rather the group behind it, the ADL and its director, Abraham Foxman—whom they charge, correctly, with denying the ugly established legacy of the World War I era Armenian genocide. Under the authoritarian Young Turk (Ittihadist) regime, the bulk of the Armenian population from the territories of the Ottoman Empire—some 1 to1.5 million Armenians—were purged by violent and lethal means, which reproduced the historical conditions of a classical Islamic jihad: deportation, enslavement, forced conversion, and massacre.
Mr. Foxman maintains that dismantling a program designed to fight hatred simply because the ADL does not share what he refers to as the “Armenians’ viewpoint”, would be “bigoted.” Moreover Foxman and the ADL, who have spoken out in recent times against ethnic cleansing of Muslims in the Balkans and the genocide against the syncretist black African Animist-Muslims in Darfur, are in effect oddly “neutral” on the Armenian genocide: “We're not party to this, and I don't understand why we need to be made party.” But even this morally-challenged “neutrality” is disingenuous. According to the Jewish Telegraphic Agency (4/23/07, “Turks want genocide commission”), Mr. Foxman and the ADL are actively lobbying against the Armenian genocide recognition legislation in the Congress (HR 106) and the Senate (SR 106), including the presentation of letters from the Jewish community of Turkey complemented by, “their own [i.e., the ADL's] statement opposing the bill.”
Interviewed for a November 19, 2003 story in The Christian Science Monitor, following the bombing of Istanbul’s two main synagogues by indigenous Turkish jihadist groups, Rifat Bali, a scholar, and Turkish Jew, acknowledged the chronic plight of Turkey’s small, dwindling Jewish community, whose social condition remains little removed from the formal “dhimmi” status of their ancestors. Dhimmis were those non-Muslims, including Jews, subjugated by jihad, and forced to live under Islamic Law as non-citizen pariahs, physically segregated, often in squalid ghettoes, as was the case for the Jews of Istanbul. Discriminatory regulations limited their most basic rights, vis a vis Muslims, with regard to penal law, taxation, and religious practice. Bali’s informed remarks echoed the chronic, unresolved concerns which lead to the mass exodus of 40% of Turkey’s Jews to Israel within two years of its creation in 1948, and the dual 2003 Istanbul synagogue bombings transiently illuminated—a largely marginalized society, whose shrinking numbers and “other problems” were deliberately downplayed by community leaders:
The Turkish Jews have not been fully integrated or Turkified, and they have had to limit their expectations. A kid grows up knowing he is never going to become a government minister, so no one tries, and the same goes for positions in the military.
Amoral denial of the Armenian genocide by Foxman and the ADL abets the exploitation of beleaguered Turkish Jews as dhmmi “lobbyists” for the government of Turkey.
Also, since 1950, both the Turkish press and Islamic literature have steadily increased their output of theological Islamic Antisemitism—based upon core anti-Jewish motifs in Islam’s foundational texts—the Koran, hadith, and sira. This theologically-based anti-Jewish animus grew steadily in stridency, and during the 1970s through 1990s, was melded into anti-Zionist and anti-Israel invective by Turkey’s burgeoning fundamentalist Islamic movement.
The Armenian genocide denial “strategy” of Mr. Foxman and the ADL has succeeded, perversely, in further isolating Jews, while failing, abysmally, to alter a virulently Antisemitic Turkish religious (i.e., Islamic), and secular culture—the latter perhaps best exemplified by the wildly popular, and most expensive film ever made in Turkey, “Valley of the Wolves” (released February, 2006) which features an American Jewish doctor dismembering Iraqis supposedly murdered by American soldiers in order to harvest their organs for Jewish markets. Prime Minister Erdogan not only failed to condemn the film, he justified its production and popularity. This is the same Mr. Erdogan who in 1974, then serving as president of the Istanbul Youth Group of the Islamic fundamentalist National Salvation Party wrote, directed, and played the leading role in a theatrical play entitled Maskomya, staged throughout Turkey during the 1970s. Mas-Kom-Ya was a compound acronym for “Masons-Communists-Yahudi [Jews]”, and the play focused on the evil, conspiratorial nature of these three entities whose common denominator was Judaism.
Yet ADL ignores the plight of Turkish Jews, defends Erdogan, and apparently still believes Erdogan’s “moderate Islamic” regime remains a committed ally of Israel. Is this silence on Turkish Antisemitism, and the immoral denial of the Armenian genocide Foxman’s Faustian bargain for Turkey’s dubious “support” of Israel?
As a Jew, I find the ongoing efforts by Mr. Foxman and the ADL to deny recognition of the Armenian genocide morally repugnant, ignorant, and particularly inappropriate for an organization geared to reducing, as opposed to abetting and fomenting Antisemitism, and other forms of irrational hatred.
Andrew G. Bostom, MD, MS, Associate Professor of Medicine, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University. Author of "The Legacy of Jihad" (2005) and the forthcoming "The Legacy of Islamic Antisemitism" (2007), www.andrewbostom.org

Andrew G. Bostom is a frequent contributor to Frontpage Magazine.com, and the author of The Legacy of Jihad, and the forthcoming The Legacy of Islamic Antisemitism.

#99 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:47 PM

Turkish PM, Israeli president get into shouting match at Davos forum

Turkey's prime minister stormed off the stage during a debate Thursday at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, after getting into a shouting match with Israel's president over the fighting in the Gaza Strip.

Recep Tayyip Erdogan grew increasingly irritated after appealing for more time from the moderator, Washington Post columnist David Ignatius, to rebut Shimon Peres following the Israeli leader's passionate defence of his country's three-week offensive against Hamas militants.

After Ignatius limited his time to one minute because the session time was ending, Erdogan told Peres that he remembered "two former prime ministers in your country who said they felt very happy when they were able to enter Palestine on tanks."

"I find it very sad that people applaud what you said," Erdogan said in Turkish. "There have been many people killed, and I think that it is very wrong and it is not humanitarian."

"We can't start the debate again. We just don't have time," Ignatius said.

"Please let me finish," Erdogan said, to which Ignatius responded: "We really do need to get people to dinner."

The red-face Turkish leader then said, "Thank you very much. Thank you very much. Thank you very much. I don't think I will come back to Davos after this."

Earlier in the day, Erdogan said U.S. President Barack Obama should help redefine terror and terrorism in the Middle East and use it as the basis for a new U.S. policy there. Erdogan appeared to be referring to the U.S. position toward Hamas and Hezbollah, which the United States considers terrorist organizations.

"I believe that President Obama must redefine terror and terrorist organizations in the Middle East and based on his new definition, a new American policy must be deployed in the Middle East," said Erdogan, whose country has played a key role in trying to mediate among Israel and Syria and the Palestinians.

The heated incident came just hours after the head of the United Nations used the forum to launch an appeal for Gaza aid, as business and economic leaders also discussed a nuclear-armed Iran, the global recession and the new U.S. administration.

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said Gaza needs $613 million US to rebuild following the recent 22-day military campaign between Israel and Hamas.

"Help is indeed needed urgently" to allow UN and other aid groups to "jump into action to help the 1.4 million citizens of the Gaza Strip to recover," he said.

They need food, medicine and shelter, as well as repairs to basic infrastructure such as water and sewers, said Ban, who toured Gaza when both sides declared ceasefires on Jan. 22.

"People have lost their families, they have lost their homes, belongings and livelihoods. Schools, clinics, factories and businesses have been destroyed," he said. Many people are living amid raw sewage, he added.

Israel launched the campaign to end Hamas rocket attacks against the Jewish state on Dec. 27. Roughly 1,300 Palestinians were killed in the conflict, say officials in Gaza, while Israel has reported 13 deaths.

Israeli election frontrunner Benjamin Netanyahu also spoke at the annual gathering of 2,500 business and corporate leaders, saying keeping nuclear weapons out of Iran's hands is more important than the economy.

"What is not reversible is the acquisition of nuclear weapons by a fanatic radical regime.... We have never had, since the dawn of the nuclear age, nuclear weapons in the hands of such a fanatical regime," said the Israeli Likud party leader.

Iran maintains that it is seeking nuclear power for peaceful purposes and not for a weapons program.

The head of OPEC warned the cartel will make production cuts unless demand for oil picks up by the end of the year.

Secretary General Abdalla Salem El-Badri said OPEC members will have reached the group's pledge of a drop of 4.2 million barrels a day by the end of January.

After that, "if we still have some downward problems, then OPEC will not hesitate to take some quantity out of the market," he said.

With files from Associated Press

http://news.sympatic...sitemid=un-gaza

#100 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (Yervant1 @ Jan 29 2009, 09:47 PM)
Turkish PM, Israeli president get into shouting match at Davos forum

Turkey's prime minister stormed off the stage during a debate Thursday at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, after getting into a shouting match with Israel's president over the fighting in the Gaza Strip.

Recep Tayyip Erdogan grew increasingly irritated after appealing for more time from the moderator, Washington Post columnist David Ignatius, to rebut Shimon Peres following the Israeli leader's passionate defence of his country's three-week offensive against Hamas militants.

After Ignatius limited his time to one minute because the session time was ending, Erdogan told Peres that he remembered "two former prime ministers in your country who said they felt very happy when they were able to enter Palestine on tanks."
=====
http://news.sympatic...sitemid=un-gaza

This indeed gets the comedy award of all times. biggrin.gif
Irony of ironies is that David Ignatius(Ignatiosian) is Armenian and he openly and publicly avers it. tongue.gif smile.gif
Look;
http://hyeforum.com/.....ite=+ignatius
This brings to mind the old saying that is also known in furkish- "Two tightrope walkers (clowns) can't walk/dance on the same rope" goof.gif

Edited by Arpa, 29 January 2009 - 04:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users