• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 vika182

vika182

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 08:41 PM

Well well, it seems like one of the biggest unqualified, criminal leaders in the world, the wonderful president of Azerbaijan, Aliyev will be coming to Columbia University to gove a talk. I am inviting anyone who can to PLEASE come join me, and if you cant, please help me decide what questions to ask, since we will be given an opportunity to ask questions. I don't want to just go there and curse at him. help

and vote for kerry

#2 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (vika182 @ Sep 19 2004, 08:41 PM)
Well well, it seems like one of the biggest unqualified, criminal leaders in the world, the wonderful president of Azerbaijan, Aliyev will be coming to Columbia University to gove a talk.  I am inviting anyone who can to PLEASE come join me, and if you cant, please help me decide what questions to ask, since we will be given an opportunity to ask questions.  I don't want to just go there and curse at him.  help

and vote for kerry

Ask him when he will be democraticaly elected.

#3 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 09:24 PM

Ask him in what basses Azerbaijan claims ownership to Karabagh when it democratically elected to succeed from central control of Azerbaijan due to overwhelming desires of Armenian population there which constituted 95% of the population moreover Artsagh has been part of historical Armenia which explains the existence of numerous Armenian historical monuments which solidifies its cultural traces to this land.
After the Sumgait massacres how can Armenians in Karabagh ever trust being subordinate to Azerbaijan?

#4 skhara

skhara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 09:38 PM

After the Sumgait massacres how can Armenians in Karabagh ever trust being subordinate to Azerbaijan?

I like that question. You can add: After the Sumgait massacres and all the anti-Armenian statements from Baku, how can Armenians in Karabagh ever trust being subordinate to Azerbaijan?

QUOTE (vika182 @ Sep 19 2004, 08:41 PM)
and vote for kerry

why?

#5 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 01:48 AM

Azerbaijan's weakest spots at this point are the 2003 presidential elections and the axing incident in Budapest.
Ask him a question hinting on the undemocratic nature of their current regime. And, please, do not make any contrasts with Armenia smile.gif We're in almost same situation...Just keep it about Azerbaijan.
Or ask him how could Azerbaijan's mass media make a hero out of a killer. Isen't this result of propaganda in Azerbaijan.

#6 Boghos

Boghos

-= Mr Nobility =-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Interests:literature, cinema, chess, history

Posted 20 September 2004 - 05:04 AM

When dealing with a politician one always has a problem: how to ask a question for which he doesnīt have a ready answer. I think Armenīs question is a good one. In my view these questions should be always asked in the context of "peace in the Caucasus" or other broad objectives, however idealistic they may sound. I would never ask a question in a intimidatory manner. Intimidatory content, not intimidatory form.

#7 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 20 September 2004 - 07:40 AM

A short time ago a seemingly Azeri appeared here. He used an inflmmatory language and , if I remember correctly, used some x-rated words towards Armenians.
His posts were removed.
I meant to ask him what his definistion of an Azeri was.
What is an Azeri?
Who are they?
What is the laguage of the Azeris?
Turkish?
Then why are they calling themselves Azeri?

WHAT AND WHO IS AN AZERI???

Another Turk?

Then why don't we call a spade a spade?
We are Armenians, we speak Armenian.
What is their excuse for existence?
Who needs another Turk??
Is not one too many already??!!

And....
Tell the SSO to get the hell off of our voriks lest his a** be blown all the way to As*tana!
No! Don't tell him that!

Edited by Arpa, 20 September 2004 - 08:02 AM.

#8 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Interests:Art, Yoga, Spirituality

Posted 20 September 2004 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (vika182 @ Sep 19 2004, 10:41 PM)
Well well, it seems like one of the biggest unqualified, criminal leaders in the world, the wonderful president of Azerbaijan, Aliyev will be coming to Columbia University to gove a talk.  I am inviting anyone who can to PLEASE come join me, and if you cant, please help me decide what questions to ask, since we will be given an opportunity to ask questions.  I don't want to just go there and curse at him.  help

and vote for kerry

Please let us know the details, I maybe able to show up if I can make an embarassing question.

Edited by Sasun, 20 September 2004 - 09:39 AM.

#9 vika182

vika182

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 12:29 PM

The event will be held this Friday at 3:00 PM, i think you have to sign up in advance, but i think you need to be a member or columbias staff or student body. maybe i can sneak some of you guys in. let me know. I will ask the questions about how armenians can feel safe in karabagh was given to azerbaijan after the massacres. Also I considering invoking his fathers use of al quaida's help in the massacres.

Vote for Kerry becuase Cheney is worse than Ken Lay when it comes to corporate fruad. he's got 10 million in stocks invested in halliburton...do you see a motive for the war developing? He is being sued for copropate fraud, bribing world leaders, and trading with lybia, iran and iraq while there were sanctions against it, polluting the envorionment, having artur anderson do their book keeping...etc etc etc.
The whole lot of them are nothing but oil people.

and rumsfeld is the one who gave saddams the wmd's.

I can go on for pages

Vote for kerry because Bush revoked the resolution banning aind to azerbaijan if they didnt lift the blockade on armenia.

I was also considering asking about the blockade.

#10 Boghos

Boghos

-= Mr Nobility =-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Interests:literature, cinema, chess, history

Posted 20 September 2004 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (vika182 @ Sep 20 2004, 06:29 PM)
The event will be held this Friday at 3:00 PM, i think you have to sign up in advance, but i think you need to be a member or columbias staff or student body.  maybe i can sneak some of you  guys in.  let me know.  I will ask the questions about how armenians can feel safe in karabagh was given to azerbaijan after the massacres.  Also I considering invoking his fathers use of al quaida's help in the massacres.

Vote for Kerry becuase Cheney is worse than Ken Lay when it comes to corporate fruad.  he's got 10 million in stocks invested in halliburton...do you see a motive for the war developing?  He is being sued for copropate fraud, bribing world leaders, and trading with lybia, iran and iraq while there were sanctions against it, polluting the envorionment, having artur anderson do their book keeping...etc etc etc.
The whole lot of them are nothing but oil people.

and rumsfeld is the one who gave saddams the wmd's.

I can go on for pages

Vote for kerry because Bush revoked the resolution banning aind to azerbaijan if they didnt lift the blockade on armenia.

I was also considering asking about the blockade.

Al Qaida might be a stretch but Afghan mercenaries and Bassaev (who was taught a lesson heīll never forget) are certainties.
After reading Arpaīs post I had a second thought: just go there and watch those clowns making complete fools of themselves as usual. This might be enough.

#11 Artsakh

Artsakh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:Hayer miyatsek, miyatsek Hayer, Artsakh-eh mez kanchoom ognootyan hasek.

Posted 20 September 2004 - 10:01 PM

vika182

please, DO NOT forget to bring up the brutal axing of Armenian army officer Gurgen Margarian in budapest.

tell him why the Azerbaijani leadership praises and makes a hero out of such murderes? does that contribute to peace between the two peoples?

when bringing up the massacres, let the "dog" AKA aliev bark what ever he has to bark, then afterwards quote him what Abulfaz Elchibey, President of the Republic of Azerbaijan at the time, said June 1992, which is "If there is a single Armenian left in Artsax this October, Azeris will hang him in Baku's Central Square"

also, tell him that how can armenians co-exist with azeris when Azeris slaughtered their own people in khojaly, to which the Azeri president at the time, Ayaz Mutalibov, admitted, published in the April 2,1992 issue of the Russian newspaper "Nizavisimaya Gazeta"

#12 mx5

mx5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 05:32 AM

Make a point in an indirect way that they are a musliman country .and that Bassayev was living and fighting in his country Azerbaijan against the deffencless armenians in Karabagh.

#13 mx5

mx5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 05:38 AM

and ask him that what was he doing here on this civilised podium while he and his country backed by Turkey are denying the Armenian Genoscide and preparing for a new one,though it was not possible to work now this time because of the western world cncience awakening.

#14 Nakharar

Nakharar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 05:20 AM

Those who will attend the event (I highly doubt that they will let Armenians in though) shouldn't ask highly emotional questions which we are known to do.
Let's not make an ass of ourselves again.

#15 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 08:20 AM

I agree with Nakahar... people must not forget that it's Aliyev speech, he'll have the last word... So if the subject of Armenians and Armenia is opened, he'll interprate it and make Armenians look like criminals and than you may even not have the chance to answer back.

So I think my question was right on track, it will make Aliyev look like an @ss.

Or maybe, something like: "How can you feel representing Azerbaijan, when you never were elected, and how can Azerbaijan be considered a democratic country after this fact?"

If Aliyev open the subject of the Armenians during his speech, than perhaps it would be a good idea to correct him in a form of question... if the question of Armenian or Armenians is never raised, I see no reason to raise it.

Edited by Fadix, 23 September 2004 - 08:32 AM.

#16 gurgen

gurgen

You talking to me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:tennis, chess, football (the real one), games

Posted 23 September 2004 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (Domino @ Sep 23 2004, 03:20 PM)
I agree with Nakahar... people must not forget that it's Aliyev speech, he'll have the last word... So if the subject of Armenians and Armenia is opened, he'll interprate it and make Armenians look like criminals and than you may even not have the chance to answer back.

So I think my question was right on track, it will make Aliyev look like an @ss.

Or maybe, something like: "How can you feel representing Azerbaijan, when you never were elected, and how can Azerbaijan be considered a democratic country after this fact?"

If Aliyev open the subject of the Armenians during his speech, than perhaps it would be a good idea to correct him in a form of question... if the question of Armenian or Armenians is never raised, I see no reason to raise it.

You have a very good point there. Since he will definitely have the last word, vika won't be able to answer any of his lies, and (non-Armenian) people will actually believe what he is saying. Better not to raise the topic at all.

#17 hytga

hytga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Interests:computers

Posted 23 September 2004 - 11:32 AM

i agree with Domino on not raising the question. but if he does. and says that there are 1mln IDPs in az and that they should return to their homes, tell him that the actual number is 700k, 200k of those are from armenia (spitak) who were not chased out but fled, and ask him if he'll consider letting back 400k armenians to baku, sumgait and kirovabad. all this with giving back those people thier apartments, and wether he can realistically guarantee their security

Edited by hytga, 23 September 2004 - 11:34 AM.

#18 skhara

skhara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (hytga @ Sep 23 2004, 11:32 AM)
and ask him if he'll consider letting back 400k armenians to baku, sumgait and kirovabad. all this with giving back those people thier apartments, and wether he can realistically guarantee their security

I am glad that my family is out of that Turkish shithole. I wouldn't take a billion dollars to go back there and I don't know anyone else who doesn't feel the same.

That's not a good question, because he will answer yes, since he knows that former Armenian homes are now occupied by Azeris and no Armenian in their right mind would ever consider going back there to live among those barbarians.

#19 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (skhara @ Sep 23 2004, 06:22 PM)
I am glad that my family is out of that Turkish shithole.  I wouldn't take a billion dollars to go back there and I don't know anyone else who doesn't feel the same.

That's not a good question, because he will answer yes, since he knows that former Armenian homes are now occupied by Azeris and no Armenian in their right mind would ever consider going back there to live among those barbarians.

Are you from the region? huh.gif

Tell us more.

#20 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 23 September 2004 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (Artsakh @ Sep 20 2004, 11:01 PM)
vika182
please, DO NOT forget to bring up the brutal axing of Armenian army officer Gurgen Margarian in budapest. 

tell him why the Azerbaijani leadership praises and makes a hero out of such murderes?  does that contribute to peace between the two peoples?

when bringing up the massacres, let the "dog" AKA aliev bark what ever he has to bark, then afterwards quote him what Abulfaz Elchibey, President of the Republic of Azerbaijan at the time, said June 1992, which is "If there is a single Armenian left in Artsax this October, Azeris will hang him in Baku's Central Square"

also, tell him that how can armenians co-exist with azeris when Azeris slaughtered their own people in khojaly, to which the Azeri president at the time, Ayaz Mutalibov, admitted, published in the April 2,1992 issue of  the Russian newspaper "Nizavisimaya Gazeta"

agree - these are issues he should have some difficulty with...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users