Photo

are conscripts forced to attend religious classes?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bellthecat

bellthecat

A poor kitty, lost in the rain.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Interests:mreowing purring snuggling sleeping

Posted 06 October 2002 - 04:50 PM

I saw this in a larger article about Armenian priests acting as chaplains in the Armenian armed forces. The words suggest that their activities go far beyond that practiced by chaplains in other armed forces, and that officially encouraged enforced indoctrination is involved. Am I right?

"Father Arshen says that there were 2-3 cases when soldiers who
were members of religious sects, refused to participate in
religious classes. There are also incidents when due to these
lessons and the influence of the chaplains, soldiers, who were
members of the sects, renounced their sects to return to the
bosom of the Mother Church."

#2 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 06 October 2002 - 08:47 PM

The words also suggest that the influence of the sects is too great.
This is such a "great" news, that might be published as a sensation on the front page of New York Times or Scottish Daily.
Nothing new under the sun. I will give you bred and butter (and honey sometimes, if you behave) and in return you will throw away your Kalashnikov, so that my buddies (the turks) can pay you an unexpected visit.

#3 bellthecat

bellthecat

A poor kitty, lost in the rain.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Interests:mreowing purring snuggling sleeping

Posted 07 October 2002 - 01:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gamavor:
The words also suggest that the influence of the sects is too great.

Two or three cases are two or three too many in your eyes too - no doubt you'd just put a bullet through their heads to put them out of their misery of living outside the Armenian Church.

#4 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 07 October 2002 - 06:30 PM

I don't care what religion or cult (or sub-cult), they are followers of. What I care is when they see an enemy close to the border, to take his measurements and to send him to hell before counting to 3.

Bellthecat, be careful when traveling throughout Western Armenia (pardon, Eastern so-called Turkey).

#5 TigrannesIII

TigrannesIII

Riko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Making fun or conservatives and seeking progressive change while preaching endogamy and cultural conservation in the diaspora.

Posted 04 November 2002 - 11:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gamavor:
I don't care what religion or cult (or sub-cult), they are followers of. What I care is when they see an enemy close to the border, to take his measurements and to send him to hell before counting to 3.

Bellthecat, be careful when traveling throughout Western Armenia (pardon, Eastern so-called Turkey).

all non-Apostolic sects should be thrown out of the country. Armenia is not America, freedom from religion- fine. Freedom of religion- no.

#6 joseph

joseph

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:SOCCER

Posted 04 November 2002 - 01:11 PM

Let me tell you my experianse with those cults , in Jordan where I was born , in Amman where I was living we were the only Christian family among 14 muslim familys naibouring us . One day two people knocked the door and we invite them to come in , one was Arab the other was American they start to talk about Christianity , then they start to tell me that they were like the wright Christians and we were the wrong Christians , and we should see the light and convert to their cult , i tryed to be polite and talk to them nice , but they kept going on and on finaly I talled them that they knocked the wrong door and my naibours were all muslims he should go there and try to convert them they said they cant because they were asked not to preach to muslims , or they will be kicked out the country so they cant doit , I said to them if the Opostels acted like you then we would have no Christianity . If those cults succede then we in Armenia will have probebly 3000 nominations can you imagin that .

#7 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 11:44 PM

They are right Christians, we are wrong Christians. They are the right farmers, we are the wrong farmers, they are the right engineers, we are the wrong engineers, they are the right teachers, we are the wrong teachers, they are the right businessman, we are the wrong businessman ... and finally they are the right idiots, but unfortunately we are not the wrong idiots....

#8 joseph

joseph

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 November 2002 - 04:04 PM

Gamavor jan what are you trying to say ,would you explain what you are trying to say and " gamatz gamatz ". for a moment I thought I was reading one of Hgarags posts , this is how I picture Hagarag when i read his posts " "

#9 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 07 November 2002 - 04:30 PM

If you don't understand something, just disregard it.

Cheers Hovsep! You are cool:-)

#10 joseph

joseph

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 November 2002 - 06:23 PM

Thank you Gamavor I will take your advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users