• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#21 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 13 September 2004 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (Stormig @ Sep 12 2004, 06:09 PM)
Nairi, your way sounds too complicated - layers of the onion, really! Levels of consciousness or something! smile.gif For now I'm torn apart between being straightforward and doing kiddy things like in the old days (early teens). tongue.gif
Anyway. I'll keep you folks posted. smile.gif

How about glancing at him very frequently and smiling, then playfully looking away, repeat a few times and he's a sure thing. That way you don't need to do the whole approach thing. By the way there are a lot more shy guys afraid to approach a girl than I imagined. They usually turn out to be way more interesting than the aggressive kind. Am I right?

#22 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 13 September 2004 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (anileve @ Sep 13 2004, 10:40 AM)
How about glancing at him very frequently and smiling, then playfully looking away, repeat a few times and he's a sure thing. That way you don't need to do the whole approach thing.

...yeah but if he is shy and self concious/paranoid/a sloppy eater or what have you he may just think he spilled something on himself...

QUOTE (anileve @ Sep 13 2004, 10:40 AM)
By the way there are a lot more shy guys afraid to approach a girl than I imagined. They usually turn out to be way more interesting than the aggressive kind. Am I right?

..do tell... cool.gif

But yes I would tend to agree - with the opposite - experience with women - the shy ones can often be real tigers (and the aggresive/outgoping ones are sometimes a lot of show)... yes.gif

#23 kakachik77

kakachik77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (anileve @ Sep 13 2004, 09:40 AM)
How about glancing at him very frequently and smiling, then playfully looking away, repeat a few times and he's a sure thing. That way you don't need to do the whole approach thing. By the way there are a lot more shy guys afraid to approach a girl than I imagined. They usually turn out to be way more interesting than the aggressive kind. Am I right?

Anileve, great avatar smile.gif

I also do agree with you, shy guys most of the time end up being more interesting.

Edited by kakachik77, 15 September 2004 - 01:07 PM.

#24 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (anileve @ Sep 13 2004, 09:40 AM)
They usually turn out to be way more interesting than the aggressive kind. Am I right?

Yes! You are right.

#25 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 01:28 AM

I didn't want to say this back then, but the reason why he's shy, methinks, is that he is geeky. biggrin.gif No offence to the local geeks.

#26 gurgen

gurgen

You talking to me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:tennis, chess, football (the real one), games

Posted 16 September 2004 - 06:34 AM

Sip are you just going to sit there and take this? biggrin.gif

#27 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 16 September 2004 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (gurgen @ Sep 16 2004, 06:34 AM)
Sip are you just going to sit there and take this?  biggrin.gif

Everyone was picking on Sip today sad.gif Everyone but me, I was a good girl. angel_not.gif

Edited by ExtraHye, 16 September 2004 - 03:05 PM.

#28 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (gurgen @ Sep 16 2004, 06:34 AM)
Sip are you just going to sit there and take this?  biggrin.gif

I'm too shy to reply sad.gif rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

... and Extra, thanks! I knew I could count on you smile.gif

#29 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 16 September 2004 - 02:36 PM

Dude, I did nto pick on you either and I went out fighting for you today and I don't get nothing but Sure Amy gets a thanks. Whatever.

#30 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 02:45 PM

All I know is that I feel really lost! So many threads I haven't kept up with ... on top of that all the avatars are changing on a daily basis and the Domino wants to spank all the guys and flirt with all the ladies. What has happened to our Universe as we knew it?

#31 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Sep 16 2004, 02:45 PM)
What has happened to our Universe as we knew it?

You mean the Sipian Multiverse?

BTW, I make it official Sip, you're second just after MosJan as a master poster here. smile.gif

Edited by Fadix, 16 September 2004 - 08:01 PM.

#32 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 01:37 PM

Once again, no offence to resident geeks, but... How do you know a geek is interested in you?
When it takes him a minute to do you a technical favour you remind him of, which otherwise he had been procrastinating about for a year. laugh.gif
Sorry for not keeping you posted, but it HAS been drawn out in that it's difficult to get hold of him. Still, drawn out is fun, too - exciting, in that it leaves spectators on the edge of their seats and gives many more giggly moments with the girls. laugh.gif

#33 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 17 September 2004 - 01:53 PM

Yeah - sounds like great Geek fun..... tongue.gif ...perhaps you should just grab him by the hair, pull his face down and kiss him long & deep! kiss1.gif Just a friendly suggestion of course... goof.gif beer.gif

#34 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 02:13 PM

But I don't wanna scare him. rolleyes.gif

#35 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 17 September 2004 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (Stormig @ Sep 17 2004, 03:37 PM)
Once again, no offence to resident geeks, but... How do you know a geek is interested in you?
When it takes him a minute to do you a technical favour you remind him of, which otherwise he had been procrastinating about for a year. laugh.gif
Sorry for not keeping you posted, but it HAS been drawn out in that it's difficult to get hold of him. Still, drawn out is fun, too - exciting, in that it leaves spectators on the edge of their seats and gives many more giggly moments with the girls. laugh.gif

I thought it's the opposite. It takes him 1 hour to do what he could have done in 10 minutes, so that he can spend a little more time with you. Then he volunteers to clean up your PC and gives you several tip on how to keep your PC organized, how to speed it up and everything that can possibly involve a better performance and security of your PC. How do you keep a juicy plumber working longer so that you can admire his muscles jumping while he is bending over your pipes, perhaps you can make sure that your auger is severly stuck. laugh.gif

Just to show you how bad of a flirt am I. An attractive blond with a very fit body and excellent shoulders makes a great impression on me as he passes by me in the hall. I wish that he would have a problem with a copy machine so that I can run to his rescue. Miraculously destiny does its magic and surely enough it happens. I come up to him swaying with my hips and doing a slow motion hair flip.

He is a bit uncomfortable, I don't know if it's from my excessive swaying or that a petit girl is going to do some technical stuff. “I have a tiny bit of a problem" he says as I make an effort of doing a sexy stand while I open the copy machine to fix the cable which was somehow disconnected. "A tiny problem? How tiny is it exactly" I look up at him still in my sexy pose, hair on the side revealing my bare shoulder and batting my eyelashes with an obvious effort. His face is as red as a tomato, "How tiny do you want it to be?" he replies.

And here is the brilliant answer from Evelina which makes sultry sirens turn in their grave. "Well preferably very tiny, so that I don't have to spend too much time here." As soon as those idiotic words left my mouth I realized that this is what they call a verbal murder of a perfect love affair. BAM!!! Silence fell upon both of us, I tucked my tale between my legs and mentally slapping myself on the forehead shamefully scurried away. An image of a steamy affair was shattered with the sound of the machine making copies with no possibility of a future breakdown. I am an idiot.

Edited by anileve, 17 September 2004 - 02:14 PM.

#36 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 17 September 2004 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (Stormig @ Sep 17 2004, 02:13 PM)
But I don't wanna scare him. rolleyes.gif

Then you just look deep into his eyes, and get closer to him. This way nature would take it's course. naughty.gif

#37 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (anileve @ Sep 17 2004, 08:14 PM)
I thought it's the opposite. It takes him 1 hour to do what he could have done in 10 minutes, so that he can spend a little more time with you. Then he volunteers to clean up your PC and gives you several tip on how to keep your PC organized, how to speed it up and everything that can possibly involve a better performance and security of your PC. How do you keep a juicy plumber working longer so that you can admire his muscles jumping while he is bending over your pipes, perhaps you can make sure that your auger is severly stuck.  laugh.gif

Just to show you how bad of a flirt am I. An attractive blond with a very fit body and excellent shoulders makes a great impression on me as he passes by me in the hall. I wish that he would have a problem with a copy machine so that I can run to his rescue. Miraculously destiny does its magic and surely enough it happens. I come up to him swaying with my hips and doing a slow motion hair flip.

He is a bit uncomfortable, I don't know if it's from my excessive swaying or that a petit girl is going to do some technical stuff. “I have a tiny bit of a problem" he says as I make an effort of doing a sexy stand while I open the copy machine to fix the cable which was somehow disconnected. "A tiny problem? How tiny is it exactly" I look up at him still in my sexy pose, hair on the side revealing my bare shoulder and batting my eyelashes with an obvious effort. His face is as red as a tomato, "How tiny do you want it to be?" he replies.

And here is the brilliant answer from Evelina which makes sultry sirens turn in their grave. "Well preferably very tiny, so that I don't have to spend too much time here." As soon as those idiotic words left my mouth I realized that this is what they call a verbal murder of a perfect love affair. BAM!!!  Silence fell upon both of us, I tucked my tale between my legs and mentally slapping myself on the forehead shamefully scurried away. An image of a steamy affair was shattered with the sound of the machine making copies with no possibility of a future breakdown. I am an idiot.

Geez, you coulda just made a turn-around by saying, So that I/we have time for other things/tea/coffee naughty.gif laugh.gif
Speaking of, in return for the tea invite, I've received a coffee invite. Yeap. Still difficult, though, mostly in terms of finding him by himself - he's always going around the place with his prodigy/protégé on his tail. <sigh> I do like drawn-out, but the cat-and-mouse is still tooooo sloooooooooooooooow... sad.gif Today I was feeling like banging my fists on his desk if I found him by himself and asking him how much longer he wanted me to prolong the silly game. laugh.gif Now that woulda scared him. ohmy.gif laugh.gif

#38 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (ExtraHye @ Sep 17 2004, 08:17 PM)
Then you just look deep into his eyes, and get closer to him.  This way nature would take it's course.  naughty.gif

First opportunity I get!
Hey, whatever happened to the days when girls would get seduced? rolleyes.gif Now you have all these metrosexuals running all over the place and they "deserve consideration"... rolleyes.gif

#39 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (anileve @ Sep 17 2004, 02:14 PM)
I thought it's the opposite. It takes him 1 hour to do what he could have done in 10 minutes, so that he can spend a little more time with you. Then he volunteers to clean up your PC and gives you several tip on how to keep your PC organized, how to speed it up and everything that can possibly involve a better performance and security of your PC. How do you keep a juicy plumber working longer so that you can admire his muscles jumping while he is bending over your pipes, perhaps you can make sure that your auger is severly stuck.  laugh.gif

Withyou it might be more difficult, we must use a bigger ruse. You can assemble a PC like nothing, install and fix it etc... you don't need a geek for that. sad.gif

#40 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (Stormig @ Sep 17 2004, 04:33 PM)
Geez, you coulda just made a turn-around by saying, So that I/we have time for other things/tea/coffee naughty.gif laugh.gif

Brilliant idea!!! That would have been such an awesome save, unfortunately the shock of my stupidity overwhelmed my rescue strategy. Ok, I am sorry I am on a roll of embarrassing stories today, your fault Stormig.

I was 10 at the time. Having read numerous adventure novels by Mayne Reid I was inspired by a certain action of one the heroines. I think the book was called “The while glove” or something of that sort. At the time I was terribly in love with a very handsome boy older than I, I still remember his name Karen Malyev. He was tall and really fit, had a head of adorable black locks and deep green eyes which would make any 10 year olds heart melt. We were on the same tennis team and I often spent time staring at him imagining our vacation on the Greek Islands. I was also trying to perfect my basketball skills and my soccer skills to impress him furthermore, I am happy to say that I impressed a few guys I am not sure he was one of them, at least I was finally picked as the 3rd one for the soccer team as opposed to a leftover member when we first began.

So in the novel a charming Lady to win affections of her love interest dropped her white glove on purpose as a gesture of interest. He rode up to it picked it up, returned it to a blushing mademoiselle, they kissed, got married and lived happily ever after. So guess what this little Armenian lady does. Yup, that’s right I decide to apply the same tactic. With my sports track suit, gigantic blue rubber boots (it was a very snowy winter), and a brown coat with chestnut buttons I pass by swaying with my undeveloped hips and drop my…..Mitten…..yes it was a mitten the size of a chestnut. In hopes that I will have the same fate as the noble Lady in the Reid’s novel. I will end this by saying that my hand froze and my mother forced me to go find my glove which was laying in the dirt by a completely deserted Tennis hall. I never picked up Mayne Reid’s novel again.

Moral of the story, be glad you are not wearing blue rubber boots. Perhaps if you accidently drop leave your notebook by him with hearts next to his name, he'll get the message. tongue.gif

Edited by anileve, 17 September 2004 - 03:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users