Photo

Clubbing Without Your Girl/boyfriend

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 sev-mard

sev-mard

As it was in the beginning, so it shall be...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 10:28 AM

What does everyone think about clubbing without your significant other? Is there a point? Should you be clubbing alone when you have someone. What if you're attached but all of your friends are not. Do you have any business being at club? If you do, do you have any problems with your significant other doing the same?(I know many people have double standards) tongue.gif

Opinions, thoughts, rants & raves please begin below.

#2 gevo27

gevo27

Its one of the most beautiful sights... now i have to go see it.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (sev-mard @ Mar 12 2004, 10:28 AM)
What does everyone think about clubbing without your significant other? Is there a point? Should you be clubbing alone when you have someone. What if you're attached but all of your friends are not. Do you have any business being at club? If you do, do you have any problems with your significant other doing the same?(I know many people have double standards) tongue.gif

Opinions, thoughts, rants & raves please begin below.

its plain wrong, cause everyone in there right minds wants to be treated nicely, and they should treat others the way they would like to be treated unless they are purely hypocrites.. thus,, if you say its kewl with me to go, but you cant.. thats not treating others the same now is it?

Plus... clubbing isnt for people in relationships, unless they are together, cause lotta dirty things go on there wink.gif..

#3 sev-mard

sev-mard

As it was in the beginning, so it shall be...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (gevo27 @ Mar 12 2004, 02:33 PM)
Plus... clubbing isnt for people in relationships, unless they are together, cause lotta dirty things go on there wink.gif..

For sure! It can get wild and crazy out there. Especially in Hollywood man. I mean you'd be surprised.

#4 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 04:16 PM

I don't see a problem with it. Now after you are engaged and especially after you are married, it is a completely different story. But even then, going to have some alone time once in a while I think can be quite healthy for a relationship. If clubbing is used as a release and not as a substitute for something that is lacking in the relationship, I don't see a problem with it.

But in the end, this is something that must be discussed openly between the couple and agreed upon ... as it will be very different from person to person and from couple to couple I suspect.

For me, I don't do "clubbing" but I would want to have my buffet rights to myself. This is assuming she doesn't want to join me of course wink.gif

#5 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 06:40 PM

Now that the issue is settled, I have come up with a cool signature, "Club Early Club Often".

#6 angel4hope

angel4hope

look at me...i can fly!...sploosh!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 12 March 2004 - 10:01 PM

I personally have never been clubbin and dont think ill ever go- just not me- i dont like the idea- unless i go with my boyfriend-in the future-IF-anyway yah-well i know some friends (guys) who go clubbin without their chicks- and the girls are cool with it- but i guess it has to do with being secute with your relationship and your boyfriend/girlfriend..

#7 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 06:44 AM

I guess it depends on what kind of club you mean wink.gif Pick-up clubs are one thing, dance-clubs a whole other, at least it's like that in Holland. I don't have a boyfriend now, but when I did we used to go to dance-clubs all the time. I can't think of a time that we didn't go together, if only because we both enjoyed that kind of clubbing (or (dance) festivals for that matter), but I'm sure I wouldn't have minded if he had gone alone. I know I've gone clubbing alone. I think it also has to do with trust.

#8 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 11:33 AM

I bet I can seduce you if you went alone. You couldn't resist my off-forum charm as I danced like a white person.

#9 gevo27

gevo27

Its one of the most beautiful sights... now i have to go see it.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (Anonymouse @ Mar 13 2004, 11:33 AM)
I bet I can seduce you if you went alone. You couldn't resist my off-forum charm as I danced like a white person.

i cant dance ata ll,, not even armo danc really.. lol.. i look like a wild rooster runing around with his tail feathers on fire.. smile.gif butehh that doestn stop me from making afool outta myself smile.gif

and plus, charm comes in MANY diff forms.. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif << i have no problem with that wink.gif biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

#10 angel4hope

angel4hope

look at me...i can fly!...sploosh!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 13 March 2004 - 05:10 PM

hehe im a real shy one when it comes to dancing at weddings and stuff, but when im around friends and people im comfy with- hey i get my groove on- i dont care waht anyone thinks- i shake what my momma gave me- but not in a nasty obscene way- biggrin.gif
~ its funny cause usually at weddings and stuff where i usually dont dance, people always are askin me 2 dance and i always refuse- but at parties like with friends and close people- im da one gettin people up and am constantly dancing---
ohh- and one time i danced soooo much at my cousin's wedding- btw party ended at like 6am hehe- that the second day i had blisters all over my feet and my leg muscles were just killing me- i couldnt move for like 3 days- heeh-

Edited by angel4hope, 13 March 2004 - 05:12 PM.

#11 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 05:44 PM

I agree with Nairi. Since when is clubbing strictly about sex/cruising?

I used to go clubbing all the time - with my girl, or with friends. It was about the music & the dancing. It was about friendships & partying (ok, so maybe some of it was 'bad') But on the whole, everybody was there to have a good time. If some folks happened to meet someone, then fine... but that was not 'the' reason to go clubbing...

#12 margogan

margogan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 04:58 AM

I would never go clubbing alone or with some people other than my fiance ....because I don't find it interesting to go have fun when my half is not with me...

Edited by margogan, 06 April 2004 - 05:17 AM.

#13 whitelotus

whitelotus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Geerks, films, music, geragoor, and fluffy gentanees.

Posted 17 March 2005 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (vava @ Mar 13 2004, 03:44 PM)
I agree with Nairi. Since when is clubbing strictly about sex/cruising?

I used to go clubbing all the time - with my girl, or with friends. It was about the music & the dancing. It was about friendships & partying (ok, so maybe some of it was 'bad') But on the whole, everybody was there to have a good time. If some folks happened to meet someone, then fine... but that was not 'the' reason to go clubbing...

I think the whole thing here is that most people don't go to clubs or clubbing because of music and dancing anymore. A lot of the youth goes to get plastered, to check people out, to 'hook up', to hit on and get hit on lol. I think this is why some people have a problem with their significant other going out clubbing. But I do agree with you, there are those who go for the music and dancing, which would be the reason why I would go.

As Sip had said "If clubbing is used as a release and not as a substitute for something that is lacking in the relationship, I don't see a problem with it," I totally agree with him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users