Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,166 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 01:55 PM

Erebuni 2798 Yerevan
2798-ամյա Երևան
Դիանա Ղազարյան

Երևանը տոնում է ծննդյան 2798-ամյակը։ «Էրեբունի-Երևան 2798» տոնակատարության շրջանակներում կազմակերպվել է 33 միջոցառում։ Միջոցառումների հիմնական մասը «բաժին է ընկել» Կենտրոն վարչական շրջանին։

Դեռևս սեպտեմբերին Երևանի քաղաքապետ Տարոն Մարգարյանը նշել էր. «Տեղյակ եք, որ դեռ այս տարվա մայիսին վերանայեցինք Երևան քաղաքի 2016թ. հաստատված բյուջեի մշակութային միջոցառումների համար նախատեսված ֆինանսական միջոցները, որի հաշվին էլ համապատասխան աջակցություն ցուցաբերեցինք: Եվ դեռ այն ժամանակ նշել էի, որ այդ վերանայումը հիմնականում իրականացվել է «Էրեբունի-Երևան» տոնակատարության համար նախատեսված ֆինանսական միջոցներից»։

Այդ պատճառով, այս տարի «Էրեբունի-Երևան 2798» տոնակատարության համար նախատեսված բյուջեն, ի համեմատ նախորդ տարվա, կրկնակի կրճատվել է՝ կազմելով 65 մլն դրամ։ Խնայված միջոցներով քաղաքապետը խոստացել էր, որ լիարժեք կիրականացվի տոնակատարության սոցիալական բաղադրիչը, որի շրջանակում 2798 ընտանիքների կտրամադրվեն անակնկալ նվերներ:

http://hetq.am/arm/news/71552/2798-amya-erevan.html

• onjig likes this

#2 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,166 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 03:32 PM

https://www.facebook...f Yerevan Today

#ErebuniYerevan

#3 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,166 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 03:38 PM

Yerevan

http://360stories.co...!/english park/

#4 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,166 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 04:34 PM

Tsnundt Shnorhavor Yerevans
  • onjig likes this

#5 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,575 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 06:00 AM

:thumbup:

#6 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,575 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:42 AM

The capital older than Rome: Yerevan celebrating 2,798th birthday
222703.jpg
October 8, 2016 - 11:48 AMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - Yerevan is celebrating its 2798th birthday on Saturday, October 8.

The capital and largest city of Armenia, Yerevan is one of the world's oldest continuously inhabited cities. Its history dates back to 782 BC, when the fortress of Erebuni was founded by king Argishti I. A cuneiform inscription proves that the Urartian military fortress was built at the site of modern-day Yerevan.

The cuneiform inscription reads: “By the greatness of the God Khaldi, Argishti, son of Menua, built this mighty stronghold and proclaimed it Erebuni for the glory of Biainili [Urartu] and to instill fear among the king's enemies. Argishti says, “The land was a desert, before the great works I accomplished upon it. By the greatness of Khaldi, Argishti, son of Menua, is a mighty king, king of Biainili, and ruler of Tushpa.”

The city is 29 years older than Rome, is the same age as Babylon and the Assyrian city of Nineveh, but unlike the latter, has become a prosperous city now.

The city’s birthday has been celebrated since 1968, when the Erebuni-Yerevan events were organized for the very first time. This year, Armenia’s capital turns 2798, and its birthday is being celebrated under the motto “Yerevan: A City of Sun”.

A great number of events for all the age-groups of the population have been organized throughout Yerevan.

http://www.panarmeni...2798th_birthday

https://www.youtube....h?v=0N6j7rdD8D4

https://www.youtube....h?v=Fbn2iVXwabw

https://www.youtube....h?v=_dDMS33Aq5A

• MosJan and onjig like this

#7 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,575 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:48 AM

UN SPecial Older than Rome – Yerevan feels young as it embarks on its 2,800th year

DR. GARRY ASLANYAN, DEPUTY EDITOR, WHO

p44.jpgThe fountain on a central square of the city of Yerevan in Armenia.
The ancient but young city of Yerevan set to improve health systems through research and help bend the curve of tuberculosis incidence in Armenia.

In the summer of 2018, I went on duty travel to Yerevan, the capital of Armenia, as part of my Programme’s work with a group of local researchers to finalize the papers which they had written following a year of research into critical aspects of tuberculosis (TB) control in the country. On day one, I caught sight of a billboard that said – 2,800 years of Yerevan, come celebrate with us. A quick Google search confirmed – forget Athens or Rome, Yerevan is even older!

The history of Yerevan dates back to the 8th century BC, with the founding of Erebuni in 782 BC by the Armenian King Argishti I as a fully royal capital. Most of us who have lived or live in what is called the New World are usually fascinated by the sheer age of many European cities from the Old World. I panicked! What can I offer to colleagues who live in a city so old that there is a story soaked in every stone? Though a small country of just three million people, Armenia made global waves last spring with its Velvet Revolution– a months-long peaceful protest movement that eventually resulted in the resignation of the old government. This led to a snap election last December which was heralded as the first truly democratic election in the country since its independence from the Soviet Union.

We spent a week of long days reviewing papers, finalizing data analysis, discussing what the findings may mean statistically and practically, helping to peer review each other’s writing and trying to understand what the findings may mean for decision-makers. The rates of TB in the country are alarmingly high, with high prevalence of drug-resistant TB (DR-TB) forms, complicated by socio-economic and health system challenges.

Armenia is among the 18 high-priority countries fighting TB in the WHO European Region. Latest data show the main TB indices have declined, but the numbers are still above desired targets. Treatment outcomes are explained in part by the high prevalence of DR-TB forms. Despite successes in managing drug-susceptible TB and the fact that Armenia is no longer a high-burden multi-drug resistant (MDR) TB country, DR-TB still poses a major challenge to the effectiveness of the National Tuberculosis Programme (NTP). The Armenian researchers and practitioners who were part of this Structured Operational Research and traIning IniTiative (SORT IT) have set out to improve health systems through research and help bend the curve of TB incidence in the country. While the local TB problem was clearly identified by participants during the workshop, the solutions, they said, had to be global.

p45.jpgMay 2018: “I love Yerevan” monument on the Republic square in Yerevan downtown, Armenia.

And global it felt all along – the 2,800-yearold city had a real palpable global energy. One of the local mentors, an Indian doctor from Chennai who decided to stay after finishing medical school in Yerevan, finding a job teaching internal medicine at the state medical university, didn’t seem to feel out of place or awkward, even with his accented Armenian. A Chinese business executive in the international health research centre that hosted us for the week was pleased there were Chinese restaurants in Yerevan, although she felt they lacked authenticity, saying that the Schezuan Beef she ordered time and again had a distinct Khorovats flavour (an Armenian barbeque). The war in Syria led to an influx of 22,000 Syrian refugees of Armenian origin which resulted in Yerevan adopting a new mentality as well as new cuisine.

Many consider the culture in Armenia as being inclusive – another person joining a group or community is perceived as a positive. Armenians, like their South Caucasus neighbours, have long been renowned for their generosity to outsiders – a result of the country’s historical location on the Silk Road. The rich culture of the country is treasured and well preserved due in large part to its ancient history of being influenced by multiple empires, including Assyria, Greece, Persia and Ottoman-era Turkey.

On my last day of seminars with the group, having finalized a set of over ten papers ready to be submitted for scientific journals, I learned that the German Chancellor Angela Markel was in town on an official visit. The taxi driver taking me to the airport told me she made a surprise walk on downtown streets of Yerevan to breath in the city’s 2,800-year-old charm. I wondered how much of this was typical taxi driver urban myth and so I looked for it online. Sure enough, there she was on video, walking down the street with the country’s leaders. Chancellor Markel made a comment that when she was doing her research studies as a student in East Germany she visited Yerevan as part of an exchange programme. But the days of East and West in Europe are now long gone.

I debated what the title of this article should be; my dilemma being that most of us were raised hearing reference to the oldest cities of Athens, Damascus, Jerusalem and Rome, along with some other names of mysterious ancient cities which have long vanished, but Yerevan is never among them. My initial panic had now been resolved: if Chancellor Markel could feel at ease here and hold this beautiful old city in such high regard, celebrating its 2,800 year history, then so could I.

https://www.unspecia...ts-2800th-year/

#8 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,575 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 08:18 AM

Panorama, Armenia
Oct 19 2019

f5daaafa8b8d54_5daaafa8b8d93.thumb.jpg
Society 10:39 19/10/2019 Armenia
Yerevan celebrating its 2801st anniversary

“Erebuni-Yerevan 2801” celebrations will kick off in Armenia on October 19 under the slogan of “Yerevan in my heart”. This year the city day is going to be marked in all administrative districts. On October 19 the events start from 13:00.

The official part of “Erebuni-Yerevan 2801” celebration and the gala-concert are to be held at the National Academic theatre of Opera and ballet after A. Spendiaryan. The National Academic Choir of Armenia headed by Hovhannes Chekidjyan and the State Symphonic Orchestra of Armenia are to perform on stage.

The main events of “Erebuni-Yerevan 2801” celebration start in the evening of October 19. From 19:00 till 22:00 music of various styles and genres can be listened to in the administrative districts. At 22:00 the festive firework will light the night sky of Yerevan.

To note, The history of Yerevan dates back to the 8th century BC, with the founding of the fortress of Erebuni in 782 BC by king Argishti I at the western extreme of the Ararat plain.

https://www.panorama...brating/2183710

• MosJan likes this

#9 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,166 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 03:17 PM

Երևան-Էրեբունի

• Yervant1 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic