137 replies to this topic

#21 Error 404

Error 404

ERROR 404

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:38 AM

btw Arthur Abraham will fight against Khoren Gevor. This is ridicous....

#22 Aratta-Kingdom

Aratta-Kingdom

www.ArmaniKingdom.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:42 AM

Yulia has a character of an angel. Doneir will pay dearly for what he said...and just like his older brother, he'll cry like a bi@&#... .

#23 AVO

AVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 02:54 PM

http://www.sho.com/s...rts/shochamp.do

#24 Aratta-Kingdom

Aratta-Kingdom

www.ArmaniKingdom.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:48 PM

Darchinyan looks to punish Donaire with knockout

By Dan Rafael

ESPN.com
July 6, 2007, 6:19 PM ET

Even though he is only a 112-pounder, flyweight titleholder Vic Darchinyan has a well-earned reputation as a tremendous puncher whose only desire is to score a big knockout.

"My mindset is all about a knockout," Darchinyan said. "When I am punching a person, I can feel it. If I am punching a human, I can knock him out. Of course, I would love to be a heavyweight. I know I am going to destroy everyone. All my power, all my knockouts are because I believe it. I believe I can punch harder and I can knock out everyone."

His last fight sadly showed just the kind of dynamite he carries in his fists. While Darchinyan successfully made the sixth defense of his title, it came with a price.

Darchinyan, left, talks big about punishing Donaire with a knockout.
On March 3 in Carson, Calif., Darchinyan knocked out Victor Burgos in the 12th round to end what had been a brutally one-sided fight. The result left Burgos in a Southern California hospital in a coma fighting for his life. The former junior flyweight titlist ultimately survived, but emerged with brain damage. His career is over.

While Burgos rehabilitates from his injuries, Darchinyan will carry on with his career Saturday (Showtime, 9 p.m. ET/PT) when he faces Nonito Donaire (17-1, 10 KOs), a native of the Philippines living in California, at the Arena at Harbor Yard in Bridgeport, Conn.

Darchinyan (28-0, 22 KOs) is relieved that Burgos survived the brain injury.

"After my last fight, it was very hard [on me] because my opponent was very bad," he said. "He was in a coma in the hospital. Thank God, everything passed and now I am concentrating on my training and concentrating on my fight."

But Darchinyan has no intention of altering his approach to a fight because of Burgos' injury.

"I am not going to change my style," he said. "I am not going to change anything. I am going to go again for a knockout, and I am going to knock out Nonito."

In the main event, junior middleweight titleholder Travis Simms (25-0, 19 KOs), from nearby Norwalk, Conn., makes a mandatory defense against Joachim Alcine (28-0, 18 KOs), a Haitian living in Montreal.

It sounds cold, but Darchinyan admitted that he was trying to lay as much punishment as possible on Burgos during their fight because he was upset about being disrespected before the bout.

Darchinyan knocked Burgos down in the second round, but didn't really press for a knockout after he got up.

Now we know the reason: "He's OK now, so I can say this, but before my fight with Burgos, I said I was going to knock him out in the first round," Burgos said. "But when he made a cut-throat gesture to me at the weigh-in, I decided I was going to punish him. Watch the tapes. I was just throwing one punch at a time -- to punish him. That is what I am going to do to Nonito Donaire on Saturday -- punish him.''

Darchinyan is familiar with the Donaire family. In October 2006, he defended his title against Glenn Donaire, Nonito's older brother.

Nonito said he plans to defend the family honor.

"My brother is a lot smaller than I am and he is a brawler," said Nonito, who has fought a number of fights at junior bantamweight and bantamweight. "For me, I am a smart fighter and that is the difference between us. We are completely opposite in fighting styles. It is a classic brawler-boxer style for this fight, I think. The best fighter wins. I think I have the speed and power to do it, and he believes he has the power to do it. But I have the speed advantage."

Darchinyan dominated Glenn Donaire and appeared to score a sixth-round TKO when he refused to continue. However, referee Tony Weeks ruled an accidental elbow was the reason he couldn't go on. The fight went to the scorecards and Darchinyan was awarded a technical decision.

Even though he won, Darchinyan is still angry that the fight didn't go down as a knockout on his record.

"I want to knock him out twice for the way his brother quit on me and made me win by technical decision instead of knockout," Darchinyan said. "Now, I want to knock Nonito out three times; once for Burgos [too].''

Darchinyan took exception to a remark made by Donaire about Burgos.

"I read something he said on [a website] that if he would have been fighting Victor Burgos instead of me last time, he would have killed him," Darchinyan said. "What kind of talk is that? We are fighters, but we are also sportsmen. To say something like that only wants to make me punish him more."

Punishment that he hopes, of course, ends in a knockout.

#25 Aratta-Kingdom

Aratta-Kingdom

www.ArmaniKingdom.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:00 PM

http://www.itv-boxin...2474341,00.html

itv.com

Darchinyan ready for encounterVic Darchinyan believes his insatiable appetite for knockout victories will see him extend his unbeaten record to 29 fights when he defends his IBF flyweight title against Nonito Donaire in Bridgeport, Connecticut, on Saturday night.

The Armenia-born Australian has not been extended the full distance since August 2003, and his last victory over Victor Burgos in March left his opponent hospitalised with serious head injuries for over a month.

With his genuine desire for exciting, attacking fights against the best possible opponents, the 5ft 5in Darchinyan has lit up the lower weight divisions in a way arguably not seen since the mid-1990s reign of Michael Carbajal.

Darchinyan said: "People need to understand it is very important for me to win every fight by knockout. I'm not one-dimensional but people want action.

That's what they remember and that's why I fight like I do.

"Sometimes, I allow a guy to hit me so he thinks he can, and then I nail him the next time. But I want challenges. I want guys who truly believe they can beat me."

The 31-year-old Darchinyan says he has an extra incentive because his fight against Donaire's older brother Glenn ended in a controversial sixth-round technical decision last October.

Referee Tony Weeks deemed Donaire's broken jaw had come via an unintentional foul on Darchinyan's part and took the bout to the scorecards. Darchinyan won, but was denied the knockout he craved.

"Glenn Donaire flat out quit on me," added Darchinyan.

"Nonito is a good kid and definitely a better fighter than his brother, but once he feels my power, he is going to wish he was someplace else. No one can withstand my power."

Filipino Donaire has won 17 fights against one early career defeat, with 10 wins coming by way of stoppage.

Donaire said: "Everything he does is vulnerable. He just tries to take you out."

In the co-feature, Connecticut's Travis Simms (25-0, 19 kos), puts his WBA light-middleweight title on the line against Joachim Alcine (28-0, 18 kos), in a clash of unbeaten prospects.

"My goal is unifying this division, showing them there should only be one champion," said Simms.

"Travis Simms is that champion. I am willing to step up to the plate and prove it."

#26 Aratta-Kingdom

Aratta-Kingdom

www.ArmaniKingdom.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:05 PM

http://www.news.com....6-11088,00.html

Herald Sun

Little champ can be huge: DarchinyanArticle from:

Barry Michael

July 06, 2007 12:00am
AUSTRALIA'S smallest world boxing champion Vic "Raging Bull" Darchinyan will aim to destroy another opponent in the ring in the US on Sunday.

Darchinyan is confident of smashing Nonito "The Flash" Donaire, the younger brother of a previous victim, Glen Donaire, in Bridgeport, Connecticut.

He believes Glen Donaire quit on him when they fought two title defences ago in Las Vegas in November 2006.

Glen Donaire retired after six rounds with a busted jaw.

He said it was caused by a head clash, resulting in a TD 6 -- or technical decision 6 -- that robbed Darchinyan of his deserved knockout.

Darchinyan might be Australia's lightest world champion at flyweight (49-51kg), but he is certainly one of our biggest punchers with 22 of his 28 wins coming by KO or TKO.

And as Darchinyan says, it should be 23, so look out little brother.

Darchinyan believes he must destroy every opponent to gain the recognition and big fights he rightly deserves.

He and trainer Billy Hussein feel he can win multiple world titles in different weights. All they want is the opportunity.

Darchinyan is managed by American Gary Shaw, who is finding it difficult to get him the big recognition fights he desires as he continues to destroy the best his division has to offer.

Darchinyan says Nonito Donaire is a better fighter than his older brother. He has a record of 17 wins and one loss, having won his past 16 fights -- 10 by knockout.

Darchinyan has declared that he is in great shape after two weeks of intensive sparring in Los Angeles.

Having studied Donaire's record, I have the feeling he is in big trouble against the Raging Bull.

Darchinyan is hungry for more KO victories, and unless Donaire can produce something that no other flyweight has, he will be crushed by the wrecking ball fists of the marauding champion.

This bout is on the undercard of two other world title fights, one for the WBA super welterweight title between Travis Simms Jr and Joachim Alcine and the other for the IBF bantamweight title between Campion Luis Perez and Genaro Garcia.

Darchinyan will be looking closely at the latter as it is a championship he would like to add to his collection.

The program can be seen live on Sky Ringside on Sunday afternoon throughout participating clubs and pubs.

#27 Aratta-Kingdom

Aratta-Kingdom

www.ArmaniKingdom.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:11 PM

http://www.sportingl...ING_Column.html

CAN DONAIRE TAME 'RAGING BULL'?

By Mark Staniforth, PA Sport

He is 5ft 5ins of pure flyweight ferocity, and on Saturday night in Connecticut Vic Darchinyan intends to extend an unbeaten 28-fight record

which has not seen him taken the full distance since August 2003.

The Australian's concussive punching power has him emerge as a major worldwide star in a division usually associated with fast-limbed tacticians who pursue their careers on the undercards of bigger men.

Darchinyan will defend his IBF title against Nonito Donaire in his first fight since his final-round stoppage of Victor Burgos in Carson City in March which left his opponent hospitalised with serious head injuries for over a month.

But the 31-year-old insists the chilling experience of seeing Burgos fighting for his life will not affect his ability to pursue more of the knockout victories he has come to crave.

"My mindset is all about a knockout," said Darchinyan.

"When I am punching a person, I can feel it. If I am punching a human, I can knock him out. When I am punching I become stronger and stronger.

"It is all part of my mentality. I am ready for it. I would love to be a heavyweight. I know I am going to destroy everyone. All my power, all my knockouts, are because I believe I can punch harder and knock out everyone." Darchinyan is a restless fighter. He has talked audaciously, and a touch ridiculously, of moving up to face middleweight Jermain Taylor, but the

reality is a future of unification bouts at the super-fly and bantamweight

limits.

It is that kind of attitude which has earned him a lucrative contract with the US Showtime network, which will broadcast his fight as the co-feature

alongside Travis Simms' defence of his WBA light-middleweight title.

Darchinyan added: "Everyone is going to remember me. I have stayed as a flyweight because I wanted to unify. Now I believe it is not going to happen

so I want to move up to super-flyweight and unify there.

"I have two belts and everyone who thinks they are stronger than me or can beat me, come on. I don't just want to hide and defend against small

opponents. I want to fight bigger fighters because I am getting more

powerful."

Darchinyan cemented his reputation as a future hard-punching star during an amateur career in Armenia, the country of his birth, where he compiled a 158-18 record with 105 knockouts.

After moving to Australia and becoming an Australian citizen in 2004, Darchinyan claimed his IBF title in December of the same year with an 11th- round stoppage of Colombian Irene Pacheco.

Coincidentally the only one of Darchinyan's six title defences which did not end because of his blurring fists occurred against Donaire's brother Glenn, whom he stopped via a sixth-round technical decision in October last year.

Donaire was struggling to cope with Darchinyan's power but referee Tony Weeks deemed that the Filipino's broken jaw had come from an accidental head-butt, rather than a punch. Darchinyan took the decision on the scorecards.

Darchinyan maintains it will be the same story against Nonito, Glenn's younger brother by three years, who is 17-1 with 10 stoppage wins but has never mixed in anything approaching Darchinyan's class.

The champion also has the extra incentive of proving a point against Donaire, with many maintaining his brother was denied a rightful shot at the title when Darchinyan resorted to foul means.

"I think everyone will agree with me that it was as knockout, it was not a head butt or an elbow," Darchinyan added.

"I broke his jaw and he screeched and put his hands up. I am very upset and it is still in my mind."

Darchinyan's explosive style and his desire to push his physical boundaries could make the lighter weights their most fashionable since the mid-1990s light-flyweight wars between Michael Carbajal and Humberto Gonzalez.

It takes a special kind of fighter to rise above the weight issues which ensure the welterweights' mixture of speed and power, or the heavyweights' sheer knockout ability, will usually grab the headlines.

Since the halcyon days of Carbajal and Gonzalez's Tex-Mex wars, arguably only the magnificent Mexican straw-weight Ricardo Lopez has gained credibility to match that currently afforded to Darchinyan.

It is not difficult to get to the root of the popularity of the man who goes by the nickname of 'Raging Bull'.

"The first time I came to Australia for my first pro fight they told me I looked like a raging bull," said Darchinyan.

"The Armenians explained to me what Raging Bull means because you are so like a bull coming forward and you want to destroy your opponent. I loved it because I feel like it is me. I am going to find my opponent and destroy him."

#28 Aratta-Kingdom

Aratta-Kingdom

www.ArmaniKingdom.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:31 PM

boxing.gif boxing.gif boxing.gif boxing.gif boxing.gif boxing.gif boxing.gif boxing.gif boxing.gif boxing.gif

#29 AVO

AVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:04 PM

hes gonna get his behind beaten, just like his brother

#30 AVO

AVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:12 PM

achkov tvetsink. apsos, minchev hima cher krvel

#31 Error 404

Error 404

ERROR 404

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:24 PM

Apsos...

#32 AVO

AVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:01 PM

Aratta-Kingdom achkov tvets. It was a lucky punch, lets wait for the rematch

#33 Aratta-Kingdom

Aratta-Kingdom

www.ArmaniKingdom.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:17 PM

[quote name='Avo47' date='Jul 7 2007, 10:01 PM' post='205855']
Aratta-Kingdom achkov tvets.

would have been different if i was there tongue.gif wink.gif

It was a lucky punch, lets wait for the rematch

It had to happen at some point and i'm glad it happened now. Before the big fight with Arce, this will be a wake up call for Vic.

Let's not forget Vic is a true fighter

boxing.gif boxing.gif boxing.gif

#34 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:18 AM

runtear.gif no good sad.gif

#35 AVO

AVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:24 AM

Lets not forget our 2 undefeated champions in Germany Go Kentikyan smile.gif

#36 Aratta-Kingdom

Aratta-Kingdom

www.ArmaniKingdom.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:23 PM

After having an opportunity to see the fight, I'm not surprised by the result anymore. Donaire might have won the fight by a lucky punch, but for a world champion such as Vic-D, there is no excuse to justify his failure. Vic entered the ring with a soft heart and full of emotions. Every single day for months he was calling Burgos to find out if he came out of the coma and if he was doing okay.?. Stupidity must have it's limit... and this is typical to most armos. Why the fu@# do they feel sorry for the enemy? Why the fu@# do they become emotionally attached to the enemy.?. Burgos insulted the armenians in the ring and got punished for it. Didn't his trainers see Vic was detached from the reality? Couldn't they see Vic wasn't even focused enough to be in the ring? Why didn't they stop him?

Let this be a lesson for all the armos who don't like to play by rules. The rules we live by in the family or in the church don't apply to the ring or the war zone.

#37 AVO

AVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:42 PM

i agree with Aratta. If felt like his trainers didn't even care if he wins or loses. Lucky punch or not he was getting counter punched every time he attacked. and Donaire jr was a lot faster than he was. It was so hard to watch him get up and wobble to the ropes. why the ---- did he got up so fast. The ref didn't even get a chance to start counting.

#38 Aratta-Kingdom

Aratta-Kingdom

www.ArmaniKingdom.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE(Avo47 @ Jul 9 2007, 09:42 PM)
i agree with Aratta. If felt like his trainers didn't even care if he wins or loses. Lucky punch or not he was getting counter punched every time he attacked. and Donaire jr was a lot faster than he was. It was so hard to watch him get up and wobble to the ropes. why the ---- did he got up so fast. The ref didn't even get a chance to start counting.

It was a lucky punch. Donaire didn't fight for it. He didn't even try to create a situation for a punch like that. Just from the standing position, he moved his hand ... and you saw what happened .Vic was fighting too carelessly. He was too open and didn't care much about the consequences. I know his style very well. I almost fight like him. But to see him down like that...Even he didn't blieve what happened there. Did you notice how he was fighting to get up and continue the fight? ...well, that was the wake up call.

#39 Aratta-Kingdom

Aratta-Kingdom

www.ArmaniKingdom.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:16 PM

Btw, the counter punches from Donaier was the result of him being taller and having longer arms. In the fight with Maldonado Vic was aware of this fact and he chose his tactics wisely.

#40 Aratta-Kingdom

Aratta-Kingdom

www.ArmaniKingdom.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:23 PM

SHOWTIME'S NIGHT OF THE UPSET: VIC DARCHINYAN SHOCKED
By Daniel "Tex" Cohen-July 8, 2007

ringsidereport.com, VA
July 8 2007

Nonito "The Filipino Flash" Donaire, 18-1, 11 KO's, pulled off a grand
upset and Grade A revenge by knocking out the popular and exciting
Armenian born Australian "Raging Bull" Vic Darchinyan, 28-1, 22 KO's,
in the fifth round at Harbour Yard Arena in Connecticut last night
on Showtime Championship Boxing.

Darchinyan, who was defending both the IBF and IBO Flyweight Titles,
defeated and broke the jaw of Donaire's brother Glenn in a six round
stoppage last October. This time around, the Donaire family got the
better end of that bout. Darchinyan saw the fight from the student
perspective of a boxing clinic.

Donaire, who led by scores of 50-45, 48-46 and 48-46 at the time of
the stoppage, was ecstatic to overcome his role as the underdog to
take the victory.

"I came in here as an underdog, nobody believed in me but I did it,"
he stated for the record. "I said yesterday that one punch can make
the difference between me and him. I fought guys who are heavier so
I timed my shots. He has heavy hands but my brother said he isn't as
tough as he thinks he is. I shut him up but he still won't admit that
I beat him."

Darchinyan's opinion on the matter following the fight was, "I am
okay...but I am very disappointed. I got caught with a great shot
and these things happen in boxing. Of course I want a rematch."

Given that this night turned out to be positive fortune for underdogs,
it is entirely believable and worthy of Darchinyan to suggest
that. This fight was a great chapter in what may become a legendary
boxing match up between two physical, dynamic warriors. If Darchinyan
is able to get his rematch, he will have to work hard to get to a
level where he would be favored yet again. He will also have to find
a different method by which to break and read patterns on both the
offensive and defensive end.

One of his big weaknesses of behavior in the fight was that he was
caught completely off guard by Donaire's lead right hands. A more
orthodox approach to boxing involved jabs from the left side in order
to set up right handed shots. The strategy worked perfectly against
the offense-oriented Darchinyan, a southpaw that keeps his hands
lower than might normally be suggested by a trainer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users