MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,285 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE(Azat @ May 27 2006, 08:22 AM)  
I am surprised to say this but I liked it. She is HOT

Azat jan Axchka dziyn @ shat anusha smile.gif mi tesak GeGhchkakan Dziyn lini kartses

isk yerg@ smile.gif shata durs galsi - mi 2 shabat araj or@ mi 50 angam t@ghas Haroutik @ nayum / lsum er

#4 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,285 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 11:20 AM

Saturday, April 22, 2006
HAYQ (a.k.a. LAO)
I know the subject of pirated cds has come up on this site before, and as a music composer/producer myself it naturally upsets me as well, but what recently happened is even more frustrating.

A couple of years ago I met a couple of young local Armenians, brothers, who rap in Armenian. We met up on many occasions brainstorming on ideas, but nothing came about until this past winter. They created a commercial style hip hop group, sort of like an Armenian "Black-Eyed Peas", called HAYQ. The group consists of the brothers - Narek & Felix and songwriter Hayk ... all rapping, African-Armenian dark-skinned Hrant on male vocals (who already has a couple of albums released with his sister), and Syuzi, a cute female vocalist.

They've written quite a few songs already, but one song called Qami Pchi caught my attention, and so they asked me to produce it for them. (My first Armenian song production.) The song is a mixture of rap and vocal (with some hints of Armenian and Mid Eastern vocal melodies), and on the verge of rabiz, but still very pop. We recorded the vocals, I also ended up changing some of the lyrics and melodies, arranged it, mixed it, and recorded the final mix at my studio. I handed over the master copy right before I left for Canada, and they started pushing the track, performing in a few clubs here and there, yet without radio play, no video to promote the song, and no album which anyone could find the song on in stores. What happens next? The song is stolen from God knows where, and put on a compilation called "Tuyn Havakatsu 2006" (Poison Collection 2006). And as if that's not bad enough, the song is out as being performed by Hay Tgheq featuring Sirusho. (For those of you who don't know who Hay Tgheq is, they are the most popular local rap group.)

So the group, HAYQ, barely has money, but they are working on a video now (which they are directing themselves, and being shot by Hrach Qeshishyan's cameraman) and it should be out soon. Apparently the song is already a huge hit. According to friends of mine and the guys themselves, the pirated song is selling like mad, and you can hear the song being played in shops and cars all over Yerevan. I'll be back home soon, and will help promote the song like mad, make it the 2006 summer hit of the country, work on a follow-up, and in the meantime find the _sses that stole the song and call the cops on them. LOL! As if that would change anything.

posted by Der Hova at 5:15 AM

#5 kakachik77

kakachik77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:51 PM

tasteful smile.gif

#6 kakachik77

kakachik77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 07:20 PM

this one is great ...made me cry smile.gif

#7 khajag_

khajag_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE(Maral @ May 28 2006, 12:10 AM)  
what do we think of this?

We think it's great tongue.gif?

#8 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 12:55 AM

What do we think? vay mez biggrin.gif

Someone send a memo to these "apehs" saying that including a couple of black guys in your videos doesn't mean you're hard stuff... wink.gif

EDIT: Nevermind, they are singing in Armenian: thats hardcore! wink.gif

Edited by Zartonk, 30 May 2006 - 12:59 AM.

#9 Proud EXPAT

Proud EXPAT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 04:40 PM

Zartonk "including a couple of black guys in your videos doesn't mean you're hard stuff... " whats that supposed to mean exactly?

There's only one black guy who is a guy who's already recorded 2 albums of Armenian folk songs and has been raised in Armenia all his life. I doubt he was thrown into the group to look 'hard stuff'.

The producer is a good friend of mine and I'm proud of the work these guys did. It's about time someone in Armenia created something new. I hope they continue.

#10 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,285 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 05:59 PM

I love the video smile.gif it was on Armenia tv this morning on BLEF smile.gif it's nice

as for the black guy Hrant is his name

go to narek.com search for hrant smile.gif youL find him

#11 HayZenk

HayZenk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 12:24 AM

I like the video, it's pretty good. I'd really like to see them one day doing a hip-hop version of a patriotic song and a video, now that would be really good.

As for Hrant and Gayane they are just awesome, and to me they are Armenians!

#12 Proud EXPAT

Proud EXPAT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 05:07 PM

Guys check this out www.myspace.com/hayqproject

Edited by Proud EXPAT, 04 June 2006 - 05:09 PM.

#13 Proud EXPAT

Proud EXPAT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 05:22 PM

theyve got the song for downloading but you have to pay.
i think its worth helping these guys.
lets show them our support.

www.starmenia.eu/hayq

#14 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,285 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:03 PM

nice
and yes we need to help
but how do we know if it's them how will get the $$$

lets MSG Der Hova at cilicia and see if it's them or not

#15 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,285 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:16 PM

Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Download Qami Pchi
I'm glad to announce the official release of "the" song on the internet. It's available for downloading on the newest Armenian showbiz portal Starmenia.

HAYQ's Qami Pchi can be downloaded at this site www.starmenia.eu/hayq

This is the first official legal release of the song, and unlike the pirated versions that have been spreading around, this is not a low quality mp3 release. It's a high quality file (192kbps) WITH the extended "zurna" bit.

All profits will go towards the HAYQ project, which the group and I are very dedicated to continue. We look forward to every fan's support :-)

OK it is them smile.gif

#16 Boghos

Boghos

-= Mr Nobility =-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Interests:literature, cinema, chess, history

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:10 AM

Hrant! Great guy.

#17 Mica

Mica

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 05:38 AM

ohh...c'mon ppplllll!!!!!..do not say they sound good!!!...everyone here can't stand their music...the girl is good, but the song and the other things are baaad!!!!!....mama jan!!!..prekeq mez ayd yergits!!!

#18 Proud EXPAT

Proud EXPAT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE(Mica @ Jun 20 2006, 05:38 AM)  
ohh...c'mon ppplllll!!!!!..do not say they sound good!!!...everyone here can't stand their music...the girl is good, but the song and the other things are baaad!!!!!....mama jan!!!..prekeq mez ayd yergits!!!

cant stand their music? you living in the same country i live in? armenia? youre either deaf, hate music that gets extremely popular or you are mika the producer of hay tgheq. jealousy in armenians, nothing new.

#19 Mica

Mica

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:23 PM

heey..nope...I'm noone's producer, and I'm not jealeaus at all!!!....
I just think that video and that band have that "QYARTU/RABIS" style which me and many others hate!!!.. I mean the style.Though I mostly listen to rock music, but I DO like other styles, pop/hip-hop/dance/national etc..e.g. I love Andre's song,I love Britney Spears, I like Harout Pambouckchian,Tata Simonian, Black Eyed Peas,Sirusho etc....but I do not like HAYQ's music and style, they tried to copy those shitty ones like 50 Cent... I'd like ppl to like music of higher quality...

#20 Vanetsi

Vanetsi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 12:16 PM

This is a "by the way:" I've been told that Hrant and Gayane are of Ethiopian descent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users