Oysters ha smile.gif

You can spot a newlywed

#22 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 17 November 2004 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (vava @ Nov 17 2004, 10:07 PM)
Rogers chocolates are yum-yum-yummy! Even TDW thought they were great! smile.gif

Oysters are my favourite weekend food. I have only recently starting noticing the difference in the various varieties - so many to choose from! drool.gif Sorry to high-jack your (ego) thread Eve jan...  forgive?

Vavachka, don't ever apologize for anything, you are exempt from any wrongdoings. Oysters are my absolute favorite food, especially Kumamoto oysters. I tried those at a spectacular restaurant in Boston. They are so tender and buttery and taste like slices of a fresh melon, simply sublime!

Vavchka, in your case I have to say that life has displayed its unfairness to me once again. You love oysters, you can cook, you like Kundera, you share my feelings about the unbearable complexity of Umberto's writing, you are well traveled, well spoken, well rounded, you know how to dance salsa, you like Gotan Project, you are an expert in Mac and you are always attentive to me....but you are married. So I have a minor request, since we are in my corner I feel brave enough to make any proposition I please...Will you consider having an e-affair with me? Please reply with caution I have a very sensitive heart.

#23 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 17 November 2004 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (Azat @ Nov 17 2004, 02:20 PM)
I afraid to ask if it was the whip or the chocolate that got you excited. wink.gif

Vonts es poncho?

I'll just keep you guessing. Lavem poncho, when can I dive into your pile of leaves?

#24 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 17 November 2004 - 10:46 PM

Give me 2 minutes. let me bring all the leaves in to my bedroom. wink.gif

----

I apologize in advance for my rude comments.

Edited by Azat, 17 November 2004 - 10:47 PM.

#25 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (Azat @ Nov 18 2004, 12:46 AM)
Give me 2 minutes.  let me bring all the leaves in to my bedroom. wink.gif

----

I apologize in advance for my rude comments.

AHAHAHAH! Only if you recite this poem to me...

My love is as a fever, longing still
For that which longer nurseth the disease,
Feeding on that which doth preserve the ill,
The uncertain sickly appetite to please.
My reason, the physician to my love,
Angry that his prescriptions are not kept,
Hath left me, and I desperate now approve
Desire is death, which physic did except.
Past cure I am, now reason is past care,
And frantic-mad with evermore unrest;
My thoughts and my discourse as madmen's are,
At random from the truth vainly express'd;
For I have sworn thee fair and thought thee bright,
Who art as black as hell, as dark as night.

#26 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 10:54 PM

do you want me to recite it forwards or backwards? smile.gif (you the bomb kiddo)

#27 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (vava @ Nov 17 2004, 06:07 PM)
Rogers chocolates are yum-yum-yummy! Even TDW thought they were great! smile.gif

Vava jan, just in case Harut does not know what TDW is would you mind taking a second and telling him

#28 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (Azat @ Nov 18 2004, 12:56 AM)
Vava jan, just in case Harut does not know what TDW is would you mind taking a second and telling him

Using Harut as the scapegoat when you are the inquisitive mind? I don't know what it is either. There I am brave enough, I admit my ignorance when it comes to secret abbreviations.

#29 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 10:59 PM

You know what I realized? Here apartments mostly appear as confinements. They are located in dark brown brick buildings, which are positioned in close proximity of one another, adorned only with gloomy black fire escapes. Windows are rather small and lack character, which is to be expected from the bleak exteriors of the buildings. To add to the cheerful façade, the apartments themselves are not much different in their composition. Rooms are usually stuffy and most of the time dark, since sunlight is blocked due to the neighboring buildings, which tower over what appears to be a slight chunk of a somewhat blue sky. Space is often compromised due to the overflowing population. So you have low ceilings, stuffy air usually either saturated with air conditioning or with radiators which do just that, radiate stuffy heat. To top it off the fact that there are smokers infusing the air of their apartments with more heat and contamination doesn’t help the existing stuffiness.

#30 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 11:00 PM

thanks for exposing my stupidity to Vava. I had fooled him to believe I was smart. cry.gif crybaby.gif

#31 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 11:05 PM

Another sketch from Bill Hicks:

===================
Bill: I've been travelling a lot lately. I was over in Australia during Easter. It was interesting to note that they celebrate Easter the same way as we do - commemorating the death and resurrection of Jesus by telling our children a giant bunny rabbit left chocolate eggs in the night.

Audience laughs.

Bill: I wonder why we're so messed up as a race? You know, I've read the Bible - can't find the words "bunny" or "chocolate" in the whole book.

Audience laughs.

Bill: Where do we get this stuff from? And why those two things? Why not "goldfish left Lincoln logs in our sock drawers"? I mean, as long as we are making things up, why not go hog wild?

Audience laughs and applauds.

Bill: I think it's interesting how people act on their beliefs. A lot of Christians, for instance, wear crosses around their necks. Nice sentiment, but do you think that when Jesus comes back, heís really going to want to look at a cross?

Audience laughs. Bill makes a face of pain and horror.

Bill: Ow. Maybe that's why he hasn't shown up yet ...

Audience laughs.

Bill: (as Jesus looking down from heaven) I'm not going, Dad, no, they're still wearing crosses - they totally missed the point. When they start wearing fishes, I might go back again ... no, I'm not going ... OK, I'll tell you what - I'll go back as a bunny ...

#32 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (anileve @ Nov 17 2004, 11:31 PM)
Vavchka, in your case I have to say that life has displayed its unfairness to me once again. You love oysters, you can cook, you like Kundera, you share my feelings about the unbearable complexity of Umberto's writing, you are well traveled, well spoken, well rounded, you know how to dance salsa, you like Gotan Project, you are an expert in Mac and you are always attentive to me....but you are married. So I have a minor request, since we are in my corner I feel brave enough to make any proposition I please...Will you consider having an e-affair with me? Please reply with caution I have a very sensitive heart.

Wow! In public like this??? ohmy.gif wink.gif
I've never had an e-proposal before <flattered> inlove.gif smoke.gif I must admit it's a very tempting proposition. Must I answer right away?

#33 vava

vava

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 10:03 AM

I'll let you guys work out what TDW means. tongue.gif

#34 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 09:13 PM

All the ideals which men generally think are realities, you have learned to see through; you have learned that they are your ideals. Whether you have originated them, which is unlikely, or have accepted somebody else's ideals, makes no difference. They are your ideals just so far as you accept them. The priest is reverend only so far as you reverence him. If you cease to reverence him, he is no longer reverend for you. You have power to make and unmake priests as easily as you can make and unmake gods. You are the one of whom the poet tells, who stands unmoved, though the universe fall in fragments about you.
And all the other ideals by which men are moved, to which men are enslaved, for which men afflict themselves, have no power over you; you are no longer afraid of them, for you know them to be your own ideals, made in your own mind, for your own pleasure, to be changed or ignored, just as you choose to change or ignore them. They are your own little pets, to be played with, not to be feared.

This is true. But he doesn't say WHY. And this makes his argument rethorical.

Everyone is free to use every idea as his own because the world of ideas exists independent of the human being. It is alive, it developes and breaths. During the whole course fo human existence we have borrowed from that world. When someone gives you an idea you don't take it from him/her. You find it in the world of ideas an adapt it to your Ego.

"The State" or "The Government" is idealized by the many as a thing above them, to be reverenced and feared. They call it "My Country," and if you utter the magic words, they will rush to kill their friends, whom they would not injure by so much as a pin scratch, if they were not intoxicated and blinded by their ideal. Most men are deprived of their reason under the influence of their ideals. Moved by the ideal of "religion" or "patriotism" or "morality," they fly at each others' throats - they, who are otherwise often the gentlest of men! But their ideals are for them like the "fixed ideas" of lunatics. They become irrational and irresponsible under the influence of their ideals. They will not only destroy others, but they will quite sink their own interests, and rush madly to destroy themselves as a sacrifice to the all-devouring ideal. Curious, is it not, to one who looks on with a philosophical mind?

This is hypocricy because there are no people free of group consciousness. If you free yourself from one group you will find yourself in another. He himself uses the goods provided by the existence of government. Only a true follower of ascetism could speak about the negativities of group consciousness with pure mind.

But the egoist has no ideals, for the knowledge that his ideals are only his ideals, frees him from their domination. He acts for his own interest, not for the interest of ideals. He will neither hang a man nor whip a child in the interest of "morality," if it is disagreeable to him to do so.
He has no reverence for "The State." He knows that "The Government" is but a set of men, mostly as big fools as he is himself, many of them bigger. If the State does things that benefit him, he will support it; if it attacks him and encroaches on his liberty, he will evade it by any means in his power, if he is not strong enough to withstand it. He is a man without a country.

An Egoists ideal is his Ego. So he is an idealist as well. This was a simple mistake.

"The Flag," that most men adore, as men always adore symbols, worshipping the symbol more than the principle it is supposed to set forth, is for the egoist but a rather inharmonious piece of patch-work; and anybody may walk on it or spit on it if they will, without exciting his emotion any more than if it were a tarpaulin that they walked upon or .spat upon. The principles that it symbolizes, he will maintain as far as it seems to his advantage to maintain them; but if the principles require him to kill people or be killed himself, you will have to demonstrate to him just what benefit he will gain by killing or being killed, before you can persuade him to uphold them.

I can't understand what he wants to say. I could bring some examples of similar women like Madelaine Albight or Condoleza Rice.

#35 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (anileve @ Nov 16 2004, 09:26 PM)
Let me know how you feel about this marvelous piece, and then tell me if you consider yourself an egoist in in the true sense of ideology as it was meant to be.

Eve jan, this piece is a simple post-Modernist American recycling of some borrowed ideas presented in rather inconsistent way.

First, let me say that I think that the goal of the existence of human civilization is to make the human being a true Egoist: a totaly free being, free from everything. Yes, I want to become that kind of Egoist but I am not. I am still very weak for that and I don't have the necessary life experience to consider that seriously.

#36 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 01:18 AM

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Eve. for two days I have been hiding under the leaves. When are you going to jump in?

#37 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 01:19 AM

Vava jan, this is torture bud. I have even googled +TDW + chocolate and I still cant find what it means and now I am going nuts.

#38 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (Azat @ Nov 20 2004, 12:18 AM)
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Eve. for two days I have been hiding under the leaves.  When are you going to jump in?

can;t we just UPS teh leaves to Ani ??? or Azat ??

#39 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 01:41 AM

Can we just UPS me and I will find leaves there for Ani...

#40 vava

vava

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 01:42 AM

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users