38 replies to this topic

#1 Artur

Artur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 April 2001 - 06:35 PM

Who opened this forum??? :::)))
And what are you going to discuss here??? Who is better Ricky Martin or Hayko or something... ::))

Xndaluc mera... :))

Anyways, hope to see some kind of proper topic rather than something feminist. ;) By the way, i really believe there are no feminists in this forum and even an armenian, not our girls type ;)

Good luck!
Artur

#2 DoC

DoC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Quite interesting.

Posted 09 April 2001 - 07:44 AM

As a pro-feminist, male, heterosexual, armenian, I have only one thing to say....YOU GO GIRLS!!!!

#3 Artur

Artur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 April 2001 - 11:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DoC:
As a pro-feminist, male, heterosexual, armenian, I have only one thing to say....YOU GO GIRLS!!!!

Good sence of humour, bro )

#4 Gayane

Gayane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 April 2001 - 09:08 PM

Artur: Who opened this forum??? :: ))

Gayane: I did

Artur: And what are you going to discuss here??? Who is better Ricky Martin or Hayko or something... : )

Gayane: Not exactly

Artur: Xndaluc mera... )

Gayane: Yesel

Artur: Anyways, hope to see some kind of proper topic rather than something feminist.

Gayane: You're welcome to open up threads of your own topics and ensure their being "proper"

Artur: By the way, i really believe there are no feminists in this forum and even an armenian, not our girls type

Gayane: Depends on your definition of feminism, doesn't it? But yes, I'll have to agree, there are no feminists on this board, not yet anyhow...

Artur: Good luck!

Gayane: Thank you!

Gayane: P.S. Is it me or was Doc really not joking?...lol

[ April 10, 2001: Message edited by: Gayane ]

#5 Artur

Artur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 April 2001 - 11:28 AM

Gayan, what was that all about? : ))))))

By the way, what made you to open this forum, what are the objective? Or our women became so modern that they can discuss their issues publically... a? And what issues? When to get married, when to have a kid, how to wash the clothes, how to cook... hehe.

Anyways, don't take it personally i am just kidding, and good luck with this forum.

By the way if you are to open the cooking forum, i will join you, teach me how to cook Armenian Gharit (fried potato). So far i can only make a Fried/Scrumblled Egg and Khorovats.

Always whowing the highest respect to Armenian girls,
Artur

[ April 11, 2001: Message edited by: Artur ]

#6 DoC

DoC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 April 2001 - 06:37 AM

Nope, I wasn't joking...I'm glad this forum opened up. Interested to see what a lot of armenian women (and men) have to say.
As I said before...YOU GO GIRLS!!

#7 DoC

DoC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 April 2001 - 12:14 PM

Ok Artur,
I think I get the general idea of where you stand with regards to a "woman's place." So let me pose this question:
Do you think it's ok for a husband/boyfriend to hit his wife/girlfriend? Even in the most extreme circumstances, say like she cheats on him....is it ever justified? Just curious what you think....

#8 Kazza

Kazza

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Chatting, Getting to know people, studying reading playing/listening to all types of music, relaxing, generally having a great time and enjoying life!!!

Posted 12 April 2001 - 02:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Artur:
Who opened this forum??? :: ))
And what are you going to discuss here??? Who is better Ricky Martin or Hayko or something... : )

Good luck!
Artur

Tell you what though. I used to like Ricky Martin, until I saw him in his last video - he loves himself ever since, he thinks he's the business! And back to the highlights now.

#9 Kazza

Kazza

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Chatting, Getting to know people, studying reading playing/listening to all types of music, relaxing, generally having a great time and enjoying life!!!

Posted 12 April 2001 - 02:58 PM

POW! BAM! SLAP! BA-BOOM!

"A woman's work is never done!"

#10 Artur

Artur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 April 2001 - 03:57 PM

DoC. If you want my opinion, i will give you. I think it is worst to hit a wife. If person hits his wife being just drunk or whatsoever, there is no explanation for him, it is disgrace. This is the first part of my answer.
The second part, as you ask if woman cheats. If a wife cheats, even though i cannot picture this in regard to my family or my relatives, i think she deserve a death or at least husband should through her away back to her parents. And i am serious when i say this, if you think of a wife as the mother of your children, then what kind of explanation can there be for her to cheat on her husband. It says only one thing: she doesn't deserve to be a mother of your children and moreover can't be your wife. She does not care about her kids and husband but cares more about her sexual fantasies. This is detestable and moreover unforgivable. However, in the case of girlfriend, then i think just to get rid of her will do, not a big thing.

DoC, this is my opinion and my point of view and as you wanted to know i explained my position.

Regards,
Artur

#11 ARMINE36

ARMINE36

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 April 2001 - 04:24 PM

Artur, just a curious thought, how would you feel if you found out your dad or just any other man in your family and relatives has cheated on their wives or girlfriends? What would you think about that???

#12 Pilafhead

Pilafhead

Music Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:Music, Family, Music, Food, Music, Beer, Music

Posted 18 April 2001 - 10:26 PM

Go ahead, Armine, kick the hornet's nest!!!

#13 Artur

Artur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 April 2001 - 11:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ARMINE36:
Artur, just a curious thought, how would you feel if you found out your dad or just any other man in your family and relatives has cheated on their wives or girlfriends? What would you think about that???

How would i feel? Probably wouldn't feel or complain. Its their business, if they cheat or don't and if their wives know or don't. Moreover, i won't be able to argue with them. Kids don't teach elders, elders teach kids. And at the end of the day, all of my uncles have wives and kids and I can't judge what they do.

Gob be with You,

Artur

#14 ARMINE36

ARMINE36

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 April 2001 - 11:30 AM

What I meant was that you judged the women so harshly because of their unfaithfulness, would you do the same thing to the men? Would you think less of them like you would for the women? Or is unfaithfullnes okay for men??

[ April 19, 2001: Message edited by: ARMINE36 ]

#15 Artur

Artur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 April 2001 - 01:31 AM

Well, i gave you my poinion if a wife cheats. I cannot tell what we should do if a man cheats because i am not a woman, and therfore cannot say how i'd feel )

But i'd never do that, never!!

Artur

[ May 04, 2001: Message edited by: Gayane ]

#16 DoC

DoC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 April 2001 - 06:58 AM

Yes Artur,
But doesn't God view cheating the same way for both men and women? If you are truly as faithful as you claim to be, shouldn't you be as harsh on husbands who chear as you are on wives who cheat? Hmmm....I smell a bit of hypocracy...

#17 Artur

Artur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 April 2001 - 07:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DoC:
Hmmm....I smell a bit of hypocracy...

)

Notice, i did not comment about men cheating and haven't said anything for or against that. Thus, it is totally wrong calling me a hypocrat...

AA

#18 DoC

DoC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 April 2001 - 09:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Artur:
)

Notice, i did not comment about men cheating and haven't said anything for or against that. Thus, it is totally wrong calling me a hypocrat...

AA

Ever heard of the old proverb:
"Silence implies consent"? Yes my fine feathered friend, you are living by what is typically known as: THE DOUBLE STANDARD.

#19 Artur

Artur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 April 2001 - 10:20 AM

DoC, you are so non-stopable, but check this:

Armine: would you do the same thing to the men?

Artur: silent.

DoC: "Silence implies consent"!

DoC: Double Standard!

Artur: do you really understand the meaning of the proverb????

: )

But, I think silence does not mean disagreement or agreement.

Artur

#20 DoC

DoC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 April 2001 - 07:49 AM

Ok, I promise not to get nasty... My point is this:

When asked if a wife cheats on her husband, Artur, you said: "If a wife cheats, even though i cannot picture this in regard to my family or my relatives, i think she deserve a death or at least husband should through her away back to her parents. And i am serious when i say this, if you think of a wife as the mother of your children, then what kind of explanation can there be for her to cheat on her husband."

When asked if a husband cheats on his wife, Artur, you responded: "How would i feel? Probably wouldn't feel or complain. Its their business, if they cheat or don't and if their wives know or don't. Moreover, i won't be able to argue with them. Kids don't teach elders, elders teach kids. And at the end of the day, all of my uncles have wives and kids and I can't judge what they do."

Ok, so you just set a double standard. Your bottom line is: If wife cheats on husband, then she should be killed or sent back to her parents. If husband cheats on wife, well, who cares?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users