#21 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE (axel @ May 27 2004, 07:47 AM)
Well make no mistake about it, this is an outrageous attack on Sip's gender-classification skills.

And I'm sure you're very concerned about Sip's feelings. rolleyes.gif

#22 axel

axel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 05:43 AM

Are you not? rolleyes.gif

#23 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 06:13 AM

I know Sip better than you do. So stuff it. rolleyes.gif

#24 axel

axel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 06:33 AM

My mistake, I shouldn't waste my time with mentally-retarded ricains who need smileys and recorded laughs to recognize humor. rolleyes.gif

#25 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Interests:Art, Yoga, Spirituality

Posted 27 May 2004 - 07:35 AM

Axel and Stormig, please chill. Althought this thread is about violence you don't have to show examples tongue.gif

#26 axel

axel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 07:50 AM

Actually I suppose this was all masterminded by Stormig to serve as a dissuasive illustration of what verbal violence may actually lead to: "Forum environmentalist" Sasun's pacifying intervention. Quite an awful perspective indeed considering her aversion towards ecologists.

#27 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (Armat @ May 26 2004, 11:09 PM)
I tend to disagree Sasun,German,european, economies were in bad shape before ww2 and this fact alone was a justification enough for Nazis to start ww2 weather logical or not.I am talking more in terms of rejuvinating aspects of post war realities.There is great amount of evidance to support it.

Well, yes, as soon as war ends there is rejuvenation. It is the same with illness, as soon as illness is cured rejuvenation starts. But was the illness necessary to be healthy? That is the question.
In case of the economies, who is to say that had there not been WW2 the European economies would not be growing. It is more likely that without the tremendous human and material losses caused by the war Europe would have a better economy in the post-1945 period. The economy was not in good shape before the war, but at the end of the war it was much worse. So they had to start from a much lower base than before.

#28 sev-mard

sev-mard

As it was in the beginning, so it shall be...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 11:21 AM

Sex and Violence two of the most base human activities involving other humans. They are instinctual as well, and maybe that's why it's so fascinating to all the denizens of the planet. And many times they blur and cross, sex and violence. So there will never be a time that we dont' have people participating in them, or actively watching them. I think it takes more "energy" to be peaceful in this world, seeing as the average Joe next to you is not in control of himself and will force you to eventually go up side his head. tongue.gif
Many ppl are drawn to violence and of course via games and movies and especially the news we are becoming less and less affected by violence. So in the end this may lead to more and more violence but then again it already does and has.

#29 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (axel @ May 27 2004, 01:50 PM)
Actually I suppose this was all masterminded by Stormig to serve as a dissuasive illustration of what verbal violence may actually lead to: "Forum environmentalist" Sasun's pacifying intervention. Quite an awful perspective indeed considering her aversion towards ecologists.

Stop talking through the other end of your alimentary canal, you heard Sasun. biggrin.gif wink.gif

#30 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (sev-mard @ May 27 2004, 05:21 PM)
Sex and Violence two of the most base human activities involving other humans. They are instinctual as well, and maybe that's why it's so fascinating to all the denizens of the planet. And many times they blur and cross, sex and violence. So there will never be a time that we dont' have people participating in them, or actively watching them. I think it takes more "energy" to be peaceful in this world, seeing as the average Joe next to you is not in control of himself and will force you to eventually go up side his head. tongue.gif
Many ppl are drawn to violence and of course via games and movies and especially the news we are becoming less and less affected by violence. So in the end this may lead to more and more violence but then again it already does and has.

The instinct to compete and succeed, perhaps?

#31 sev-mard

sev-mard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 11:54 AM

It could be seen in that way. I'm also speaking more from a male perspective as well. Sex and Violence are definately at the forefront instinctively dghamarder hamar. happy.gif

#32 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (Stormig @ May 27 2004, 11:32 AM)
The instinct to compete and succeed, perhaps?

Those can be done without violence as in Taiwan, Japan very competitive societies but little violence in proportion to their population size.
I think this is more of an American culture or lack of it that violence substitute rational alternatives.
Think also about Bush's approach to Iraq-very violent and it did not have to be that way.
What can US export other then violence and consumerism and more consumerism mediocre base for healthy society.

#33 sev-mard

sev-mard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (Armat @ May 27 2004, 12:02 PM)
Those can be done without violence as in Taiwan, Japan very competitive societies but little violence in proportion to their population size.

I don't know about Taiwan, but I've lived in and studied Japan for years. The amount of suicides(self violence) and sexual perversion are obsencely high. You'd be shocked. There is also a lot of undercurrent violence, not crime as we imagine, but numerous hazing deaths in schools, abuse of the elderly, girls being conscripted into prostitution by other underage girls?! Humanity can't help itself, it may not be overt like in America, but that violent nature does seep out.

#34 sev-mard

sev-mard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (Armat @ May 27 2004, 12:02 PM)
I think this is more of an American culture or lack of it that violence substitute rational alternatives.

I do wholeheartedly agree with this however. We have a "Culture of Violence" here in America that is very strong. I think media has a big part in it. Many times by over publicising criminal and violent activity I believe that the media gives ideas to people who were on the fence, but when given so much access to the deeds of other killers and violent people, they have so many new ideas for their own works.

#35 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (Armat @ May 27 2004, 06:02 PM)
Think also about Bush's approach to Iraq-very violent and it did not have to be that way.
What can US export other then violence and consumerism and more consumerism mediocre base for healthy society.

Oh my gosh, you can't be serious about Taiwan!! Have you not seen them quarrelling in their parliament, resorting to physical violence, men and women alike? I've seen it on TV. blink.gif

#36 sev-mard

sev-mard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 01:17 PM

starwars.gif blow.gif starwars.gif argue.gif

#37 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 07:13 PM

I would like to put it simply - violence is an animal instinct, and like every other animal instinct it is bad for us evolved human beings.

#38 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Stormig @ May 27 2004, 12:38 PM)
Oh my gosh, you can't be serious about Taiwan!! Have you not seen them quarrelling in their parliament, resorting to physical violence, men and women alike? I've seen it on TV. blink.gif

You know what I meant-scale of violance.US has probably more prisoners in jails then any orther developed nations.

#39 Bakersfieldian

Bakersfieldian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (Armat @ May 28 2004, 02:00 AM)
You know what I meant-scale of violance.US has probably more prisoners in jails then any orther developed nations.

and more by the day.
I'ts big business.

Report: 1 of Every 75 U.S. Men in Prison

#40 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (Armat @ May 26 2004, 11:42 AM)
... gagsta Rap ...

Armat I think you're on to something with that ... since it's a very proper term for it because I also tend to gag when I hear gangsta rap sometimes. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users