Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 13 August 2006 - 02:03 PM

Dear Hijabbed.
Is the hijab used to cover a woman's hair?
I have lived in Muslim countries and heard stories, in fact I have seen, that when a Muslim woman hears footsteps and sees a man approaching she will lift her skirt to cover her hair and in the process expose that other hair.
Is the word "hijab" based on "haj" and "ab(a)" , that is "pilgrimage coat"?

#22 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE(hijabbed @ Aug 12 2006, 05:00 PM) View Post
LOL ok. But im not so naive so i'll have to see these 2 memers in action before I jump to any conclusions tongue.gif biggrin.gif

You are not naive, lucky you I wish I was like you. smile.gif
Now tell me is it true what Arpa is telling us about those women who lift their dresses up to cover their head and expose their you know what? blush.gif

#23 hijabbed

hijabbed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 05:52 AM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Aug 13 2006, 02:03 PM) View Post
Dear Hijabbed.
Is the hijab used to cover a woman's hair?
I have lived in Muslim countries and heard stories, in fact I have seen, that when a Muslim woman hears footsteps and sees a man approaching she will lift her skirt to cover her hair and in the process expose that other hair.
Is the word "hijab" based on "haj" and "ab(a)" , that is "pilgrimage coat"?

I seriously dont know where you guys are hearing these stories from. Its worrying because you're not able to understand the true meaning behind the actions/beliefs of Muslims.

Hijab or ħijāb (Arabic: حجاب) is the Arabic term for "barrier".
In some Arabic-speaking countries and Western countries, the word hijab primarily refers to a headscarf worn by many Muslim women. But in Islamic scholarship, hijab is usually taken to mean modest dress and demeanour in general. The word used in the Qu'ran for a headscarf or veil is khimar (Arabic: خمار).

The Hijab has many virtues. In fact the hijab is a virtue! It is an act of obedience, it is modesty, it is purity, it is a sheild against evil etc.

And the thing you mentioned about women covering their hair and revealing their private areas...that is total bs. what would be the point in that? its disgusting! if i was in such situation where i could only cover either my hair or my private areas-id cover my private areas. its simply logical...islam is logical.

Heres a link related to hijab ---> prohijab

#24 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:24 AM

The Hijab has many virtues. In fact the hijab is a virtue! It is an act of obedience, it is modesty, it is purity, it is a shield against evil etc.

Listen! Hijab, he-jab, she-jab, left jab, right jab or whatever the "huck" jab your name is.
I could tell you what to do with your “hijab” but there are ladies here. Whether it is used to cover your private parts or your pubic oops.gif , I mean public smile.gif , regardless, you can stuff it up your…
We are Christians, we believe in the equality of genders, we have as many female saints as male ones, WE prefer them to be non-”obedient“ and non-”modest“, we would much rather have them as equals. How many female saints does your religion have? We don’t believe that the female be “obedient” and “modest“ but an equal partner. After all, our mothers and sisters are female.
We, Armenians need NOT!!! another god, allah, jehovah, deo, theo like another hole in our…. heads.
How dare you come in here, in this sacred house of HyeForum and preach to us about the virtues of Islam! Do we come to your mosque and preach about the virtues of the Jesus Cult, or would we be six feet under for doing so? You come here preaching about Islamic “tolerance” when we have lost so many preachers who even dared to preach to your kind.
There are as many gods, allahs as there are people, like 6 billion?
Please keep your “hijab” to cover your private and pubic areas and let us choose which allah to believe in. BTW. Allah is not a muslim invention, it was there, along with “elihu” even when the Arabs were polytheistic.
Of all the gods, allahs, deo-s and theo-s. Make a choice;
I have turned many a Jehovah’s and Mormons away from my door with words like, “Listen! We have been Christians long before you even learned to spell the word. Now! Get the hell out of my door before I call the police and claim harassment.
How many gods are there?
http://www.sanatanso...d_goddesses.htm

I would much rather have her. Observe her “hijab”;
http://www.lotusscul...om/parvati1.htm

I just read an article in one the major weeklies about why some westerners are converting to Islam.
Please note that, regardless of the author’s conclusions, man of those so called “converts” were, at one time or other devout Christians subscribed to that Judeo-Christian mythological\BS and were disillusioned , unlike the likes of me, and 99.9 % Armenian agnostic who would not give a rat’s arse about Hebrew mythology. If one does not believe in that Hebrew BS why would one search another faith? Is not being alive and being 00000000001% (did I have enough zero’s?)of humanity enough!?
Here is that article. ;
http://www.time.com/...1229125,00.html

Allah's Recruits
Why more and more Westerners are converting to Islam and, in some cases, pursuing an extremist pathBy JUMANA FAROUKY / LONDON
Posted Sunday, Aug. 20, 2006
Jamal Harwood prays five times a day. He doesn't drink, smoke or eat pork. He's active in his local Muslim community, and he's very serious about the need for an Islamic state. But if you passed him on the street, you would have no idea. Not just because Harwood, a financial consultant in London, wears a suit instead of traditional Muslim dress. Or because he keeps his beard cropped fashionably close. But because he's white.
Born in Vancouver, Harwood used to be a model Christian, studying the Bible, attending church and taking religion classes at school. "But I had certain reservations," he says, "certain question marks in my mind--some theological, some societal--that I wanted to reconcile." He went to Southeast Asia to find himself and explored Islam there. At 25 he settled in London, where friends helped him learn more about the faith. A year later, he converted and soon joined Hizb ut-Tahrir, a political party known for its radical views that is banned in many Muslim countries. Harwood, 45, is now a spokesman for the group; he says it is opposed to terrorism. Although his life choices may make him an object of scrutiny by his government--Hizb ut-Tahrir has been on Britain's watch list since the July 2005 terrorist attacks in London--he has no regrets. "I found that Islam was giving me good, solid answers to my questions," he says. "It wasn't difficult for me to embrace it."
That sentiment rings true for growing numbers of Westerners, reared on other faiths or none at all, who are converting to Islam--despite the fact that relations between the Muslim world and the West have rarely seemed so strained. Although figures on conversions to Islam in Western countries are difficult to nail down, it's safe to say that Muslim converts in the U.S. and Europe number in the hundreds of thousands, and anecdotal evidence suggests the number is on the rise. The arrest of at least three English converts in the plot to blow up passenger jets over the Atlantic has raised the troubling possibility that jihadist groups may be drawing some of their most committed operatives from the pool of new believers. "When converts are trying to find their way in their new religion, they are vulnerable to the influence of extremists," says Didier-Yacine Beyens, former president of Belgium's Muslim Executive and a convert. "They can sometimes be persuaded by radical preachers who claim to represent the 'true' voice of Islam, when in fact they represent nothing of the sort."
The vast majority of converts are, like the vast majority of Muslims, moderates who reject the extremism espoused by al-Qaeda and its ilk. But as with any religion, converts to Islam tend to be more devout than those born into the faith. And it's indisputable that some converts do, in fact, become terrorists, including shoe-bomb suspect Richard Reid; Jose Padilla, the Chicago native arrested four years ago for involvement in an alleged al-Qaeda plot to detonate a radiological bomb; and Germaine Lindsay, a Jamaican-born Briton who was one of the suicide bombers who attacked the London Underground last summer. "Originally, jihadist groups were suspicious of converts because they saw them as a way for intelligence forces to infiltrate," says Gustavo de Aristegui, a Spanish terrorism expert and the author of Jihad in Spain. "But they're realizing that ... someone with a Western last name and blue eyes is going to raise fewer suspicions. Converts can be virtually impossible to detect, especially if they have not revealed their conversion to their family."
So why do they do it? In this day and age, what kind of person is prone to explore religious conversion? And what is the attraction of Islam? The three British converts arrested two weeks ago have three things in common: all are men, all are described by people who know them as friendly, regular guys, and all are in their 20s. But the similarities pretty much end there. According to accounts from friends, Don Stewart-Whyte, who changed his name to Abdul Waheed, converted six months ago, giving up drugs and alcohol. He grew a beard, shaved his head and started wearing traditional Islamic dress. Friends say Brian Young, who is of West Indian descent, was troubled by the decadence of Western society. Oliver Savant, now called Ibrahim, has been a Muslim for some seven years and, friends say, never mentioned politics. "He just talked about soccer and general chitchat," says a friend.
The reasons converts give for making the change vary widely. But one common refrain is that in an increasingly secular world in which society's rules get looser by the day, Islam provides a detailed moral map covering everything from friendships to protecting the environment. And for Western youths, taking up Islam can also serve as an outlet for rebellion. A majority of converts, especially in Western Europe, are in their late teens or 20s. "Islam is a kind of refuge for those who are downtrodden and disenfranchised because it has become the religion of the oppressed," says Farhad Khosrokhavar, a Paris professor and the author of several books on Muslim extremism. "Previously--say, 20 years ago--they may have chosen communism or gone to leftist ideologies. Now Islam is the religion of those who fight against imperialism, who are treated unjustly by the arrogant Western societies and so on."
There's another appeal to converting to Islam: it's relatively easy. In Catholicism and Judaism, the conversion process can involve years of preparation and study. In Islam, the process is called reversion (because islam literally means "submission to God," believers hold that everyone is born Muslim), and it's mainly a matter of uttering a two-line declaration of faith, the Shahadah. Say the Shahadah aloud in Arabic, and the conversion is complete.
But being newcomers to the faith doesn't spare converts from the suspicions and pressures faced by Muslims in the West today. Ali Khan, the national director of the American Muslim Council in Chicago, says he once had to convince a recent convert's wife, who wasn't Muslim, that her husband wouldn't suddenly become a terrorist. "A lot of their families freak out at first," Khan says. He says another convert had to reassure his brother, who asked, "You're not going to kill me in my sleep, are you?" And yet there's little evidence that negative perceptions of Islam--fewer than 20% of Americans say they have a positive image of the religion, according to one poll--have had any effect on the rate of conversion. Instead, since 9/11, some mosques have seen a jump in the number of people converting to Islam. "Awareness of Islam is much greater now, whether positive or negative, than it was prior to September 11," says Khan. "People are becoming curious. Sometimes it starts when they just walk into a bookshop and start reading a Koran after hearing George Bush talking about it."
Ultimately, the path that most converts choose will be determined by the outcome of the larger struggle within Islam, between the forces of moderation and extremism. Abdula, 22, a tall, bearded Londoner of Ghanaian descent, was a devout Christian until a university friend introduced him to Islam. "I started researching more about it to try and find its faults," he says. "But I couldn't, and I was captured." Abdula (who won't give his last name) officially converted eight months ago. He supports equality for women and condemns terrorism, but he acknowledges that his perspective on the world is still taking shape. "These are my views, and you must understand they might not be correct because I'm always in need of guidance." The challenge for the West is to makes sure men like Abdula get the right kind

PLEASE GIVE UP! WE ARE ARMENIANS. WE DON'T NEED ALLAH, JEHOVAH, VISHNA OR ANY OTHER SHITVAH TO BE WHAT WE ARE. WE ARE WHAT WE ARE, NO MATTER ALLAH, JEHOVAH OR ANY OTHER SHITOVAH. AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT LIFT UP YOUR HIJAB TO COVER YOUR HEAD EVEN IF IN THE PROCESS EXPOSING YOUR PUBIC AREA.
And please don't tell me about the modesty of Muslim?Persian women. I have known them, not really, but some of my classmates have how flimsy and removable their "hijabs" are. I can name names.

Edited by Arpa, 26 August 2006 - 09:41 AM.

#25 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:16 PM

it is a sheild against evil

The evil of the human features, attraction, interaction and the unheard ability of looking beyond sex when seeing hair, is it not? I think what's evil is the level of perversion that is needed to excite man into doing the "immoral act" upon seeing the "special shine that hair reflects" -and that's how the Quran beaks it down-
AND the silent pervert that is the result of being reminded of his "sinnister nature" everytime he lays eyes on that screaming piece of fabric ceovering every one of the gentle sex, from the age of nine upwards.

its simply logical...islam is logical.

Sexual discrimination, polygomy, enslavement, dishonesty in intrapersonal faith and moral, the matter of the perfect divine as one with the rule of man's imperfect state, mandatory intolerance of "infidels" with permission and blessing of violence as repercussion...

All logical.

Facts first, tolerance second.

Edited by Zartonk, 26 August 2006 - 10:47 PM.

#26 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:30 PM

Guys guys what happened, I was having fun with this thread now its all serious matter.
Hey Hijabi don't listen to them just tell me is it really headscarf called "Himar" as in donkey in Arabic? smile.gif

#27 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:25 PM

http://www.apostatesofislam.com

#28 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:29 PM

Let's not forget that Islam has quite the fashion sense. Way ahead of its time.

Above, we have two Islamic women catching a tan.

Edited by Anonymouse, 29 August 2006 - 11:30 PM.

#29 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE(Anonymouse @ Aug 30 2006, 01:29 AM) View Post

Let's not forget that Islam has quite the fashion sense. Way ahead of its time.

Above, we have two Islamic women catching a tan.

Is this their nudist beach by any chance? tongue.gif
I can see their face. ohmy.gif

#30 zurderer

zurderer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:36 AM

in this sacred house of HyeForum

You should not swear at your sacred church of hyeforum. wink.gif

#31 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:48 AM

Hey Zurderer,

Not all of us here are hell-bent on antagonizing you. Some of us here wait for Turkey to "turn the next page" make amends and grow the regional economy in conjunction with Armenia. I may be a dreamer, but my family reached the pinnacles of worldly sucess under the Ottoman Sultans, without sacrificing their benevolence toward the Armenian masses. So I have a different perspective. As Rodney King stated "Can't we just all just get along?" Perhaps my drift toward Buddhism jades my perceptions, but Elif Safak, Orhan Pamuk and other Turks are trying to bridge the gap.

QUOTE(zurderer @ Sep 7 2006, 12:36 PM) View Post
You should not swear at your sacred church of hyeforum. wink.gif

Edited by phantom22, 07 September 2006 - 11:51 AM.

#32 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:00 PM

Some of us here wait for Turkey to "turn the next page" make amends and grow the regional economy in conjunction with Armenia.

Phantom, Turkey hasn't even opened the "book" yet. Despite signs of hope among the upcoming generation, the compatriots of Pamuk and Akcam remian the same society that shuns all self-assessment and most dialouge. Their government, on the other hand, is the same enitity that violates basic human liberties in the name of a law held to "protect" their founding figure, and the same that misrepresents heritage of Ottoman ethnic minorities as Seljuk etc. and the one that calls history a daydream.

We're ALL dreamers sir, but that intuitive righteous dream for uniting humanity should not cloud our bitter reality.

#33 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE(Zartonk @ Sep 7 2006, 07:00 PM) View Post
Phantom, Turkey hasn't even opened the "book" yet.

Hey Zartonk Jan are you saying that Phantom is not getting his lands back anytime soon? tongue.gif

#34 zurderer

zurderer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:35 AM

Guys this topic is about God, and sacredness of Hyeforum.

Turkey will not open that book, not because There is not Genocide, but because no country will like to open that type of book.

It is against to Turkey interest.

#35 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:38 AM

No nation willingly ever opens that book. It is usually happens only under duress.

QUOTE(zurderer @ Sep 8 2006, 05:35 AM) View Post
Guys this topic is about God, and sacredness of Hyeforum.

Turkey will not open that book, not because There is not Genocide, but because no country will like to open that type of book.

It is against to Turkey interest.

#36 zurderer

zurderer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:25 AM

It happened only once, and we both know what was the situation of germany.

#37 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:02 PM

Yes, Germany.

In the present case, it is in Turkey's interest to restore some semblance of what Turkey was under the Ottomans. A nation that wants to join Europe can be Moslem, but it must be cosmopolitan. That means having neighborhoods such as Pera (now Beyoglu) which are international centers of commerce and culture.

Just a note to you that the Native Americans are now making bug bucks running private casinos on their reservations. The US has apologized to the Japanese who were interred in WWII and attemoted to make amends. We can only forget the past if the present Turkish approach changes. Will a non-Moslem ever be considered an equal citizen in Turkey? Will the churches be allowed to fix their roofs? Will historic Armenian churches be restored in toto by competent Brits and Frenchmen/women. Or are incompetent Turkish restorers going to obliterate Armenian symbols during the restorations?

QUOTE(zurderer @ Sep 8 2006, 12:25 PM) View Post
It happened only once, and we both know what was the situation of germany.

Edited by phantom22, 08 September 2006 - 12:05 PM.

#38 zurderer

zurderer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 01:17 PM

In the present case, it is in Turkey's interest to restore some semblance of what Turkey was under the Ottomans.

Ottoman times are pasted, also ottomans were hated by EU, not liked. So a semblance of ottoman will not help Turkey.

A nation that wants to join Europe can be Moslem, but it must be cosmopolitan.

Like greeks, you are giving EU wish much credit. EU wish wont change turkish mentality. It can change some law but absolutely not mentality. That cosmoplitan thing, did you ever come istanbul?

That means having neighborhoods such as Pera (now Beyoglu) which are international centers of commerce and culture.

If they comes with money, noone will refuse it. Well maybe some moron but they do this for muslims(arabs) too.

Just a note to you that the Native Americans are now making bug bucks running private casinos on their reservations. The US has apologized to the Japanese who were interred in WWII and attemoted to make amends.

Apologise and accepting genocide law is totally two different thing. You cannot compare them.

We can only forget the past if the present Turkish approach changes.

Infact If turkey support ROA instead of azeris, you will forget half of past.

Will a non-Moslem ever be considered an equal citizen in Turkey?

I dont think this is realy a big issue. Of course If this citizen is turkish. Turkey is nationalist state. I remember a church is opened one weak ago.(Owners of church is orthox turks.If I remember correct.)

Will historic Armenian churches be restored in toto by competent Brits and Frenchmen/women. Or are incompetent Turkish restorers going to obliterate Armenian symbols during the restorations?

well sorry for this, these morons are also destroying turkish buildings too.

#39 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE(zurderer @ Sep 8 2006, 02:17 PM) View Post
Ottoman times are pasted, also ottomans were hated by EU, not liked. So a semblance of ottoman will not help Turkey.

Today, if Turks can prove that Christians are not punished in Turkey it will ease their entry into the EU.

Like greeks, you are giving EU wish much credit. EU wish wont change turkish mentality. It can change some law but absolutely not mentality. That cosmoplitan thing, did you ever come istanbul?
If they comes with money, noone will refuse it. Well maybe some moron but they do this for muslims(arabs) too.

If military and justices eased up, things would change. Many elderly Turks admit to what happened, even show National Geographic authors where Armenian bones were buried.

I stood at the edge of Rhodes and looked toward Turkey. Why would I want to enter the land where both of my grandfathers were killed? Why would I want to go back to Pera or to our community in the hinterland and see the grandious homes that were confiscated from us? Why would I want to see the routes where my mothers two infant siblings perished, starved to death? Why would I want to see the places that were in my grand-mother's and my mother's nightmares? No, I flew from Greece over Turkey to Yerevan. When my cousin went to Turkey she was stupid enough to tell the villagers who she was, and they spit on her.

Apologise and accepting genocide law is totally two different thing. You cannot compare them.

Turkey can defuse Genocide recognition if it comes to terms with confiscation of Christian properties past and present.

Infact If turkey support ROA instead of azeris, you will forget half of past.

Armenia wants to be part of the region. Turkey is stopping this.

I dont think this is realy a big issue. Of course If this citizen is turkish. Turkey is nationalist state. I remember a church is opened one week ago.(Owners of church is orthox turks.If I remember correct.)
well sorry for this, these morons are also destroying turkish buildings too.

Why does Turkey hire its own incompetents to restore thgese monuments. I am an expert on Turkish architecture. Yes, your bunglers are doing damage to Turkish monuments also.

#40 zurderer

zurderer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 01:59 PM

Today, if Turks can prove that Christians are not punished in Turkey it will ease their entry into the EU.

You have a romantic vision about EU. Turkey is too poor and too big. these are reasons for not accepting Turkey.

I stood at the edge of Rhodes and looked toward Turkey. Why would I want to enter the land where both of my grandfathers were killed? Why would I want to go back to Pera or to our community in the hinterland and see the grandious homes that were confiscated from us? Why would I want to see the routes where my mothers two infant siblings perished, starved to death? Why would I want to see the places that were in my grand-mother's and my mother's nightmares?

curiosity? What happened is happened to your ancestors, not you. would you loose anything?

Turkey can defuse Genocide recognition if it comes to terms with confiscation of Christian properties past and present.

Well,If Turkey accept genocide, most probably armenians will began a new campaign for properties and land, also Turkey cannot refuse anything If She accept genocide.(I should add accepting genocide will cripple turkish politic against armenia)

Armenia wants to be part of the region. Turkey is stopping this.

Armenia is part of the region, She is ally of iran and russia, and Turkey has no reason to help armenia.

do armenia peaciful against Turkey? no.

can you show me one reason to support ROA instead of azeris? no.

Why does Turkey hire its own incompetents to restore thgese monuments. I am an expert on Turkish architecture. Yes, your bunglers are doing damage to Turkish monuments also.

I dont know, most probably these gays are giving bribe or they are relatives of decision makers. After all corruption is one of biggest problem of Turkey.

Edited by zurderer, 08 September 2006 - 01:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users