I heard that but I'm not sure.
they don't mention it in the NEWS....

Any comments?

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2000 - 04:54 AM

Dear Nvard,

The rumors of my death are a little exaggerated.

Heydar Aliev

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2000 - 07:18 AM

Is it important?

heydar aliev is not important. It is important that the Americans loose control over Azerbaijan's government.

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2000 - 07:28 AM

But who will have control afterwards?

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2000 - 04:33 PM

lsek es vor hankarts satkets sra qelex utelu gnalu enk ?

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2000 - 04:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MJ:
But who will have control afterwards?

I think if there comes a government is Azerbaijan which is not western oriented and doesn't make the Russians angry the Gharabagh conflict would be solved

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2000 - 12:26 AM

Anyways, I hope he's in hell!!!!!!!
This is the best place for him!
Gosh...he was a very very WICKED man!
When i think about all those Armenian lives lost in Arcax........

HELL WITH HIM.....FOREVER

[This message has been edited by Nvard (edited October 06, 2000).]

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2000 - 03:45 AM

Iranyar,

The Gharabagh problem started and aggravated when Azerbaijan and Russia were in the same team, and the US had no influence there.

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2000 - 04:38 AM

Nvard,

Our fabler Vardan Aigektsi of XI Century (I think) has a fable, which sounds approximately like this:

“A king, which was notorious for oppressing the population sees a villager on his knees praying for his (king’s) life. He asks the villager why does he pray for him, since he hasn’t been a good king for the people. The villager replies that his father -the previous king- was also a bad one, and the villager cursed him, and the king died, and the son – the current king turned to be much worse. So he is praying that God give long life to the current king, because he is afraid the next one will be even worse.”

#10 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2000 - 04:49 AM

Dear Mj as I know the roots of Gharabagh conflict goes back to the time the Brittish controlled transcaucasia after the WWI but the current conflict of Gharabagh is started by APF who was Western and Turkish oriented.

My impression is that the most of Azeris from the republic of Azerbaijan, are not hostile to Armenians at all but since Azerbaijan is messing up wth the caspian oil, Russia and Iran want that the problems of Azerbaijan remain unsolved.

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2000 - 05:34 AM

Iranyar,

I agree with all of the statements in the last message, except the one on APF. When the current stage of the problem started, APF didn't exist. In fact, for an entire year, on the large scale, the Azeris behaved as if they didn’t care about Karabagh. The problem was started by the Kremlin, and the counterparty of Armenians in this conflict was the Kremlin, until they managed to “grow” Azeri national and political organization, to carry on the task.

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2000 - 09:56 AM

Is APF not the new name of Mosavat party?

#13 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2000 - 10:18 AM

No, Iranyar. APF stands for Azerbajan's Popular Front. It was initially setup as populist pro-Gorbachevian orgnization supporting, or as they would probably say - using the framework of "perestroika," much like the Armenian All-National Movement- HHSh. But later, the Kremlin lost its unconditional control over it ( as well as HHSh).

In the initial stage of the conflic - for an entire year, the Communist Party of Azerbaijan was the sole defender of Azarbeijan's sovereignty over Karabagh.

[This message has been edited by MJ (edited October 06, 2000).]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users