Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (Ani @ Feb 14 2009, 09:52 PM)
Harut, shnorhakalutyun xorhurdi hamar...
Arpa,
I know, it is very difficult to find information on our women...
But Thank you for the reply...smile.gif

Here are some more names.
http://www.gomidas.o...menianWomen.htm
Also search "Eddy Arnavoudian" . He has many literary critiques including our women, the likes of Dusap, Yesayan , Sybil, Kurghinian et al. Also search Shushan Aavgyan to see her excellent article about Kurghinian
To no forget the heroic mothers, sisters and daughters of Artsakh who not only kept the boys fed and nursed the wounded but also actively participated in battle, or simply kept the family safe while the fathers were away. Someone should compile a list of who, when and where of those heroines, if it has not yet been done.

Edited by Arpa, 15 February 2009 - 04:10 PM.

#22 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • Interests:Anything and Everything

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:39 PM

Ani jan I am so glad you inquire this information - now our dear Arpa has lots of new posts to do! will keep the old man busy for a while! smile.gif

#23 Armine

Armine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (Ani @ Feb 14 2009, 06:15 AM)
I did have other things in mind, and did research (internet only) to find sources, sent some emails, but no luck. I liked the idea of Women in politics very much, especially that it came with the new article from Armenianow.com...And I think it is a positive change, I don’t want to write or talk about trafficking, domestic violence, prostitution…some of my classmates are very excited about the above named topics…
Thanks again, for the info and the tips…smile.gif

How about the role of women in education, you can single out LA, and even conduct a few interviews after finding what great things Armenian women do in field of education in the Diaspora... just a thought.

#24 Ani

Ani

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:12 PM

I got "A" on my paper...I did it on Armenian women in politics...

Thank You everyone for your help...

Thank You Hyeforum...

#25 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:46 AM

Woo-Hoo!!! GREAT JOB! thumbup.gif cheers.gif smile.gif

#26 NoComment

NoComment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:36 PM

Congratulations Ani.

A huge and very interesting subject, if you could share to us a part of your work it will be great.

Woman are Life, they are indeed the ones who did suffered the most during the Genocide and are the ones who did all in order to survive efterwards by transmitting the Armenian
culture in the Diaspora.

In France, the "Gabouyd Khatch", "La Croix Bleu" is just an exemple = a part of the "Haj Oknoutiam Mioutioun" (HOM)
http://croixbleue-france.com/

#27 Louise

Louise

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 02:41 AM

[quote name='NoComment' date='May 9 2009, 11:36 PM' post='258532']
Congratulations Ani.

A huge and very interesting subject, if you could share to us a part of your work it will be great.

Woman are Life, they are indeed the ones who did suffered the most during the Genocide and are the ones who did all in order to survive efterwards by transmitting the Armenian
culture in the Diaspora.

In France, the "Gabouyd Khatch", "La Croix Bleu" is just an exemple = a part of the "Haj Oknoutiam Mioutioun" (HOM)
http://croixbleue-france.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am surprised that nobody talked of DIANA APCAR who was the only and first ambassador or the first republic of Armenia in JAPAN
She was a wonderful woman:

http://armenianstudi...y66/writer.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users