#21 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE(Sip @ Mar 24 2006, 07:58 PM) View Post
Yah but for some strange reason, I am defending religion now biggrin.gif ohmy.gif

Are you born again? You know what? ohmy.gif

#22 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE(sSebB @ Mar 24 2006, 07:59 PM) View Post
kwasny.gif how many more haters do we have to deal with?

This is the tip of the iceberg. biggrin.gif

#23 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE(sSebB @ Mar 24 2006, 06:59 PM) View Post
kwasny.gif how many more haters do we have to deal with?

Don't worry sSebB. God will take care of them in due time. tongue.gif

#24 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(Sip @ Mar 24 2006, 07:58 PM) View Post
Yah but for some strange reason, I am defending religion now biggrin.gif ohmy.gif

clap.gif

Edited by Anahid Takouhi, 24 March 2006 - 07:07 PM.

#25 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(Sip @ Mar 24 2006, 08:04 PM) View Post
Don't worry sSebB. God will take care of them in due time. tongue.gif

I knew you'll come around. tongue.gif

#26 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:42 PM

God won't punish them Sip, they will punish themselves.

1 Corinthians 4:12
We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it;

#27 voghormatz

voghormatz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:35 PM

My turkish brother knows better than all of you combined:

http://www.huffingto...-mu_b_9349.html

#28 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:33 PM

This is my last post to you, voghormatz:

Matthew 7:1-2
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

#29 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE(voghormatz @ Mar 24 2006, 10:35 PM) View Post
My turkish brother knows better than all of you combined:

http://www.huffingto...-mu_b_9349.html

Mr. Voghormatz or whatever I would have respected you if you claimed everything you said was your own conviction and understanding of things around you, but the minute you qouted someone else such as a radio host for your defence you became nothing but a dupe for that person.

I'm assuming that you're a young person who follows and gets directions from others and pretands as your own ideas. Since you're convinced your turkish brother knows more than all of us combined, why don't you do us a favour and join his forum and leave us in our dark ages.

If I were you I would take this advice.

#30 voghormatz

voghormatz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE(Yervant1 @ Mar 24 2006, 11:22 PM) View Post
Mr. Voghormatz or whatever I would have respected you if you claimed everything you said was your own conviction and understanding of things around you, but the minute you qouted someone else such as a radio host for your defence you became nothing but a dupe for that person.

I'm assuming that you're a young person who follows and gets directions from others and pretands as your own ideas. Since you're convinced your turkish brother knows more than all of us combined, why don't you do us a favour and join his forum and leave us in our dark ages.

If I were you I would take this advice.

I will.

Have a nice existance...and remember Santa loves you...each and every one.

tongue.gif

Btw, thanks for the censorship advice, you're following proudly in your ancestor's footsteps.
Inquisitors unite!

Me following others? Don't make me roll over in hysteria.

Oh gawd...

Edited by voghormatz, 24 March 2006 - 11:32 PM.

#31 voghormatz

voghormatz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE(sSebB @ Mar 24 2006, 10:33 PM) View Post
This is my last post to you, voghormatz:

Matthew 7:1-2
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Great.

Here's something I made up out of my ass:

"Bla bla bla bla bla. So sayeth the great salami"

#32 armjan

armjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE(voghormatz @ Mar 24 2006, 01:51 PM) View Post
Religion IS a form of mental illness...

That's the truth.

what makes you think that your conclusions are any better than theirs? What makes it more true?

Edited by armjan, 25 March 2006 - 12:39 AM.

#33 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE(armjan @ Mar 25 2006, 01:38 AM) View Post
what makes you think that your conclusions are any better than theirs? What makes it more true?

His turkish brother told him so. tongue.gif

#34 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 01:00 AM

lol Yerevant1 you're on fire man, 8.5 posts a day thumbsup.gif Keep it up

#35 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 09:12 AM

Geez - let's just pour more oil on the fire rolleyes.gif It seems some people enjoy seeing our nation divided.

#36 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 06:14 PM

vava, that's a bitterly apparent FACT.

#37 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE(voghormatz @ Mar 24 2006, 04:51 PM) View Post
http://news.yahoo.co...HNlYwN5bmNhdA--

I personally know a friend's sister who was a 7th day adventist who pretty much ran away to the mountains
because her husband was too "wordly".

Religion IS a form of mental illness...

That's the truth.

I love how people in their commited and childish wisdom think that they and they alone have somehow figured out the puzzle to the riddle of existence. Among the things in vogue these days aside from embracing the myths of egalitarianism and diversity, bashing Wal-Mart, and hating capitalism, is the myth that somehow religion is a mental illness, and that to be truly noble and enlightened like voghormatz, one must embrace secularism/atheism and all the other materialistic nonsense associated with the cult of reason. And so in the process, vainglory glazes the minds of men to form such snappy one-liners as "Religion IS a form of mental illness..." to proclaim how truly incandescent their wisdom is! Oh I bow before thee voghormatz, you all knowing sage of reason!

It's so simple and tempting to join the circus and bash some religion. Hell, even I support a little religion bashing every now and then, but then I am not as stupid as to believe that somehow the athiestic materialists are devoid of religion. Indeed, their's is the religion of anti-religion, better defined as the cult of reason, logic, and rationalism. In the process they have lost all sense of what science and reason stand for, turning rationality into rationalism, turning science into scientism, and making a dogma of evolution. In the process, they have forgotten that religion is natural to man, and that man by his very nature makes religion of everything. Men have made cults of The Beatles no less than they have made cults of God. Men have made cults of the State, no different than men have made cults of heaven. Are we forgetting that the 20th century alone was the biggest example of these materialistic religions on the march? The 20th century alone was defined as the century of how total the worship of the State became. People sincerely believed that they can establish their earthly utopias if they just believed a little less in God and a little more in the State, and so 200 million people alone destroyed in the government organized butcher fests of the 20th century.

So, here we have it, voghormatz in his wisdom has proclaimed the highest esoteric truth, and aren't we blessed to have access to the internet to have been able to witness this truly enchanting moment?

Edited by Anonymouse, 25 March 2006 - 10:58 PM.

#38 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:04 PM

I don't think rejection of religion automatically implies "reason" or "materialism". It may, but not necessarily. One could be quite spiritual (and unreasonable for that matter!) and not be at all religious.

As an example, of course the extreme also holds where one rejects all science, reason, logic, religion, and spirituality among other things. What is then left is basically an animal who may choose purely to pursue his sensuality and immediate happiness (greed). I think we've all seen people like this too in our lives in different shapes and forms.

#39 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE(Sip @ Mar 26 2006, 12:04 AM) View Post
I don't think rejection of religion automatically implies "reason" or "materialism". It may, but not necessarily. One could be quite spiritual (and unreasonable for that matter!) and not be at all religious.

As an example, of course the extreme also holds where one rejects all science, reason, logic, religion, and spirituality among other things. What is then left is basically an animal who may choose purely to pursue his sensuality and immediate happiness (greed). I think we've all seen people like this too in our lives in different shapes and forms.

If we could have an e-tequila shot, I'd buy you one right now!

#40 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:52 PM

Ha haaaa ... yah like I need more reasons to spend time online biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users