- - - - -

And we shal call it the great Silkroad Cup

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2000 - 08:08 AM

my proposal is that we need a regional cup to improve the football of our countries. I think
Armenia,Tajikistan,Kazakhstan, Georgia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan,Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan,
Russia, China (these countries also lay in the silk road)
Iran
11 permanent members
+ one European Guest (think of Greece or Cyprus, Macedonia etc...)
In total we have 11 members and one guest that can differ each time

we will have three groups made of four teams.
A, B, C,

from each group two will advance, these teams will be placed in two groups made of three teams, and again two from each group will play.
the first of one against the second of the other group.
The losers paly for the third place and the winners for the championship.

The tournament would be each year in one of the permanent members' countries, this will benefit each time another host countries' economy.

And we shall call it the Great Silk road cup

Amen

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2000 - 09:51 PM

Hey, what about Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Iraq, Syria and of course Turkey? These nations were part of the old Silk Road also. :-)

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2000 - 04:37 PM

Dear Hakob, this project is, meant as a regional cup. There are everywhere regional Cup, the East asian Tiger cuop, Copa libertadores in South Ameriaca, The south African Cup, the South Asian cup, in which India and Pakistan play, and the Arab Cup in which Syria and Iraq play, the two other countries you mentioned namely Turkey and Afghanistan should only be allowed to participate if they improve their records of cultural and Human rights and tolerance level of/towards their suppressed minorities. You remember Iraq and Serbia have also undergone such kind of sanctions.

the other problem is that The Turkish football is a professional business and they wouldn't send their first team to such a Cup, in which they have no benefits at all, so you will pay a large amount of money to invite an amator Turkish team. The other problem is that Afghanistan has no football team, I guess that those savage Talibans have forbidden football there.

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2000 - 04:41 PM

There is a very Asian-looking player on the Iranian soccer national team. I think his name is "Azizi?" Is he Turkmen, Hazara, Tajiki or Farsi?

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2000 - 04:48 PM

I guess Xodadad Äzizi is Hazara, because he is from Shia origines, the Turkmens are from Sunni origines. He is originally from middle souh Xorassan, where no Turkmen live, but he is himself from Mäshäd, but who knows, maybe he is Turkmen or a mixture etc... anyway he is a goodand friendly guy.

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2000 - 04:50 PM

BTW he looks like Jacky Chan,

I remember some times ago we had an discussion in the Irankicks.com and a chinese guy said the only Iranian player he will ever cheer for is Äzizi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users