- - - - -

Shahsenem: Turkish intellectual roberry.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2000 - 09:49 AM

There is a Turkish girl called Shahsenem, steeling the Afghan music of those componists killed by the Taliban and sells them as Turkish. Well this is another typicall Turkish arrogance and robbery adjusted to modern times. She also has stolen the cheap music of Iranian group Sandy called " Asghar agha befarma" means :
mr. Asghar (a low calss name) please, you are welcome .
She and other Turks also steele music from Tajikistan, Uzbekistan for example Karakoz boy boy and majnun tal,and Tajikistan.

Her newest "Turkish" CD is called Efsane Ashk. The funny thing is that not much of this CD could be called as "Turkish" .

Soon you can buy also Chinese, Aztec and Ethiopian, and don't forget Chukchi music , in Ankara's shops as "original Turkish" or Osmanli ottoman classical music.
But the problem is what they call original Turkish music today itself is a mixture of Greek, Arabic, Armenian, Persian and kurdish music

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2000 - 04:49 PM

What next, will they be passing salsa, merengue and rancheros off as Turkish? AYAYAYY! Honestly though, some of the Turkish pop is pretty good though, but of course as you point out, its because they know how to rip off others. Iranyar joon, by the way, my E-mail provider is awful, I think I am going to switch, Ill let you know soon, as we haven't e-mailed each other in a while.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2000 - 05:48 AM

BTW you knew that Turkish popstar Tarkan would be arrested if he comes back to Turkey?
Because he is suspected of having wrong political ideas?

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2000 - 08:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Iranyar:
Because he is suspected of having wrong political ideas?

What are his "wrong political ideas"??? I may run out and buy his CD just to support his views

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2000 - 09:30 AM

[maybe ha had admitted that he also has stolen music from the other people

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users