MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Breakups can be painful.

Woman auctioned off ex-boyfriend’s secret fishing spots for big cash

Breakups can be painful. But on the bright side, they can lead to some creative revenge schemes. To wit: A spurned New Zealand woman sold the secret locations to her ex-boyfriend's favorite fishing spots, netting $3,000, which she then spent on herself.
The drama went down in January of 2012 but is just now getting wide pickup on the Web. New Zealand's Stuff magazine reports that the unnamed ex had entrusted Angela Potter with the locations to his secret fishing holes. But once the fella hightailed it for Australia without much notice, Potter auctioned the information on the Web. She expected just a few hits, but instead got nearly 90,000.
[Related: Couple's amicable breakup video goes viral]
Potter insisted that she wasn't out to be cruel. Rather, her ex-boyfriend forced her hand when he took off with her luggage (ouch). "When he refused to return my suitcase, that's when I sold his coordinates," she said. "I didn't list them to be vindictive. I listed them as a bit of a laugh."
Laughs or not, Potter earned herself a nice chunk of change. She is now dating a new fisherman. However she hasn't shared her ex-boyfriend's fishing spots with the new fella. "I wouldn't do that," Potter said. "I'm fairly honorable in that respect."

http://news.yahoo.co...-205237616.html

#2 man

man

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

8158636791_795932674e_z.jpg?resize=640%2

JANAPAR: LOVE ON A BIKE

23-year-old crazy Englishman Tom Allen leaving all behind, sets off with his butt on a bike for the next 12,000 miles; he films as he cycles and camps his way across three continents. But the journey takes an unlikely detour when he falls in love with an Iranian-Armenian girl, Tenny Adamian.

Struggling to keep his dream alive, Tom convinces Tenny to get another  bicycle and join him. But when things don’t go as planned and Tom is forced to continue riding alone without Tenny, a girl he falls in love with. This self-documentary was filmed over four years with cinematic ambition, Janapar — named after the Armenian word for journey — is a tale of finding what you’re looking for when you least expect it then loosing it because a nutty guy loves his bike more than a human being girl.

#3 man

man

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

Janapar_productionstill3_tenny.jpg

Tenny Adamian who hopped that by joining Tom in his bike adventure will end by Tom asking for her hand in marriage not being aware the British men rarely ask for

marriage and raising children but rather use a girl as they use the toilets for their own selfish desires and after few years they discard their girlfriend as they do a dirty piece of cloth for a new fresh girl. This should teach Armenian girls to marry their own kind.

#4 man

man

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

Well it looks that Tom came back looking for Tenny Adamian and they got married and moved to live together in England. Happy endings happens!

Love on a Bike: one cyclist's journey of romance and adventure
Posted by Tom Seymour    
 5 February 2014
http://www.theguardi...art-of-comments

That's not to say the journey was easy. The lowest moment, Allen says, was arriving in Sudan and realising the next town lay across 1,000km of desert – and he just had a compass for guidance.

"I had a limited amount of water, a limited amount of food, not much shelter and a sandy track for a road. I've never felt so vulnerable or helpless, before or since."

At this point, Allen was thinking of Tenny, a 28-year-old Iranian graphic designer he fell for in Armenia. He lived with her for eight months, but was getting itchy feet. So he convinced her to cycle on with him, even though Tenny hadn't cycled since she was a child and had never travelled beyond her native Iran and adopted home of Armenia. Their first trip, they decided, would be to Tehran, the capital of Iran, to meet her parents.

"It was extremely foolhardy for us to even try it," Allen says. "She agreed to cycle with me out of passion rather than pragmatism."

"When you meet someone and you realise he's the person you've always been waiting for, it allows you to make very big decisions," Tenny says. "But cycling was completely new to me, and the whole idea was pretty confusing. He convinced me that cycling to Iran would be a great idea, and I remember thinking it was something I can do to be with him. But by about the middle of the first day, I wanted to go home to Armenia."

When they reached Tehran, her parents went berserk.

"We've had an evening of shouting, crying and being told in no uncertain terms there is no way on this planet we are going to continue the journey," Allen says in the film. "Everything I hoped for us has just been mercilessly blown away."

"My parents were very upset with us," Tenny says. "They were upset we did it in secret, and they were very worried about me. Part of the challenge was knowing I was doing it without my family's support. But I felt I had to make a decision for myself."

Tenny's parents grew used to the idea. Tom and Tenny got married in Armenia and cycled back to the UK. They now live between Norfolk and Armenia and work as professional "adventure cyclists", still spending months on the road. Yet Tom is more settled now, more willing to spend eight hours a day in front of a computer. "I know what I'm doing now," he says. But, reflecting now, what did he learn from the experience of naively doing it in 2006?

"A journey like that can go on and on and on. It can feel there's no end to it. I packed in everything to do it, so it could be scary," he says. "But you'd be surprised how quickly you realise there isn't supposed to be an end – just the present moment, just the next bend in the road - that there's always a road that hasn't yet been taken, but that's no reason not to take it. I'd encourage anyone to try it."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users