Photo

Theory Of Evolution

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#1 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 09:31 PM

Well, from the time Darwin had his holy visions, and until now, there is little reason to believe in the theory of evolution, which is, yes, a belief. It is an assumption that we evolved, not an established fact.

The desperate behavior of evolutionary scientists who have, over the years and century, tried to hold fast to an immutable theory, has not been becoming, resorting to childish tactics of intellectual dishonesty that would get any highschool student an F.

From such biological frauds as gemmules, bathybius, and eozoon, to other frauds as notable as Nebraska Man, it is clear those who back evolutionary theory will go to any lengths to vindicate the already discredited theory.

And when the fossil evidence does not match Darwins assertions of gradualism, all of a sudden we have imaginitive minds like Stephen J. Gould ( who would have faired better as a screenwriter ) who tell us about 'punctuated equilibria' and that really all change from one species to another is so drastic and so fast that there is no evidence of any intermediate forms.

I'm tired of evolution being crammed down my throat as if its some absolute fact. Never will those egoists in the evolutionary department of biology ever concede that human intelligence and knowledge is limited and finite. Biology is tainted by this as some holy relic that for some reason if you go into biology, you cannot look at the world any other way other than having evolved. This is no different than telling people in France or Canada that you cannot question the veracity of the Holocaust.

#2 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 28 January 2004 - 09:35 PM

When everything fails turn to math, for it is the only definetness. Everything else is subjective.

#3 angel4hope

angel4hope

look at me...i can fly!...sploosh!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 28 January 2004 - 09:37 PM

math itself is only a concept...what are numbers? nothing is definite in life except death itself! believe me you!

#4 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Interests:Art, Yoga, Spirituality

Posted 28 January 2004 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (anileve @ Jan 28 2004, 10:35 PM)
When everything fails turn to math, for it is the only definetness. Everything else is subjective.

Hahahaha laugh.gif did you talk to Domino lately? smile.gif

#5 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (angel4hope @ Jan 29 2004, 03:37 AM)
math itself is only a concept...what are numbers? nothing is definite in life except death itself! believe me you!

.....and taxes! cool.gif

#6 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 28 January 2004 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (angel4hope @ Jan 28 2004, 11:37 PM)

Actually even the Universe is based on the mathematical platform. So is life and death.

#7 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 10:51 PM

Evolution is mathematically improbable, it should be noted.

#8 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (gamavor @ Jan 29 2004, 12:24 AM)
.....and taxes! cool.gif

Gamavor jan wink.gif, not entirely though, there are always ways to get around it, Mr. Franklin and Mr. Chase work wonders. biggrin.gif Look at me, I sound like a Russian Mobster. dry.gif

#9 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (Anonymouse @ Jan 28 2004, 11:51 PM)
Evolution is mathematically improbable, it should be noted.

If you think about it the same way mathematics is also sort of mathematically improbable.

#10 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 11:03 PM

Nope! You sound very legitimate, as usual! smile.gif I just forgot about that option. rolleyes.gif

#11 gevo27

gevo27

Its one of the most beautiful sights... now i have to go see it.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 11:04 PM

well, lets set asid math for a minute.. hummm....

If evolution is as it is thaught in textbooks, then i dont see what is stopping us here, now, sa the humans we are.. Why dont we keep evolving, surely this is not perfection, is it?

Why do frogs not make fire? they would be much better suited if they did no? Why do dogs not talk, i mean according to the theory of evolution prehistoric humans had to language or sense of it right.. so well, dogs dont too, but whats keeping them from evolving to it??

The list will go on and on, my faovrite is, why dont i evolv another arm outta my chest, i could surely use it..

Plus, how does pure "chance" make us as perfect sa we are, we evolve from a pile of bacteria to the intelligent human beings we are today? Its complettely ridiculous, there is no evidence as u guys stated above...

The reason for the theory of evolution was not because it wsa right, and it was not because of Darwins' work, it was because non beleivers had to come up with "some" explanation of how we came about, until then the creationist view ruled supreme.

#12 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (gamavor @ Jan 29 2004, 01:03 AM)
Nope! You sound very legitimate, as usual! smile.gif I just forgot about that option. rolleyes.gif

Aaaah Gamavor jan!

#13 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Sasun @ Jan 28 2004, 11:01 PM)
If you think about it the same way mathematics is also sort of mathematically improbable.

Mathematics is the language of the universe. It is based on logic, hence it is provable and testable. Applying it to evolutionary theory regarding random mutations, math revealed that this is highly improbable. Of course I didn't say this, Murray Eden of MIT did, in 1966 during the Wistar Institute regarding evolution.

#14 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 11:02 AM

Yeah, I see Anonymouse. I believe we have evolved but Darwin's theory may not be correct. There should be a driving force behind the evolution which is not acknowledged in his theory. It doesn't take into account the notion of entropy (I think this was discussed somewhere else in the forum) and so contradicts to the universal fact that things when left alone get less orderly/evolved not more orderly/evolved. Therefore, for the evolution to be true there must be a driving force. What is it? Could Darwin's natural selection serve as a driving force? Does it qualify as such? That is the question I am curious to know.

#15 gurgen

gurgen

You talking to me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:tennis, chess, football (the real one), games

Posted 29 January 2004 - 12:27 PM

Also, Darwin's theory is very dangerous and has a racist basis. It was used by a lot of people as an excuse to rule over other people because they were 'more evolved'. A theory which supports the survival of the fittest (which may not even be true) is in my eyes a blight upon the world. Maybe he didn't mean it that way, but it can certainly be explained that way. Look at Nietzsche.

I believe I've said before that I don't buy the evolution theory. There are to many holes in it in order to be called science.

#16 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 01:00 PM

Anon you are absolutely correct. The evolution is a conspiracy theory. I am in firm believed that we were dropped on this earth by solar pigeons with advanced astral development.
I am obsolete sure that 98% of primates gene pull being the same as humans is just accidental for lack of better term.
biggrin.gif

#17 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 29 January 2004 - 03:30 PM

Yes Armat - i'm with you..what a joke. Evolution is fact - as much fact as is possible..probably even more factual then your mathmatics Anon...like who is really to say/know/understand the real topology of the universe (or OK Domino multiverses) etc etc...talk abotu theories without much proof...and regarding fluctutions in the belief of such...and subject to extreme paradigm shifts...etc etc

#18 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 04:32 PM

Today I went to pick up my son from school really bone chilly and while waiting, there was a dog near by and I noticed for the first time the dog actually blinked his eyes just the same way as we do.It is a small similarity along thousands of others...
Scientists believe we involved from little rat like creatures since they were the first mammuls.

#19 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 05:36 PM

Armat, when it comes to questions like origin of man, Darwin's evolution, etc.. science has not yet made a nearly certain conclusion as to how things have evolved. Every year or every 6 months there is major fossil discovery that contradict to earlier conclusions. Then revisions are made, questions raised, theories proposed, until there is new discovery to surprise, so on and so forth. It is far from being exact, there just a general framework and limited certainty. Darwin's evolution theory has been used as a more less reliable paradigm but it was never proven beyond doubt. Think about it, what would be a 100% proof? Perhaps if all the zillions of missing chains were found that would be a proof. Until then there will be doubts and revisions.
The 98% commonality of human and monkey DNA is not a proof at all. Even if it was 100% it would not be a proof. It is only a supporting argument.

A simplistic example, atoms look round, so do planets. Does that mean that there is any evolutionary link between planets and atoms? Of course not.

Well, I am not a biologist, just a fiew thoughts....

#20 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 06:44 PM

Sasun I agree with you in general but disagree that Darwin's evolution theory is limited certainty. It is proven that we have involved from much earlier prototypes and this alone is beyond limited but an actual fact. Weather all the puzzle is complete or not it does not matter. Analogy is more like a word puzzle that enough letters are predicted correctly to know the word and the rest is just details. I am kind of surprised that we even are talking about this. As I correctly understood Anon is not talking about the process details of evolution but disregards it totally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users