• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#21 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:34 PM

High five Dan! laugh.gif Actually it's a fact one of the Windows patches (don't remember the name it was a while ago I uninstalled it) tremendously slows down your system, and if you want security, firewall, spybot and norton should do the trick. I like to be in charge of my updates. If it ain't broke no need to fix it!

By the way check out my new love!!!!! Ain't it a beauty and as light as a shoebox! I am totally in love! wub.gif

Attached Files

#22 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:34 PM

eve ... if you got the ASUS A7N8X-E motherboard, I will be able to help you out on saturday since that's when mine is arriving cool.gif

Edit: sweet case! I got a new one too but I don't think it's that sexy.

edit 2:

Mine's going to look like

#23 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:40 PM

Naww I got myself a sweet MB MSI|PT8 NEO-LSR MS-6799 with a MSI FX5200-TD128! My case has the best cooling fan by the way!

#24 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Jan 16 2004, 01:34 AM)
eve ... if you got the ASUS A7N8X-E motherboard, I will be able to help you out on saturday since that's when mine is arriving cool.gif

Edit: sweet case! I got a new one too but I don't think it's that sexy.

edit 2:

Mine's going to look like

Hell yeah yours is sexy! So you are driving down to NYC to help me out with the Front Access USB ports and Firewire? wink.gif But not Aluminum is it? I actually wanted a LIan LI case but they are way too pricey!

#25 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Damn. sad.gif My case is beige.

#26 vava

vava

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Although i also have a great looking MAC! biggrin.gif

#27 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:46 PM

I also got myself a delicious enclosure, aluminum of course 3.5 only for HDDs although I was tempted to go for 3.5 and 5.25 but they are too bulky. Check it out from Bytecc.

Attached Files

#28 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:48 PM

sweet ... firewire or usb 2? or both? cool.gif

#29 angel4hope

angel4hope

look at me...i can fly!...sploosh!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:53 PM

daant daant dannt ....... and the saga of the war against the machines continues........ beta.gif

Edited by angel4hope, 15 January 2004 - 11:53 PM.

#30 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Jan 16 2004, 01:48 AM)
sweet ... firewire or usb 2? or both? cool.gif

This one is a USB version. I also got a wireless adapter Linksys, only to discover that is not compatible with MAC. Vava any suggestions?

Oh and to top it off I got a Cheese slicer serving tray! Now imagine how that would look next to my silver case with a silver LCD a wireless-G router and an Epson multitask printer, with some cheese and crackers! Yumm, food, wine, cigarettes, computers and internet, geekdom here I come!! laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

#31 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 16 January 2004 - 12:01 AM

Sip, my brother got the case you posted. smile.gif I really don't see anything special in it, but my brother was in love with that and couldn't wait for it to arrive.

#32 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (anileve @ Jan 15 2004, 11:59 PM)
This one is a USB version. I also got a wireless adapter Linksys, only to discover that is not compatible with MAC. Vava any suggestions?

I'm not vava but I may be able to help ... get rid of the MAC and keep the Linksys biggrin.gif

By the way, can I move in with you? smile.gif I promise I won't hog too much of the bandwidth ... though 54Mbit with the G is a lot anyway

#33 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 12:09 AM

How about you and Vava move in with me, you will cook and help with my PC issues and Vava will clean and help me with Mac issues. And I shall offer you my undying admiration and my valuable friendship! How is that for a deal? I think this is a beginning of my Utopia. laugh.gif

#34 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 16 January 2004 - 12:33 AM

Geeks

#35 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,959 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 16 January 2004 - 12:53 AM

smile.gif okey,

I donít know about you Armat but similarly I updated my brothers computer with the patches from MS web site, (he had no idea that should have been done and yes like yours, his OS is win XP PRO) and downloaded a real one player, thatís all, similarly as suprizingly he is also living in Boston, so, Sip, Vava, Azat I just updated his computer thatís all, seems like he has got a virus or something.

So shoot me, I just tried to help sad.gif

#36 szuszi

szuszi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (Dan @ Jan 16 2004, 04:23 PM)
!!!! finally!!! someone who noticed this!!!! i had to uninstall EACH AND EVERY update I had installed, except for that patch for blaster worm.. and my computer is quite safe. I don't have any problems with it. It messed up my computer when I installed the updates.. and NEVER, NEVER upgrade from Home to Pro, it messes up the entire thing... just uninstall it and install the whole thing again. Better safe than sorry..

Hmmm....maybe I should remove all my updates? I just recently reformatted my hd and after I reloaded windows98SE I updated it. Maybe this is what's causing my problems! But how do I remove them all? Any easy way?

#37 vava

vava

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (anileve @ Jan 16 2004, 12:59 AM)

If you want to run wireless on a MAC portable - powerbook/ibook, you absoutely need an airport card - other PCMCIA wireless cards will not be compatible - and don't force them in! They won't fit! If you're running wireless G - then yoiu'd opt for the Airport Extreme - you can use it with any wireless base unit, not just the airport base station.

BUT - be careful, 'cause your system must be able to support wireless - if I remember correctly, you were running a PB G3 (a slightly older version) some models are not wireless compatible. You can find out weather your MAC is wireless compatible on the Apple site smile.gif

#38 vava

vava

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (anileve @ Jan 16 2004, 01:09 AM)
How about you and Vava move in with me, you will cook and help with my PC issues and Vava will clean and help me with Mac issues. And I shall offer you my undying admiration and my valuable friendship! How is that for a deal? I think this is a beginning of my Utopia. laugh.gif

I think I should cook - have you seen what Sip eats??? ohmy.gif
Utopia indeed! And yes, Azat - the geek shall inherit the earth wink.gif

#39 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 09:23 AM

norton anti-virus does everything but protect your computer from virii.. lol.. did you hear about the recent glitch in their programs that was found? laugh.gif

#40 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 09:26 AM

hmm, my desktop puter is just a personally assembled one, and it doens't have a fancy case.. lol.. i haven't used it for a while now (4-5 months).. low memory, bad graphics card, hard drive space, etc. it's a piece of trash lol..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users