Internet

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Magic

Magic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Highschool football,my guitar,my piano,as well as my computer and hanging out with friends and playing varsity football

Posted 22 September 2006 - 12:15 PM

Well as it says in my profile im a highschooler..i need some help...There is a program on our school computers that blocks us out of certain programs or sites...last year i sent a trojan through the sytem and broke down the firewalls and was able to access everything last year for the year this year it wont allow me to get on myspace.com or aol and i need help finding a good loophole or p2p that wont be blocked by bess thanks if you can help

#2 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE(Magic @ Sep 22 2006, 02:15 PM) View Post
Well as it says in my profile im a highschooler..i need some help...There is a program on our school computers that blocks us out of certain programs or sites...last year i sent a trojan through the sytem and broke down the firewalls and was able to access everything last year for the year this year it wont allow me to get on myspace.com or aol and i need help finding a good loophole or p2p that wont be blocked by bess thanks if you can help

Do you realise that you are requesting us help to do something illegal?

#3 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 01:36 PM

Is there a program ON the computers or is there a firewall that blocks access out of the network?

Either way, I wouldn't waste my time trying to get to myspace or aol ... both are worthless biggrin.gif You're not losing anything by not being able to access them.

Here's some interesting info on BESS ... it was the first time I am hearing of it.

http://censorware.net/reports/bess

#4 Magic

Magic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Highschool football,my guitar,my piano,as well as my computer and hanging out with friends and playing varsity football

Posted 02 October 2006 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE(QueBeceR @ Sep 22 2006, 01:01 PM) View Post
Do you realise that you are requesting us help to do something illegal?

In a way yes..i do realize this..but at the same time i think it is completly stupid that we are blocked
from aol,or myspade,things with music,anything that has pictures,or pretty much anything that is not
school related we are restricted from..all i wanted to know is about how bess works and what it does.
as well as maybe someone to help find a site to bypass it...so yes it could illegal but you didnt do it.
i did...i wont bother with this subject again..i was just curious to see if anyone knew anything about it

#5 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 01:43 PM

It seems that bess blocks sites by forcing you through their proxy. A seemingly obviously solution would be to surf through an alternate proxy - but for that you'd have to have admin rights on the machine in question.

Regardless, if you're at school and you're using equipment that belongs to the school, should you be doing things that are school related? Just a question....
Good luck smile.gif School rules are made to be broken, if only for the sake of breaking them. Don't do anything stupid though, in the long run it may not be worth it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users