#41 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:58 PM

marriage? astvats etents sharrits herru pahi...

#42 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:39 PM

I cant belive my eyes what I'm reading here.
every post is contradictory to nature and god given instict.

why would anybody want to have a child at the age 60?
more ever, a women just gave birth child and she did it to get in the guiness book, she was 67! I know why i just have a very hard time accepting it
a healty women puts carrer before anything, venity before vertue.

or maybe I dont see something that i should see.
now days women go to sperm bank to have a child, no husbend, just his crudentials? someone please explain this to me becouse maybe I'm going crazy and i dont know?
if this is what "The advanced (right) sociaity" means?! then what is the wrong one?

Edited by Edward, 28 January 2007 - 05:41 PM.

#43 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE(Edward @ Jan 28 2007, 06:39 PM) View Post

I cant belive my eyes what I'm reading here.
every post is contradictory to nature and god given instict.

why would anybody want to have a child at the age 60?
more ever, a women just gave birth child and she did it to get in the guiness book, she was 67! I know why i just have a very hard time accepting it
a healty women puts carrer before anything, venity before vertue.

or maybe I dont see something that i should see.
now days women go to sperm bank to have a child, no husbend, just his crudentials? someone please explain this to me becouse maybe I'm going crazy and i dont know?
if this is what "The advanced (right) sociaity" means?! then what is the wrong one?

I agree with your statements Ed and your sense of logic. It is absurd otherwise, at least in my books too. Career must not come before all else when it comes to having a child or looking after a child.

What these women do not understand is it is difficult enough to have and bring up a child in this world and that's with two people, it would be then much much more difficult to bring up a child alone, as a single mom. First, as a woman you must have a pretty good and a stable job; then who is going to look after the child when you're at work? Personally I wouldn't trust much anyone else other than family or very close friends to give my child/children away to babysit, even then a child needs a father figure too. Children need those things as we had both parents present. Plus, children need to belong in a family and family structures is important, very important for children. Both parents are essential for this and the sense of belonging to a family and the history of the family are all very important factors.

Then by the time a mother hits 55 or 60 she wouldn't have the extra stamina and or the patience for children. It's very wrong and stupid for a woman to bear a child even scientifically after 55-60. Plus, it wouldn't even be fair for the child, because simple arithmatic is that you will die, let's say by 75-80, or if you're lucky by 85-90. But the child needs more parental presence and a living mother and hopefully a father too.

These are my two cents in the matter.

Edited by Anahid Takouhi, 28 January 2007 - 08:27 PM.

#44 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:49 PM

Any luck in finding her gamavor?

Not yet. The position is open. Still collecting applications biggrin.gif

You want an Armenian bride from Armenia, don't you Gams?

It is a good way to establish a bond with Armenia... smile.gif

Joking aside I really don''t have any preconditions, because everything I demanded can be aquired...if the right "material" is present. If one is ready for the big sacrifice (i.e. marriage) then he/she must realize that it is all about compromise. What is important though is the Magic. That total and overwhelming Knock out that we later use as an excuse for our weakness and failed marriage. I personaly never been maried but I have withnessed many divorces (first and second hand, so to speak smile.gif and it is not fun. Relieve in some cases maybe, but definately not fun.

So in short, to answer your question why I'm not married...because marriage is the first step towards divorce these days.... ohmy.gif smile.gif

And one thing is for sure: Amerigatsi aghchik chem amusnanalu!!! smile.gif Even if she is Lady Di reincarnated! smile.gif

#45 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 29 January 2007 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE(Edward @ Jan 28 2007, 03:39 PM) View Post

Yes, it's happening because the women were finally allowed to look beyond their traditional gender roles as slaves to the men. The women progressed; the men didn't. The other day the news showed a report that women are earning more money than ever. Actually, it's a no-brainer. A quick look at any university's male-to-female ratio shows that more women are attending and finishing college than men. This means that in the near future even more females will hold the successful jobs and earn the big salary. What happened to men? It's not that the women are holding them back! Men are lazy. Period. While the previous generations pushed the men to be the breadwinner (because that was the traditional role of the man), now without the push men have failed to keep up! Any woman would love to find her prince - the charming, educated, understanding, funny soulmate - but with the lack of that man I can understand how a woman might consider bringing a child into this world and raise that child by herself, no strings attached. It's not glamourous, it's really sad, but it's also reality.

#46 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE(gamavor @ Jan 29 2007, 12:49 AM) View Post

Not yet. The position is open. Still collecting applications biggrin.gif

It is a good way to establish a bond with Armenia... smile.gif

Joking aside I really don''t have any preconditions, because everything I demanded can be aquired...if the right "material" is present. If one is ready for the big sacrifice (i.e. marriage) then he/she must realize that it is all about compromise. What is important though is the Magic. That total and overwhelming Knock out that we later use as an excuse for our weakness and failed marriage. I personaly never been maried but I have withnessed many divorces (first and second hand, so to speak smile.gif and it is not fun. Relieve in some cases maybe, but definately not fun.

So in short, to answer your question why I'm not married...because marriage is the first step towards divorce these days.... ohmy.gif smile.gif

And if you don't find that special someone who captures your heart and soul and chemistry, and plus you are sure you have a great deal in common and are fully in agreement with them; I wouldn't. It's also good to have an understanding woman. It may not be so easy to find all these attributes in one place, but hopefully you'll find it though it may be scarce.

And one thing is for sure: Amerigatsi aghchik chem amusnanalu!!! smile.gif Even if she is Lady Di reincarnated! smile.gif

Good for you. "Amerigatsi harse Hayoun pesa chellar!!!!!"

#47 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE(anoushik @ Jan 29 2007, 02:09 AM) View Post

Yes, it's happening because the women were finally allowed to look beyond their traditional gender roles as slaves to the men. The women progressed; the men didn't. The other day the news showed a report that women are earning more money than ever. Actually, it's a no-brainer. A quick look at any university's male-to-female ratio shows that more women are attending and finishing college than men. This means that in the near future even more females will hold the successful jobs and earn the big salary. What happened to men? It's not that the women are holding them back! Men are lazy. Period. While the previous generations pushed the men to be the breadwinner (because that was the traditional role of the man), now without the push men have failed to keep up! Any woman would love to find her prince - the charming, educated, understanding, funny soulmate - but with the lack of that man I can understand how a woman might consider bringing a child into this world and raise that child by herself, no strings attached. It's not glamourous, it's really sad, but it's also reality.

To what Anoushik said, with one exception to the rule and I'm sure in most respects it is true. What Anoushik portrayed is the general rule for American children; however the Jewish mother and father continuously push their children of both sexes to be highly educated. Of course this doesn't interest us; but the good part is that the Armenian mother and father also push their children of both sexes to get a higher education; college and better. Your examples are in both Armenia and around you and even on this Forum; you can see that both males and females are highly educated in most respects. So basically this does not apply much to our nationality. smile.gif

#48 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE(Anahid Takouhi @ Jan 29 2007, 05:03 AM) View Post

So basically this does not apply much to our nationality. smile.gif

Unfortunately it does sad.gif

Yes, the members of this forum are highly educated, interesting, curious, funny people. But then again, it's only they who joined the forum. It's curiousity, love of reading, and willingness to share that makes that small number of people want to join internet forums. The rest of the people shun online forums (and online anything!) as much as possible. They don't want to read!

Internet forums aside, I've dealt with my share of disappointments when it comes to uneducated guys. Even if a guy has graduated from college he's made it barely, and all the subjects he learned don't make a difference because he hasn't kept up with what he learned. One has to continously read, read, read, watch the news, keep up with the world, be aware of the advancements of science and technology and understand his generations struggles with morality. That's what makes an educated, interesting, funny, curious, man. I don't see such a man around me. However, I do see my girl friends with the attributes I described above. Of course, I'm not saying that all women are like that (it can't be farther from the truth!) but in my circle of friends that's the reality.

#49 Johannes

Johannes

Յովհաննէս

• Nobility
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:42 PM

Ամուսնանալով հայ ընտանիք կազմելը, ազգային պարտականութիւն է:

Դէ գործի անցէ՛ք:

#50 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:55 PM

That's unfortunate Anoushik jan. I am not aware of that because I am not single and I am always involved with my family. I see what you're saying though and the problem that entails.

On a slightly different note, I have to make an analogy with what I said before about women over 55 that some of them may not be able to keep up with young children because of their age difference. But with the exception of certain women who tend to do their routine weekly exercises, eat a nutritious and a moderate diet as well as keeping themselve neat and trim. When that happens then women 55 through 80's and even plus they can have a good stamina, feel young and even look young. What I have mentioned before was about a great many women who don't fit in this picture. But anyone; be it male or female when they take pride in their bodies and strive to stay healthy, then obviously they can achieve health and youthfullness throughout very advanced age.

About young men not keeping up with current events nor having an interest to explore in further reading and what's going on in the world; yes I can agree with Anoushik that the brain will stay still and in order for one to keep up being an interesting person and to be the man of the world; one must read on and stay interested in such things. Taking different and interesting classes once in a while is an option. Yes as in anything in life one must keep the brain functioning and learning. It is also good for later on life when you want to beat alzheimer's or other mental diseases.

But Anoushik jan, you can also find a moderately interesting, and a cute Armenian guy with a good brain and encourage him bit by bit to be all those things that you want him to be. Without pushing him but by agreeing with him. wink.gif

Afterall, life without a husband and a family is an empty life. You can make a guy to be better and later on he'll thank you for it. smile.gif

Edited by Anahid Takouhi, 29 January 2007 - 12:58 PM.

#51 Nvard

Nvard

Gatita :)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:everything..

Posted 29 January 2007 - 02:32 PM

i'm looking for an ugly old rich Armenian guy.Get me one please

#52 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE(Nvard @ Jan 29 2007, 03:32 PM) View Post

Nvard jan, maybe you'll find a rich old guy yet he may turn out to be handsome. wink.gif smile.gif

#53 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:12 PM

Speaking of older guys.... Is 18 years too much of an age gap between a man and a woman for a relationship?

#54 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE(Nvard @ Jan 29 2007, 03:32 PM) View Post

Nvard, how about looking into Azat? He's looking for a nice Armenian girl. He's a bit older than you and he's got money. wink.gif smile.gif

#55 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE(ExtraHye @ Jan 29 2007, 04:12 PM) View Post

Speaking of older guys.... Is 18 years too much of an age gap between a man and a woman for a relationship?

Most guys don't like that much of a gap; because they'll feel uncomfortable with a very young girl of 18 years younger. They'll feel that they snatched the cradle. If you ask me Amy, yeah it is quite a lot of difference. Intellectually and maturity wise.

#56 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:24 PM

Why? Is your boyfriend that much older than you? Or you're asking for a friend?

#57 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(Anahid Takouhi @ Jan 29 2007, 01:14 PM) View Post

Nvard, how about looking into Azat? He's looking for a nice Armenian girl. He's a bit older than you and he's got money. wink.gif smile.gif

say it... why are you being shy?

#58 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE(Anahid Takouhi @ Jan 29 2007, 01:24 PM) View Post

Why? Is your boyfriend that much older than you? Or you're asking for a friend?

Thanks

Edited by ExtraHye, 29 January 2007 - 04:29 PM.

#59 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(ExtraHye @ Jan 29 2007, 04:57 PM) View Post

Thanks

Why did you edit your post? It was funny. tongue.gif

#60 ExtraHye

ExtraHye