70 replies to this topic

#1 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Always changing

Posted 29 October 2001 - 12:22 PM

As you would have probably heard Andrea Bocheli held a conceart in NY today commemorating those that died on Sept 11.

Let us also have 1 minute of silence for the victims of the terrible attack on Sept 11.

Then 1 minute of silence for the Afghans that are about to die from starvation and US bombs

Then 5 minutes of silence for the victims of American massacres in Korea

Then 10 minutes of silence for the victims of American nuclear tests at Heroshima and Nagasaki

Then 30 minutes of silence for the dead children of Iraq

Then 1 hour of silence for the genocide of the Vietnamese

Then 24 hours of silence for the people who have died at the hands of tyrranical regimes supported by the US during Cold War

Then an enternity of silence for the annihilation of the Native Americans........

#2 bellthecat

bellthecat

A poor kitty, lost in the rain.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Interests:mreowing purring snuggling sleeping

Posted 29 October 2001 - 02:07 PM

Or ....maybe the problem is that there has been too much silence already on all these (and countless other) atrocities.

Steve

#3 Paul bunyan

Paul bunyan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Interests:Nautical archaeology and Armenia

Posted 30 October 2001 - 06:49 AM

Lets have a five hour moment of silence for the victims of 900 years
of turkish evil

#4 ThornyRose

ThornyRose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Interests:a little bit of everything.

Posted 30 October 2001 - 08:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul bunyan:
of turkish evil

Let us have five hours of clamour for appreciation of all good aspects of all cultures – something we seldom do.

#5 TigrannesIII

TigrannesIII

Riko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Making fun or conservatives and seeking progressive change while preaching endogamy and cultural conservation in the diaspora.

Posted 30 October 2001 - 08:30 AM

quote:
of turkish evil

it would take years of silence for an 'appropriate moment'.

#6 ThornyRose

ThornyRose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 30 October 2001 - 10:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TigrannesIII:

it would take years of silence for an 'appropriate moment'.

Let us have years of clamour for appreciation of all good aspects of all cultures – something we seldom do.

#7 Paul bunyan

Paul bunyan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 30 October 2001 - 03:51 PM

what good has ever come from turkey?

#8 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 30 October 2001 - 04:15 PM

quote:

hmmm sorry i do not know...

#9 ThornyRose

ThornyRose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 30 October 2001 - 06:34 PM

quote:

Let that be your homework. Try to think and make a difference.
It is easy to be negative about everything and see only that which disturbs you, but there is no reason to be proud of it.
By the way, don't give me the "barbarians" mantra. The Europeans you guys love so much got the Jews out of their homes, which your "barbarian" Ottoman Empire accepted, perhaps not out of love but out of other concerns, granted. The Europeans you love so much extinguished three civilizations in the Americas. The slave trade - when did that crap stop? And now today they are p.ussy cats who have to see a bomb go off in their hometown to declare the PKK or the Kaplancılar a terrorist organization. Wow, I'm impressed - they've sure learned their lessons.
Yet no-one calls 15th century Europeans barbarians and goes all foaming in the mouth saying it? They did so only out of economic concerns and not out of love or hate - oops. Barbarians whose thoughts are clouded when there is money... Come on, somebody write that on a web-page... Whatsamatta? You like them too much but don't like the Turks? That's telling how objective y'are.

quote:
Originally posted by MosJan:

hmmm sorry i do not know...

Grow up, dude...

#10 TigrannesIII

TigrannesIII

Riko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Making fun or conservatives and seeking progressive change while preaching endogamy and cultural conservation in the diaspora.

Posted 30 October 2001 - 10:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Thorny Rose:

Let us have years of clamour for appreciation of all good aspects of all cultures – something we seldom do.

no, only turks should have to do that- seeing as how everything 'good' from that culture is stolen principally from Armenian and Greek culture.

#11 TigrannesIII

TigrannesIII

Riko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 30 October 2001 - 10:10 PM

quote:

Grow up, dude...

hey there now, your chastising of Western Europe doesn't change the fact that Turkey hasn't done anything for the world. At least Western Europe can claim something there.

Wake up, girl...

#12 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 31 October 2001 - 12:39 PM

Thorny,

Although I dont agree with Tigran, I must say that to add creadibility to your argument you have to support it with facts (ie. answer the question instead of criticising). I too would like to know what good has come out of Turkey, escpessially recently.....

#13 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 31 October 2001 - 12:46 PM

The Europeans you guys love so much got

I would suspect, most intelligent Armenians would have stopped loving Europeans after what happened in 1915. Armenians only have themselves to rely upon, everyone else looks after their own interests.

#14 ThornyRose

ThornyRose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 31 October 2001 - 08:17 AM

quote:

no, only turks should have to do that- seeing as how everything 'good' from that culture is stolen principally from Armenian and Greek culture.

"Stolen"? How do you steal aspects of culture? Were the owners caught unawares? Damn! If they had known, they would have patented them!

quote:

hey there now, your chastising of Western Europe doesn't change the fact that Turkey hasn't done anything for the world. At least Western Europe can claim something there.

Wake up, girl...

That you do not know the scores of Islamic scholars Turkish states have nurtured doesn't change a thing. It is your fault and the fault of the system that raises you if you don't know the significant role Turks have played in the Islamic civilization. I'm an atheist of the darkest streak, but I appreciate that. The fact that you can't count more than a couple or so of Chinese names doesn't mean that Chinese scholars and what-not are limited to Confucius or who else. Not knowing is one thing - indulging in your ignorance is another.

quote:
Originally posted by Juggernaut:
Thorny,

Although I dont agree with Tigran, I must say that to add creadibility to your argument you have to support it with facts (ie. answer the question instead of criticising). I too would like to know what good has come out of Turkey, escpessially recently.....

Tiggy boy's fault is that I have discussed the same with him and others several times on other forums, yet he hasn't been able to learn (and will likely curve his lip and observe silence next) - it is not an issue, and I can say the same to you (although - read above). The Dayaks haven't contributed anything to the world, have they? Yet nobody goes after them, "Man-hunters! Barbarians! Boo boo boo!" despite their ugly practices - and they have no right to - nor will they have - ever.
Any"civilized"body challenge that? The Dayaks are my favourite example, and they will always be. The same goes for Kurds and Circassians (I am one), if anyone is to object that Dayaks are unaware of civilization or what have you. Kurds and Circassians are your full Caucasian brethren, are they not? What have they given the world? Hm? The colour Kurdoise? Circassian (or any specific nation's) architecture? Yet they've all borrowed from their neighbors - why isn't anyone complaining that they've "stolen" like you steal horses or something? Is it just because you have an "issue" with Turks? Good luck reaching maturity - what can I say? At least don't be all pouty when reminded you are not objective.
And, since Turks are so bad and have such a bastard culture, why is it that some guys get their noses rubbed into the dust by one every now and then?

#15 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 31 October 2001 - 08:42 AM

there is no justice in this world!
what is right what is wrong is dictated by those who are on top.

so where Western civilization and culture dominate, there the West would be good and the East would be bad.
and where there is East on the top, the East would be good and the West would be bad.

[ October 31, 2001: Message edited by: Harut ]

#16 ThornyRose

ThornyRose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 31 October 2001 - 08:52 AM

O Harut and O the delight of my eyes...

#17 Paul bunyan

Paul bunyan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 November 2001 - 12:15 AM

Europe has a well deserved bad reputation. but no nation on earth has the incredibly evil reputation, which
is so well deserved, that turkey does.

#18 ThornyRose

ThornyRose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 01 November 2001 - 12:22 AM

quote:
Europe has a well deserved bad reputation. but no nation on earth has the incredibly evil reputation, which
is so well deserved, that turkey does.

Somebody bring in the violins...

#19 TigrannesIII

TigrannesIII

Riko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 October 2001 - 03:09 PM

quote:

Tiggy boy's fault

ah, 'mature' thorny once again lowering herself to personal assaults......

yes, the culture was stolen, the music sounds like a cross of greek, armenian, and arabic; the food is very Armenian (i.e. kebab), etc

just deal with the facts, and, no, you haven't proven a damn thing. and, no, i don't just curl into a ball and shut up when you think you've won- your victory is in your eyes alone.

#20 bellthecat

bellthecat

A poor kitty, lost in the rain.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Interests:mreowing purring snuggling sleeping

Posted 31 October 2001 - 04:16 PM

quote:

Look at all the cultural things that Armenia has "stolen" - little things like television, telephones, the internal combustion engine, electricity, trousers, and a few million other things.

quote:
Originally posted by Juggernaut:
Thorny,
I too would like to know what good has come out of Turkey, escpessially recently.....

Er, what good has come out of Armenia, especially recently (like within the last 900 years). You are on the wrong track here. The best thing you can say of a country is that nothing particularly BAD has come out of it, and you would probably be correct to say that of Armenia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users