• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Hakob

Hakob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 March 2001 - 11:28 AM

Many Hayastansis have hair color and eye color so black that they almost look like Central Asians and Chinese. Look at this girl:
http://www.meetapers...files/21196.htm

Did the Mamigonians really have so much impact on the Armenians, even genetically?

#2 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 12 March 2001 - 05:32 PM

Dear Hagop,

I know personally a very fine lady who is half Armenian and half Nigerian, and I can asure you that Nigerians nor Chinese have not have any impact on the genetics of the Armenians.

#3 Nvard

Nvard

Gatita :)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:everything..

Posted 14 March 2001 - 05:03 AM

Jeeeez,Hakob!
It looks to me that you don't see any difference between dark Caucasians and
Asians.That girl doesn't look Chinese at all.

#4 Kazza

Kazza

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Chatting, Getting to know people, studying reading playing/listening to all types of music, relaxing, generally having a great time and enjoying life!!!

Posted 14 March 2001 - 05:48 AM

To me she just looks typically caucasian/turkish, or possibly medditeranean with distant chinese ancestry , some thing like less than a 32th.

Remember that distant ancestry can show up more the more distant it becomes. An example is if somebody 1/4 indian, black, whatever, and 3/4 white or anglo looks totally white, they marry another white person and their baby can look more black than then, and so on.

This is a good point to remeber that if your parents are not the same race not to think marrying some one , for example, of one of the races that your kids will assimilate into it too. Dont deny the other parts about you if you are mixed race, they all deserve equal respect! Or if you dont want to at least give your children the chance.

#5 TigrannesIII

TigrannesIII

Riko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Making fun or conservatives and seeking progressive change while preaching endogamy and cultural conservation in the diaspora.

Posted 15 March 2001 - 12:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kazza:

This is a good point to remeber that if your parents are not the same race not to think marrying some one , for example, of one of the races that your kids will assimilate into it too. Dont deny the other parts about you if you are mixed race, they all deserve equal respect! Or if you dont want to at least give your children the chance.

Yeah, right. F--- whitey is what I always say. My kids won't know that their grandma was born odar.

#6 Kazza

Kazza

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Chatting, Getting to know people, studying reading playing/listening to all types of music, relaxing, generally having a great time and enjoying life!!!

Posted 14 March 2001 - 02:30 PM

That's okay Tigrannes, but what if your kids feel they are entitled to that odar heritage?

#7 TigrannesIII

TigrannesIII

Riko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Making fun or conservatives and seeking progressive change while preaching endogamy and cultural conservation in the diaspora.

Posted 14 March 2001 - 02:40 PM

They aren't because it's not who they are (will be).

#8 bellthecat

bellthecat

A poor kitty, lost in the rain.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Interests:mreowing purring snuggling sleeping

Posted 15 March 2001 - 04:41 PM

quote:
To me she just looks typically caucasian/turkish, or possibly medditeranean with distant chinese ancestry , some thing like less than a 32th.

She doesn't look very Turkish to me - her features are too heavy. And, yuk, what horrible makeup! Less is more.

Steve

#9 Taguhi

Taguhi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:music, history, books, travel

Posted 16 March 2001 - 08:30 AM

I have blue eyes and I don't have dark hair rather middle dark. My father is Polish but he is more dark then I or my mother who is blond. Among Armenian from Armenia in Poland I always must explain who I am. They olways say me that I'm not be similar to Armenian because I don't have black eyes or hair.
In Armenia I don't have such problems. When I was in Turkey, Greece or other country when I said that I from Poland I always listened : Yes.. from Poland but ofcourse you are not a Polish!
I don't understand some of Armenians. You must be black like niger to be consider us an Armenian? I don't speak very very good Armenian but better then a lot of Armenians from Armenia and I know history and read a lot of Armenian books which was never seen by a lot of Armenians. Can I feel myself Armenian or not? Why Armenian from Hayastan think that they are more Armenian then other from diaspora?.

#10 DoC

DoC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Quite interesting.

Posted 16 March 2001 - 09:04 AM

Either way, I think she's a little rough on the eyes...

#11 Nvard

Nvard

Gatita :)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:everything..

Posted 16 March 2001 - 09:06 AM

Don't worry Taguhi jan!
That is not true.
Armenians look very various wether they are Hayastanci or not.I have seen a lot of Armenians who were blonder(lol) than the Swedish but they looked more Armenian (hope you know what I mean)that the Armenians that are as dark as Arabs ....It doesn't matter what are your colors.It's the appeance as a whole.
One thing...I have 5 Armenian girlfriends.
(3 of them are "bnik Hayastanci").And only one of them has Black hair and eyes!
2 of them have very light brown hair and hazel/greenish eyes. 1 is a redhead with grey eyes and the last one is a perfect BLOND with blue eyes .....and guess what, the "light" ones look more Armenian than I do..lol Even though I have brown hair and
black eyes

#12 DoC

DoC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Quite interesting.

Posted 16 March 2001 - 10:19 AM

Taguhi,
I would think Polish Armenian women must be beatiful. I have seen some very beautiful Polish women in my lifetime. Mix that with some armenian genes, and oh man! Do you have any sisters that live in Southern California?

#13 Kazza

Kazza

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 16 March 2001 - 01:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bellthecat:
She doesn't look very Turkish to me - her features are too heavy. And, yuk, what horrible makeup! Less is more.

Steve

Oh, tell me! I'm not a guy but I think just a bit of subtle make up is enough to do it, I think thereis such a thing as too much, such pretty girls actually MAKE them selves more ugly with too much make up, and I think it's a shame. I think it's this greek bimbo and turkish bimbo fashion though, particularly from the the eighties(I think it was this boy george/mods look) where a lot used to cake themselves in it, plus with monstrous blonde highights.

Yep, my greek mummy is typically dark-olived skinned greek-cypriot, with a medium-curvy build, and with slanting black eyes, but they slant down wards. Sometimes I joke that if I have a baby it would come out with one eye slanting upwards and then other eye slanting down. But we were in a silly mood when we were saying that. My grandparents were typically short, olive skinned, fuzzy browed, etc, but my dad and his brother and sister all came out black haired, and white-skinned with rosy cheeks. I came out black haired with nice eyebrows, hazel slanting eyes and medium olive. I have a slim build , luckily I didnt take after some of the family's inclination towards being a bit big.

#14 Taguhi

Taguhi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:music, history, books, travel

Posted 19 March 2001 - 08:43 AM

Doc jan,
Unfortunatly I don't have any sister.
My husband has 3 sister but they are not similar to me.
What about Polish women... They are sometimes beatifull but I don't like their character and style of life.

#15 Kazza

Kazza

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 March 2001 - 10:06 AM

So your'e a girl?? How come you dont like the polish women's way of life. what makes you say that? Do you think the armenian women's way if life is better or worse?

I am for and against armenian woman's way of life, for different reasons.

#16 Nané

Nané

Նանե

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 20 March 2001 - 12:11 PM

Guys, leave the poor girl alone. She has suffered enough Check out this site and let me know what you think

Armenian Beauties

#17 bellthecat

bellthecat

A poor kitty, lost in the rain.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Interests:mreowing purring snuggling sleeping

Posted 20 March 2001 - 10:24 AM

quote:
Oh, tell me! I'm not a guy but I think just a bit of subtle make up is enough to do it, I think thereis such a thing as too much, such pretty girls actually MAKE them selves more ugly with too much make up, and I think it's a shame. I think it's this greek bimbo and turkish bimbo fashion though, particularly from the the eighties(I think it was this boy george/mods look) where a lot used to cake themselves in it, plus with monstrous blonde highights.

Maybe a lot of it not being able to buy make-up during the Soviet era. Suddenly everything is available and so everything has to be used. I bet if suddenly gold became as cheap as cotton, everyone would walk around dressed like golden statues until another generation grew up and saw how silly it all was!

But this reminds me of a little incident during my only visit to Armenia (in 1993). I went to Sanahin monastery with some people and a female guide who spoke English. Her face was literaly caked in thick makeup. There were some big khatchkars beside the monastery - and when I was on top of a little hill trying to take a photo of the churches I noticed the guide was kneeling in front of one of the khatchkars as if she was praying. How religious she must be, I thought. It was only when I got closer that I saw she had propped up a little mirror at the base of the khatchkar and was kneeling down opposite it to apply even more post-office red lipstick to her lips.

Steve

#18 dragon

dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 21 March 2001 - 12:03 AM

Red lipstick-red shoes, these are the favourites of Armenian women in Armenia...waw...when I was studying in Yerevan, one day all the girls in university were wearing the same red shoes, with the red lipsticks on their lips...I get shocked...what's going on! What is this about! A new ''garmir heghapokhoutiun''???

After a while I understood that ''Univermak'' had a new delivery of red shoes from China (very low quality for sure) and all women in Yerevan run for it the day before...

Iragan khentenalik pan er` garmir-garmir vern ou varu...hayasdantsi aghchigneru...

------------------

Dragon

#19 dragon

dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 20 March 2001 - 02:28 PM

Not only red lipsticks and red shoes, also GARMIR-ANGIUN...

Guys who had the chance to study in Yerevan, they will remember ''Garmir-Angiun''...The name of the hall in hanragatsarans, where the students supposed to rest and have their weekends parties.

My door was against that ''angiun'' which had nothing red but its name...Communism was still there, yet after the independency, but in that ''angiun'' was nothing left...no TV, no seats, not either windows...all were stollen by the guardians of the biulding, and for the parties students were knocking my door for chairs, table, electricity (if we had the chance to have it), and it was my destiny to share their parties even without invitation...''Garmir-Angiun''...I was laughing for the stupidity I was aware of and enjoying my room leaving the door open and my music high!

...Great days...no electricity, no heater, sometimes not even piece of bread, but there was the challenge of being uspiurkahay living in Homeland, sharing the worse with the people around you, and writing a journalistic articles about the life in Armenia...

''Inch gu nshanage Hayasdani Tsumer''...this was the title of one of my articles, which has been used (and still is in power) as a refference for those, who wanted to study more about that period...Even Hayastantsis get shocked, by facing their upsetting reality in my article...

For Hayastantsis I still wish the same:''Charu gna, parin mna''...
-----------------------

Dragon

#20 davit

davit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2001 - 10:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hakob:
Many Hayastansis have hair color and eye color so black that they almost look like Central Asians and Chinese. Look at this girl:
http://www.meetapers...files/21196.htm

Did the Mamigonians really have so much impact on the Armenians, even genetically?

Hakob???? Urish problem chuneg?
Amota....
Yes el tzigane nmanem....Ba heto?
Lav el sirun aghjika u ira murazin khasni...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users