#41 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE(Anileve @ Nov 2 2006, 05:31 PM) View Post
I know at least 3 people who have done it, after a while you get quite tired of it and remove it, but the hole never really goes away. So it kind of looks like a constant giant blackhead.

Can't help wondering if perhaps you got the blackhead impression when the said people wore silver for a while - the oxidation is known for leaving a black mark inside the hole where the skin is to heal, deeming it more visible. Not the case with me - I'm using titanium (I had thought it was surgical steel, but apparently it isn't!)... If I were to go for silver or stuff I'd probably wait a year or so until it is completely healed.

#42 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Nov 9 2006, 10:46 AM) View Post
Witty?
I am!
But I have never found piercing one's body even a bit witty or funny.
msn-cry.gif msn-cry.gif

I couldn't agree more with you Arpa. What I don't understand is that these young women or young men someday when they grow up to be 40 or 50 and basically get tired of their tattoos, it's going to be both painful and hard to get rid of them. One of my aunts by marriage, she had done 3 holes on each of her earlobes and the two of them are torn and it looks awful. I think it's so let's say not so intelligent to play with one's body and skin that way.

Anything other than only one hole on each earlobe to put one earring only is not so bright as far as I am concerned.

Edited by Anahid Takouhi, 14 November 2006 - 05:23 PM.

#43 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE(Anahid Takouhi @ Nov 14 2006, 11:19 PM) View Post
One of my aunts by marriage, she had done 3 holes on each of her earlobes and the two of them are torn and it looks awful. I think it's so let's say not so intelligent to play with one's body and skin that way.

Anything other than only one hole on each earlobe to put one earring only is not so bright as far as I am concerned.

So far in my life I have seen only two examples of such torn earlobes, so I can only guess that your aunt by marriage must have tried very hard to get both tears.

#44 Sako_Aper

Sako_Aper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling and motocross.

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE(Anileve @ Nov 9 2006, 09:52 AM) View Post
You are in Utah, right? Ok....

Apparently you may have some comprehensional difficulties. I asked why people will pierce their bodies and what their parents and or grandparents think of it. I do not see how my question relates to the fact that I currently reside in Utah.

#45 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE(Stormig @ Nov 15 2006, 03:24 AM) View Post
So far in my life I have seen only two examples of such torn earlobes, so I can only guess that your aunt by marriage must have tried very hard to get both tears.

Frankly I don't know what or how it happened. I never asked; but now it's too bad cause it doesn't look good.

#46 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:52 AM

If my granma were a bit more open-minded, she'd appreciate something like this, methinks.

#47 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE(Sako_Aper @ Nov 15 2006, 03:27 AM) View Post
Apparently you may have some comprehensional difficulties. I asked why people will pierce their bodies and what their parents and or grandparents think of it. I do not see how my question relates to the fact that I currently reside in Utah.

Yes indeed, I have some comprehensional difficulties. Perhaps it's because you reside in Utah.

#48 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE(Stormig @ Nov 15 2006, 03:24 AM) View Post

My brother fell and tore his eyebrow which had a ring. As far as torn earlobes, I really don't know about them getting torn so easily. My brother is really into piercings and tattoos, so I got pretty used to seeing ornaments on bodies. The only thing I warned him about is that when he gets tired of it all, it'll be a heck of a job erasing traces of his wild youth.

Do what you desire, when you are much older it'll be a different story getting those, now you can get away with it and make it look good. Just make sure you are cautious so that the permanent marks are not very severe. It's your body and you are free to do with it what you wish. smile.gif

#49 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:59 AM

I also think when you get older depending how much elasticity your skin has, if your skin does not have elasticity and your wrinkles start coming in, I don't think adding a lot of those holes will be beneficial.
Neither the tattoos.

#50 Sako_Aper

Sako_Aper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling and motocross.

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE(Anileve @ Nov 15 2006, 09:43 AM) View Post
Yes indeed, I have some comprehensional difficulties. Perhaps it's because you reside in Utah.

From now on I will refuse to read anything you write, it will be merely a waste of my time. It is apparent to me that you are an unintelligent individual that comes from a family with irrational judgments and beliefs. Save yourself the two minutes and do not bother replying to me, I can assure you that it will not be read.

#51 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE(Stormig @ Nov 14 2006, 03:58 PM) View Post
I got red highlights in my hair. smile.gif

My aunt would say: "The good thing about hair is that it grows back." smile.gif In other words, change your haircut or color as often as you like.

Edited by nairi, 15 November 2006 - 09:02 PM.

#52 SanVal

SanVal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:55 PM

I wonder what Angelina Jolie's stomach tattoo looks like post-pregnancy. unsure.gif

#53 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE(SanVal @ Nov 16 2006, 03:55 AM) View Post
I wonder what Angelina Jolie's stomach tattoo looks like post-pregnancy. unsure.gif

Peculiar thing to wonder about.

#54 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE(nairi @ Nov 15 2006, 09:02 PM) View Post
My aunt would say: "The good thing about hair is that it grows back."

Azat, achked luys!!! ohmy.gif outtahere.gif

#55 Z'areh

Z'areh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE(Stormig @ Oct 31 2006, 09:42 AM) View Post
I recently got my left nostril pierced and have been looking up - or been trying to look up - what they call that Indian ornament that consists of the ear stud and the nose stud joined by a chain. What is it called? I can't find anything about it online. Puh-leez!

the only name-brand pierced thing I know is "la vache qui rit" tongue.gif

OK it's not a pierced nose but hey I think she looks good anyway....and blushing too!

http://www.museedela...mp/vachequirit/

sorry Stormig it was too tempting.

Edited by Z'areh, 21 November 2006 - 08:34 PM.

#56 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 02:03 AM

Yay, Zareh. smile.gif

#57 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 07:58 AM

Attached File  Scorpionii.jpg   16.64KB   29 downloads

Stormig consider this tattoo along with your nose piercing.

Edited by Anahid Takouhi, 15 December 2006 - 08:00 AM.

#58 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:09 AM

Here's another one.

Attached Files

#59 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:57 AM

Too common. I have a coupla unique ideas.

#60 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 09:39 AM

Storming:

I saw one of these roses on some woman's ankle this summer and it actually looked very pretty. It suited her and I liked it.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users